No more refreshing Forum Homepage

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Why bother reloading the Forum Homepage now that we have some nifty AJAX up and running? If you're a registered member, your latest topics scroll should automatically update every 15 seconds now without you having the reload the main page.

Please be reminded that Internet Explorer 6 is not supported and never will be. If you want to take advantage of this cool feature, please upgrade your IE or get FireFox.

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Whats with all the newspaper icons down the left side of the new topics section.? The number of posts in the topic seemed more informative.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Anyone else getting the

Firefox prevented the page from automatically from reloading

on the main page message every time they access ?

If so how do you resolve this as I have tried to "Allow" and yet it keeps coming back.. I have even marked the site as an open site and it keeps doing it..

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Anyone else getting the

If so how do you resolve this as I have tried to "Allow" and yet it keeps coming back.. I have even marked the site as an open site and it keeps doing it..

Do this:

Go to "Tools" for Firefox.
Click Options.
Click Advanced.
Click General.
3rd line down "Warn me when web site tries to reload or redirect page"
UNCLICK this.
Click OK

Last edited:

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Do this:

Go to "Tools" for Firefox.
Click Options.
Click Advanced.
Click General.
3rd line down "Warn me when web site tries to reload or redirect page"
UNCLICK this.
Click OK

If that's the only solution I am not sure that is the best and worthwhile. This option is to stop "Phishing" from happening and is a good security option that should not be overwritten that easily..

This is a major reason I moved to Firefox in the first place..

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
If that's the only solution I am not sure that is the best and worthwhile. This option is to stop "Phishing" from happening and is a good security option that should not be overwritten that easily..

This is a major reason I moved to Firefox in the first place..

Really? If you config Windows firewall properly that's all you need.

What kind of stuff can a phisher get anyway? Can they get pics off my harddrive? Can they see stuff I enter on encrypted sites? I'll say with confidence(maybe stupidity)that they can't get anything valuable, not unless your throwing your information around unscrupulously.

Besides, I had to clear that FF option to make that warning go away and I turned out okay...

Last edited:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Anyone else getting the

If this happens periodically, I think I've got this hammered out. As of now, there is no longer a meta refresh and the active topics should stay fresh automatically.

This only happened on the home page, or?

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
If this happens periodically, I think I've got this hammered out. As of now, there is no longer a meta refresh and the active topics should stay fresh automatically.

This only happened on the home page, or?

Hello Andem, yes it would only happen on the

http:// forums. canadiancontent. net/

page..

It seems to be gone now..

Thank you very much..