Ezra pulling weeds

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Even if you disagree with this dude's politics or flavor of delivery, I can't see anyone with an open mind being against what he is standing up for. To say you are would be blatant partisan hackery.

I hope buddy becomes the Paul Magder of free speech for the rest of the country.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Even if you disagree with this dude's politics or flavor of delivery, I can't see anyone with an open mind being against what he is standing up for. To say you are would be blatant partisan hackery.

I hope buddy becomes the Paul Magder of free speech for the rest of the country.

I don't always disagree with his politics. Don't always agree with them either. And I'll admit that his over the top delivery grinds on my nerves after a very short while, lol. I can only take him in small doses.

But I will say this about the man, he is an avid and ardent supporter of free speech. And I have to admire him for that. I'll just admire him from afar, with the sound turned way down. Lol.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Excuse me, but from what I have seen of SUN news so little of it is even remotely balanced that I find it odd that this particular story was seized upon. It makes me wonder if something else is going on here. Levant's show is editorialized news; similar to what FOX and MSNBC do in the US. In that sense it is more like a talk show than anything else and no one should expect the least effort on Levant's part to deliver both sides of the issue.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Excuse me, but from what I have seen of SUN news so little of it is even remotely balanced that I find it odd that this particular story was seized upon. It makes me wonder if something else is going on here. Levant's show is editorialized news; similar to what FOX and MSNBC do in the US. In that sense it is more like a talk show than anything else and no one should expect the least effort on Levant's part to deliver both sides of the issue.

I find that the vast majority of news is editorialized, every network puts their own interpretation on what they say, and who says it. If you don't see that, you're not paying attention. It's more evident when it's a viewpoint that you don't agree with, that's all.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
no one should expect the least effort on Levant's part to deliver both sides of the issue.
Exactly Levant's point; no one should be able to coerce him and tell him what he can report and how he should report it.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I find that the vast majority of news is editorialized, every network puts their own interpretation on what they say, and who says it. If you don't see that, you're not paying attention. It's more evident when it's a viewpoint that you don't agree with, that's all.

Perhaps, but the major Canadian news networks like CTV and CBC do not feature ongoing commentary on the news as part of their news delivery. FOX does this, and so does MSNBC. In fact both of these networks actually have panels discussing the news and putting their spin on it as each story is presented. Little or no effort is made to be impartial in these discussions and frequently the actual news story is completely distorted; so distorted in fact that it often becomes a source of material for Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Unfortunately, I have noticed a similar trend in SUN News. Stories are not merely presernted and left for the viewer to interpret, the newscaster actually editorializes as he or she delivers the news. This makes most of what SUN News delivers much more similar to news programs like Power and Politics with Evan Solomon than they are to the nightly hourly news broadcasts delivered by newsreaders like Peter Mansbridge, who make little effort to editorialize the news content.

Exactly Levant's point; no one should be able to coerce him and tell him what he can report and how he should report it.

Thank you. That was my point as well. If you don't like Levant's biased whining then don't watch his show.