Evaluating merchandise

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
With the biggest selling season of the year fast approaching perhaps it's time for us to take a hard look at the value obtained in what we are buying. We all get home with purchases from time to time just to discover right away that they are nothing but junk. Let's start identifying the ripoff artists who are trying to flog this stuff and shut them down during their busy season. There's legitimate charties we can donate to besides these guys.

lindyloo646

Nominee Member
Sep 10, 2008
Saskatchewan
Ok, I will start. Pedi-Paws does not work, at least not for my doggies. Gave it to a couple of friends also...and a no go for them too. (total of 12 dogs)

Also Febreeze flameless luminaires were a bust for us, pretty but virtually no scent what-so-ever.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Slap-chop. The makers of this piece o'crap need a slap! It didn't work straight out of the box.

return it... make sure they KNOW you didn't like it. Then, if you want a good one, go through Pampered Chef.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
lol Karrie - didn't we have this convo already? I did have a Pampered Chef chopper - it didn't hold up well in the dishwasher - but I think mine was an older version than yours. Anyway, I can't return the stupid slap chop - I bought it at a temporary kiosk. I'll chalk that $14.99 up to "serves me right for being so damn gullible".

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol Karrie - didn't we have this convo already? I did have a Pampered Chef chopper - it didn't hold up well in the dishwasher - but I think mine was an older version than yours. Anyway, I can't return the stupid slap chop - I bought it at a temporary kiosk. I'll chalk that $14.99 up to "serves me right for being so damn gullible".

Damn temporary kiosks. I figure, if you can't swing having an actual store, or a sales agent I can find when I need to, that should be a red flag right there. lol.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
return it... make sure they KNOW you didn't like it. Then, if you want a good one, go through Pampered Chef.

Better yet, re-package it and send it as a gift to that friend or relative who always sends you stale chocolates and candies from Dollarama :lol:. BTW I've got useless stuff I've been waiting to re-gift, is ten years long enough to wait before returning to sender?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Better yet, re-package it and send it as a gift to that friend or relative who always sends you stale chocolates and candies from Dollarama :lol:. BTW I've got useless stuff I've been waiting to re-gift, is ten years long enough to wait before returning to sender?
Maybe that's the better question. How many of you "re-gift"? I did that when my husband and I got married. I guess people thought we were really going to be cold. We received 17 blankets!!! All good but what does one couple do with 17 of them? You give them away as gifts.
Another one is how many times (this for the women)do you receive the little basket or whatever, with cream, soap, the netted soap thingy etc. in it? Next time I get one I won't be waiting 10 years. I will give it right back stating that I already have so many that I could not possibly use another. Rude? Probably, but the only way I know to stop them from coming. I don't save them really and I don't re-gift them. I throw them out. What a waste of money. Some of the products are really expensive but we each have "scents" we like and don't like. I don't like liquid soap in the bath or the shower.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Some of the products are really expensive but we each have "scents" we like and don't like. I don't like liquid soap in the bath or the shower.

We once got a really nice soap basket but the scent was a litle too strong, I couldn't throw it out so I put it in the shed with the tractors. The scent actually overpowered the smell of gas, oil, and decaying mice8O.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
I don't like liquid soap in the bath or the shower.[/quote]

May I ask why? I do not like the residue left by soap, so am curious what you use.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I don't like liquid soap in the bath or the shower.

May I ask why? I do not like the residue left by soap, so am curious what you use.[/quote]
Did you note the word "liquid"? I like bar soap and if you want me to be more specific, we use goat's milk soap.:smile: I don't like strong scented soaps either because, while a person who uses them smells clean when they pass by, the smell is so strong, I really cannot wait for them to "pass by" so the smell will leave.
As an example, read Bob's comment right above your own.