Signatures...

sanctus
You'd think after 3 million posts I'd know this already...but how do you attach your signature to your posts?

Libra Girl
Go into your control panel sanctus, click on signature options on the left panel... the post window will pop up. Type your signature. Save changes to your signature profile.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by Libra GirlView Post

Go into your control panel sanctus, click on signature options on the left panel... the post window will pop up. Type your signature. Save changes to your signature profile.

Yes, I did that. But it does not seem to show up

Libra Girl
I beg your pardon. Click on 'edit signature.'

Libra Girl
Ah... ok, sometimes a signature is present in a post, and other times not.. it is a glitch in the forum system, not any one posters fault.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by Libra GirlView Post

Ah... ok, sometimes a signature is present in a post, and other times not.. it is a glitch in the forum system, not any one posters fault.

Ahh, a Cancon mystery...let's see if I can make it work! Thanks Libra.

Libra Girl
You see, my signature is not included in my post today, yet, other days it will be... just one of those things.

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

Ahh, a Cancon mystery...let's see if I can make it work! Thanks Libra.

lol, not by er.. divine intervention surely? Just kidding.

hermanntrude
I think the signature only shows up on long posts

mabudon
I'll give that theory a shot

I notice it is a REAL variable- sometimes, I can refresh a page and where signatures were the second before, there's none

I've seen a few folks mention such things ( "why do you think I have that quotes as my signature?" followed by "I can't see it- how do I get it to show up??") and this goes back and forth a few posts then disappears into the forum sediments

It realy does seem like a glitch, but it would make sense to me that there might be some sort of character/word limit whereby after you roll it, the signature renders... but I SWEAR I've seen proof that this is NOT the case...

Odd.......

EDIT okay maybe it IS post length

hermanntrude
nice test mab. seems we've proved it irrevocably :0)

hermanntrude
having said that, some of sanctus's giant posts don't have signatures...
maybe it knows when it's a cut-and-paste? or maybe you have to use the "advanced" page rather than the quick response

hermanntrude
another mystery... recently ive noticed when i put a paragraph space into a post, it gets deleted out
like this

Zan
I've noticed that too, the spacing issue.... double spacing solves that problem though -

also, sometimes when I quote a post, and make a comment under the quote, I get an error msg saying I need to post something over 4 characters long... when I've actually got a few paragraphs in total...

same with trying to edit a post for a typo... will sometimes get that same error, and it won't allow the edit.
Not sure what's up but I'm sure Andem will get to it when he has time....

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

having said that, some of sanctus's giant posts don't have signatures...
maybe it knows when it's a cut-and-paste? or maybe you have to use the "advanced" page rather than the quick response

I just put a signature on this morning, never had one before.

Andem
As illustrated in this thread, the signature will only show up once per page, but your post has to be a bit longer then a 1 or a couple of lines.

Kreskin
Also the minimum 4 characters have to be outside of quote tags.