reporting posts

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
When should we report posts?

OK so if someone's being rude how rude do they have to be? do they have to be personally insulting? We've probably all said something at least slightly offensive to someone, but where is the line before we press that button?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well. It's a tricky issue.

I'd have to say I follow my own guideline on the issue.

If I have not said anything rude within the thread, and the person is not contributing to their argument in any way except personal attack, then by all means, I'd push the button. I've never been in that position though, as I typically say things that attack the poster too, and few posters ever base their posts on personal attack without contributing something else to it.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Well. It's a tricky issue.

I'd have to say I follow my own guideline on the issue.

If I have not said anything rude within the thread, and the person is not contributing to their argument in any way except personal attack, then by all means, I'd push the button. I've never been in that position though, as I typically say things that attack the poster too, and few posters ever base their posts on personal attack without contributing something else to it.
That is the stupidist thing I have ever heard...you are such an idiot!

(I hope you know that should be in purple)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Blank report form:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Ive only pushed the button once on a video I found repulsive....I got yelled at LOL Now I just PM a mod IF I have an issue. If someones picking on someone else I get invoved. I say something to the poster. If someone picks on me Im retarded enough to go hide under the bed and cry for a few days, ask ARVO