Forum suggestions wanted

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I know there have been discussion before but I'm curious what ideas are out there lurking in the shadows. Are there any specific new forums you would like to see?

Examples - US Elections? Healthcare? Conspiracy Theories? NHL Hockey? Photography? Constitution/Rights?

Threw out those ideas to get the cranial juices flowing. Any ideas on specific topics that you think would be good to have?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
The other day Kreskin and I kicked around the idea of having a voluntary forum-buddy registry - or some other means for us to be able to find out if members who've gone AWOL are ok,
when they don't respond to pm or email. The recent disappearance of Mikey is bothering me - I wish we had some way to know if he's ok. :-(

I'm not sure how something like this would work... it's a fine line respecting someone's privacy and being intrusive.....anyone have any suggestions?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I like to cut their legs off and barbeque them in honey. MMMmmm.

I always pluck the feathers off rather than just the legs before barbequing them. The broiled feathers add a unique taste but they are better plucked. We once had a neighbor who could pluck an entire chicken in 42 seconds. He was one fast chicken plucker..........;-):smile:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The other day Kreskin and I kicked around the idea of having a voluntary forum-buddy registry - or some other means for us to be able to find out if members who've gone AWOL are ok,
when they don't respond to pm or email. The recent disappearance of Mikey is bothering me - I wish we had some way to know if he's ok. :-(

I'm not sure how something like this would work... it's a fine line respecting someone's privacy and being intrusive.....anyone have any suggestions?

This is a good idea, but you know you can easily PM a member and they should receive an email about a PM awaiting on the board.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Me too would like to know that all of them whove been but aren't any more are OK but there is the privacy thing to respect I think.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Using the PM is a good idea but I don't know what would work if the member wasn't able to answer. Maybe we could all give a secondary e-mail address...........say that of a friend who would be able to reach us if it was needed. Just a thought....

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
This is a good idea, but you know you can easily PM a member and they should receive an email about a PM awaiting on the board.

oh yes, and as you may know, I've pmd and emailed folks occasionally to see if they're ok, but when we get no response - particularly from long term members (with health concerns) it would be nice for their on-line community to have some way to know if they need help, support or if something else has happened.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I delivered fifteen roosters to the butcher this evening, he commented on thier fine appearance.
They ate the brocoli and the cabbages and some pumpkin and some tomatoes but know the nutriants are all in one package. I'm sure they will taste very good.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I always pluck the feathers off rather than just the legs before barbequing them. The broiled feathers add a unique taste but they are better plucked. We once had a neighbor who could pluck an entire chicken in 42 seconds. He was one fast chicken plucker..........;-):smile:

BBQ the legs silly.

And yes, I'd pluck them before I BBQ'ed them. Tonight was drumlettes in honey and garlic, BBQ, and cracked pepper flavors. My cooking tonight ROCKED.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
oh yes, and as you may know, I've pmd and emailed folks occasionally to see if they're ok, but when we get no response - particularly from long term members (with health concerns) it would be nice for their on-line community to have some way to know if they need help, support or if something else has happened.

Yeah, I did that once, and no response, just makes one worry more.
I like the back up contact idea, some people are alone alot, and someone
should know about them. Some people have 'no' family at all, we might
be there only contact.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
what about an option to add 'emergency contact' information (hidden of course) in our profile, where the admin can see it?