Idle no more?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Haven't heard much lately so I will assume they are idle again. Old habits die hard.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I checked their Itinerary...next up is the Wild Rice Festival in St. Paul Minnesota.

So, yeah. Not really idle, but not all that active either.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
That is just north America. Idle no More is now world wide. Indigenous people all over the planet are connected and working together. Mainstream media is ignoring them and that is why most people think they are idle, but they sure as hell ain't.
Right. I want to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn and I'll give you a good price.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Are they planning terrorism?

Just you wait.....

Remember Petros... Cliffy promised big changes this summer. I have the page book marked so we can follow it through and perhaps have a discussion in September.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Remember Petros... Cliffy promised big changes this summer. I have the page book marked so we can follow it through and perhaps have a discussion in September.

He promised them back in February "Shut Down Canada". A nation wide " just you wait". 6 people in Regina stopped traffic for 15 minutes. It could have went longer but two guys were going to beat the **** out of the protesters so the cops took them to safety.

Regina version of Shut Down Canada protest quickly shut down

go backNews Saskatchewan
ADVERTISEMENT

Regina version of Shut Down Canada protest quickly shut down
Feb 13, 2015 9:44 PM CT
CBC News
media duration: 0:44play video
RAW: Shut Down Canada group on Albert Street
VIDEO
A group of people taking part in a Shut Down Canada protest movement managed to slow traffic in Regina for a few minutes on Friday.

The protests, organized through Facebook, took place in various Canadian cities. It appears to have a number of criticisms about several government positions and policies. The Regina version attracted nine people.

One of the people in the Regina group, Daniel Johnson, tried to tamper with a signaling system at a level crossing on Albert Street North.

Police were ready for him.

"I didn't think that they were going to know that part of the plan," Johnson said "I thought I was being vague enough about what we were going to do that they wouldn't know to disable the signaling system. I did not see that coming."

Johnson received a warning that his actions could lead to him being arrested.

"They pretty much said that if I tried this again that they would," Johnson said. "They told me that they disabled the signaling system and that it wouldn't work and they pretty much knew exactly what I was doing and told me to remove the wire."

The protest also attracted some attention from slowed motorists, one of whom berated the group for their behaviour.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

He can afford gas?

Canadians share outrage over missing and murdered indigenous women and RCMP statement

Canadians share outrage over missing and murdered indigenous women and RCMP statement - Trending - CBC News

Too bad the RCMP have so little authority on the rez. Hinders looking for the culprits.
A task force will do nothing except squander money and give the ignorant a warm and fuzzy feeling. Boots on the ground and an informant or two on the rez wil produce real results for far less money.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Where have all the natives gone
Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to idleness everyone
When will they ever learn
When will they ever learn