Signatures...

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Go into your control panel sanctus, click on signature options on the left panel... the post window will pop up. Type your signature. Save changes to your signature profile. :)

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Ah... ok, sometimes a signature is present in a post, and other times not.. it is a glitch in the forum system, not any one posters fault.

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
You see, my signature is not included in my post today, yet, other days it will be... just one of those things. :)

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I'll give that theory a shot :D

I notice it is a REAL variable- sometimes, I can refresh a page and where signatures were the second before, there's none

I've seen a few folks mention such things ( "why do you think I have that quotes as my signature?" followed by "I can't see it- how do I get it to show up??") and this goes back and forth a few posts then disappears into the forum sediments

It realy does seem like a glitch, but it would make sense to me that there might be some sort of character/word limit whereby after you roll it, the signature renders... but I SWEAR I've seen proof that this is NOT the case...

Odd.......

EDIT okay maybe it IS post length :D

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
having said that, some of sanctus's giant posts don't have signatures...
maybe it knows when it's a cut-and-paste? or maybe you have to use the "advanced" page rather than the quick response

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I've noticed that too, the spacing issue.... double spacing solves that problem though -

also, sometimes when I quote a post, and make a comment under the quote, I get an error msg saying I need to post something over 4 characters long... when I've actually got a few paragraphs in total...

same with trying to edit a post for a typo... will sometimes get that same error, and it won't allow the edit.
Not sure what's up but I'm sure Andem will get to it when he has time....

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
As illustrated in this thread, the signature will only show up once per page, but your post has to be a bit longer then a 1 or a couple of lines.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Also the minimum 4 characters have to be outside of quote tags.