I was inspired by a drifter

Jairen

Jun 8, 2012
I recently took a greyhound bus for the first time and met some interesting people. The one most inspiring was a young man, no older that 22. I did not talk to him long, just time enough to share a cigarette and an extra pop I had on me. He was very kind, and seemed to enjoy what he was doing. He told me he had been drifting for a few months, and that many people helped him along his way, whether it be some bottled water or just some company for a short time.

I did not think about getting his name, but he was very inspiring to me. So i have planned to go to school for a few years, get some general college education to fall back on when or if I finish drifting. I am not trying to run away from anything, just more of wanting to experience things, meet people, see the country (or countries if the road takes me that way).

If anyone has any tips on where to go, what to take, or any other kind of advice I would be appreciative.

By the way, I am in the Niagara area at the moment.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
my advice... don't wait to be a 'drifter', to take a solid lesson from him. You can approach life with the same mentality right now, even while in college. Every evening, every weekend, get off the couch, get outside, and just see where life takes you, who you bump into, what you can learn. Having 'nests' to hide in is the downfall of human socialization. Get out. Drift. Enjoy.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I recently took a greyhound bus for the first time and met some interesting people. The one most inspiring was a young man, no older that 22. I did not talk to him long, just time enough to share a cigarette and an extra pop I had on me. He was very kind, and seemed to enjoy what he was doing. He told me he had been drifting for a few months, and that many people helped him along his way, whether it be some bottled water or just some company for a short time.

I did not think about getting his name, but he was very inspiring to me. So i have planned to go to school for a few years, get some general college education to fall back on when or if I finish drifting. I am not trying to run away from anything, just more of wanting to experience things, meet people, see the country (or countries if the road takes me that way).

If anyone has any tips on where to go, what to take, or any other kind of advice I would be appreciative.

By the way, I am in the Niagara area at the moment.

don't ever sit next to anyone named vince li.;)