Being cut off the forum

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I have placed few posts and they never "made it " to the front page .As the matter of fact ,they never made anywhere.Hope this one will .

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Uh? I don't understand... What do you mean by them not making the 'front page?'

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
I think they mean the recent reply section. I posted in the news section before and it also didn't apear on the front page.

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Oh, I see... I think. But, and I don't want to sound indifferent here, does it really matter? I mean, the post still goes in the intended thread, doesn't it? Or do you mean they don't appear there either? Sorry, I've never understood the mechanics of forums and how they work, too well.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
How do you start a thread?

I have placed few posts and they never "made it " to the front page .As the matter of fact ,they never made anywhere.Hope this one will .

Is it just me or is this really difficult at this site? Have looked for something that says "Post a New Message" or such. I think I am reasonably intelligent, but can not solve this one, so maybe I am not!

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
What do you guys mean by the front page ?

Do you mean the page that comes up when click on control panel and there is a list of threads ?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
jjaycce 98

Is it just me or is this really difficult at this site? Have looked for something that says "Post a New Message" or such. I think I am reasonably intelligent, but can not solve this one, so maybe I am not!

You're right.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Libra Girl

Uh? I don't understand... What do you mean by them not making the 'front page?'_________________

What I mean Libra Girl is that after finishing typing the message ,pressing the "Post Quick Reply " button ,the posts 'did not make' the front page or anywhere else fo that matter......spooky.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
That is weird, as this thread is on the front page right now. Are you talking about the homepage at http://www.canadiancontent.net/ ? If so, the front page is not real-time and does not update immediately. Infact, the front page (not the forums homepage) only takes the active topics each half hour and updates it that way.

EIther way, every new post (with the exception of the games forum) should bump the thread to the forums homepage and be at the top.

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
jjaycce 98

You're right.

Okay I admit it. So if I want to start a thread at this site...how do I do that? Please remember that the most intelligent people in the world are all teachers (small "t") to their fellow man.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Okay I admit it. So if I want to start a thread at this site...how do I do that? Please remember that the most intelligent people in the world are all teachers (small "t") to their fellow man.

You can scroll down the front page of the board, enter an appropriate forum for your posting interest then click the "new thread" button.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Andem
That is weird, as this thread is on the front page right now. Are you talking about the homepage at http://www.canadiancontent.net/ ? If so, the front page is not real-time and does not update immediately. Infact, the front page (not the forums homepage) only takes the active topics each half hour and updates it that way.
EIther way, every new post (with the exception of the games forum) should bump the thread to the forums homepage and be at the top.
EIther way, every new post (with the exception of the games forum) should bump the thread to the forums homepage and be at the top._____________________________________________________

What I,m saying Andem is that I have placed some posts in different threads ,but they have not rgistered anywhere.Perhaps it had to do something with the overloaded internet at that time here in China .There are places in China that at certain times of the day your internet ia almost nonexistant.
The fact is I,m not "cut off" as I am able to write this post , and being "cut off" is what the title of this thread is.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
On the page that says RECENT TOPIC DISCUSSIONS I scroll down to 'Canadian content.net' and click on the title. At the top of the list of treads in the left hand corner it is written 'NEW THREAD' click it the next page you write your msge and it will go into 'recent topic discussions'. However if no one comments on your topic it will disappear with time depending on the action on the other threads.

I do this and have had not trouble.