The Themes Thread

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Canadian Content goes web 2.0+ with ajax powered themes!

The forums are powered by vbulletin and unfortunately, designing hundreds of different templates to suit each member was not an option, so I created a workaround I simply call "themes". Perhaps skin would be more suitable, but to each his own.

To launch off with the beta version only, I have created 6 different themes you can switch between. If you're not using the beta version, you won't be able to access them unfortunately. Here they are:

Skyline: Based on a near-dusk photo of Toronto's skyline. This one is pretty rough looking right now.

Blue swirls: Simple, turquoise and white.

Kitty kat: If you're a cat-lover, this one's cute!

Green abstract: Green and ehm, abstract.

Our planet: Based on a great photo taken from space.

Sky and fields: A windows xpish theme with bright colours. Green and blue.

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Now, I love the swirly music theme, like I was saying to you, because it's visible out the side of the screen. Is there a way to bump some of your other themes over so that the most graphically interesting bits are to the side like that too?

edited... never mind, ignore me... I was thinking of some of the past test themes... you've rocked all the ones you have up now (imo)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Working on it! Some of theme just aren't mean to be at the bottom right of the screen. That one is probably the nicest setup, some of the others are based on photographs so it's hard to place them there. Themes also look very different on different resolutions which I will be testing out this week on many systems.