*Hoax* Forums closing on 30.04.08

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Dear Members,

Canadian Content has recently been purchased by a Canadian media company well known throughout the country. The purchase was completed during my absense while I was in North America during March. With that, our logo has recently changed and the site will be undergoing a lot of work.

Due to the political nature of these forums and some material which is explicitly against the official policy of the new owner, the forums will be shut down indefinitely but some features such as profiles will be migrated to a new system.

It's been years and years since I started Canadian Content and I'm really sad to see it go, but I will however remain onboard as a consultant but no longer as administration. I'd like to wish you all the best and offer my thanks in having taken part in such a fun web site! Special thanks to the mods for their great work and support.

Reactions: shadowshiv

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I see Zan peeking her head in here. I'll bet she's worried that she will lose her Modship...to me!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
'fraid not Nuggz :-(

It's been quite the experience working with you Andem, and all the other mods that I've had the pleasure of working with too. I've learned alot from all of you.

The membership here is one of the finest collection of questing and challenging minds I've come across in cyberland. I'm gonna miss CC as we know it.

I'd like to wish the new owners as much success in attracting quality people with something relevant to contribute to their community as we have enjoyed.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I see Zan peeking her head in here. I'll bet she's worried that she will lose her Modship...to me!

I believe Andem and/or the new owners will be making an announcement within a few days regarding the issue of administrative and moderator openings. You may want to watch for it if you've an interest in applying. ;-)

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Well April fool or not, I'll keep wasting my time.....contributing my nonsense whatever....

Websites come and websites go.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I am not going to comment upon this announcement until it is April 2nd. :-?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I believe Andem and/or the new owners will be making an announcement within a few days regarding the issue of administrative and moderator openings. You may want to watch for it if you've an interest in applying. ;-)

Of course! I want to be purpleized, remember?;-):lol: At least at this site, as it is not good to be purpleized at that other site.:lol::lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Seriously.... er... if you wanted to be taken seriously on this matter, one would have mentioned this yesterday, or perhaps tomorrow (One day to avoid an obvious view of a Fools Day Prank wouldn't hurt) would have made sense.

And seriously.... why the hell would CBC buy these forums of all places? No offense is directed on the previous sentence, but I don't get why CBC would buy any forum.

"The purchase was completed during my absense while I was in North America during March."

Exactly who had the authority to make this decision while you were away and why didn't they make this notice rather then yourself?

I was born in April, so you gotta be really good to pass one by me.

Oh, but changing the title graphic was a nice touch though. Normally the title wouldn't change over until the activation date you assigned as of May 1st (After the closing date of the 30th.)

*Boos towards Praxius are Heard in the Distance*

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
All that being said, I think it was a valiant effort on his part. At least he tried.:cool:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The big guys just get bigger. That's the way she goes in this world.

Chris, are you allowed to say how much you got for it?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The big guys just get bigger. That's the way she goes in this world.

Chris, are you allowed to say how much you got for it?

He got the previously-rolled Roll-Up-The-Rim cup from the fellow on the East Coast. A sweet deal to say the least!:cool:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Andem, perhaps you should have waited til tomorrow for this announcement? :-(

Perhaps he should have ;-) ;-) *nudge nudge* Know what I'm saying? Say no more, say no more.....

Once again... if you were out when the deal was made, who had the go ahead to make this decision without your approval, or was this some hostile takeover?

Also, if CBC owns this site now, then wouldn't it be a conflict of interest to continue to have the CTV section still running on here? If I was with CBC, that would be one of the first things to go down.

Searches.....

Hmmm... Nothing on the CBC site in regards to purchasing the site.... not in the Canadian news section, the business section, or the arts & entertainment section..... I guess it's not that important I suppose. *tisk tisk* c'est si triste

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I'm suspicious, part of me believes (the sucker) and part of me dosn't (the sucker) so I'm also confused (normal), there's is no satisfactory conclusion other than a retreat to chocolate.