Trans Canadian Rail

abadgercalledmatt

Feb 22, 2007
london
www.sholtocrow.com
I'm hoping to take a trip to see my uncle in Vancouver in a few months, flying from London. I'd like to spend a few weeks away and I don't want to visit your fine country without seeing québec which I realise is on the other side of the continent. I also realise a few weeks isn't long.

What I would like to know is whether I can do vancouver montréal by train and still have time left over to actually visit quebec or at least montréal. I can fly back from there, that much I know.

Anyone undertaken this particular trip and has any pearls of wisdom to share?

Cheers

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Mr. Badger, A trip from Vancouver to Montreal on train is rather long. I'm sure whatever you do a flight from Montreal would be no problem.
In the mean time you might get more info about how long it takes at Via Rail. Good luck.:wave:

Sean D

Nominee Member
Nov 9, 2006
In 91 I took a bus from Montreal to Vancouver and it took 3 an half days... I think the train takes a day more than that.

But I must say that Quebec City is a must see, Montreal use to be a great city until the politics of Quebec destroyed it.:|

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The biggest thing wrong with making that trip by rail is the price. (about $800.00 one way) It is too bad because it is my favourite way of travel. The trip gets a bit monotonous along the shore of lake Superior and across the prairies (wheat fields and telephone poles for several days) but after a rail trip you will appreciate the size of Canada.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
One might want to rail it from Vancouver to Calgary as the scenery is breathtaking through the Rockies. Fly from Calgary to Kebek.
Or spend the time crossing the prairies by sitting in the barcar or the dining car. :D or both.