Any good electric violinist you recommend?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Since there is no 'culture' forum, I'll put this in the 'Canadian Culture forum even though it's not specificlaly limited to Canadian culture.

I'm thinking of eventually buying an electric violin, but would first I'd like to get a good idea of its musical capabilities.

I'd been looking up electric violinists online, and did come up with Emilie Autumn along with a list of others. She seems to be the most interesting of the ones I'd read about though, but could not find any soundbites to listen to online, and I don't want to buy a CD just for that. Her CD 'Enchant' seems interesting based on Amazon.ca reviews.

Can any of you recommend any other electrict violinist worth listening to to really get an idea of the abilities of that instrument?

Thanks.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
An electric violin is just a stick with strings and a chin rest......
And it sounds like...........................a stick with strings8O

But...I like my music acoustic, and a microphone if it needs amplification......

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

But...I like my music acoustic, and a microphone if it needs amplification......

But certainly there must be a difference in sound between electric and acoustic no doubt.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
My mate Dave is an electric violinist.

Well, to be more precise, he's only electric when he's wired up to the National Grid. He lives in Broadmoor, you see.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4r6mghpGNvM&ei=gopVUs_mIoSZrAHmjoHwDw&usg=AFQjCNE8g5AzFHherkIh3YbuGId6x-E7SQ&bvm=bv.53760139,d.aWM

There's a few more if you google "electric violin youtube"

Was a guy played one at a jam we used to go to,..........................****ing horrible