Moderators???

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
Does Canadian Content have moderators? If so, are there ones appointed for each section, or do a few oversee the all? Who are the various moderators if there are any, and how would a newer member recognize a post from a moderator?

Last edited:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
yes they do, they seem to be everywhere, although maybe they have regions, and their posts always have "moderator" written on them just under the name

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Does Canadian Content have moderators? If so, are there ones appointed for each section, or do a few oversee the all? Who are the various moderators if there are any, and how would a newer member recognize a post from a moderator?
Their names show up in neon green on the "Who's online" panel.

They would be...
Kreskin
Zan
Canucklehead
#Juan

And...

Andem would be the top dog Admin. That name shows up in a pretty hay colour.

Actually, I'ld love to be a Mod too, lol.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario

They would be...
Kreskin
Zan
Canucklehead
#Juan

And...

Thank you very much.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan

They would be...
Kreskin
Zan
Canucklehead
#Juan

And...

You could ban yourself!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Not me. I have an extremely low tolerance for people that prefer to remain ignorant. But if I was, I wouldn't throw a hissy fit if there was a rare occasion of namecalling, particularly if it was directed at said critter preferring to remain ignorant. :D

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
m o d e r a t o r s

Way way up at the top of the page, there is the word "Members". Right in between FAQs and Groups.

If one left clicks on that word, one gets the whole big list of members. Moderators' names are in G R E E N.

The list runs alphabetically, i.e. starting with names beginning with "a", and ending with names beginning with "z".

Once you have 100 or so posts, you are allowed to send Private Messages, and you can PM the little green people. That used to be the rule, unless the moderators have changed it. I never write them, so I don't know.

What I do know is that people on this board are allowed to state their opinion. Other members are allowed a rebuttal, stating their opinions in turn. This is usually the way of most forums. One may agree or disagree as one wants, providing one remains civil.

If one finishes a post, then a little while later, blindsides a person due to a picky little piece of nothing such as a spelling mistake, one is looking for serious rebuttal. There are exceptions. If one has been on the board for a long time, and knows people here, and calls them on a silly grammatical error or whatever, it is usually done in jest, and a smily is used, and the "callee" knows it is in fun.

No one is grammatically perfect all the time. No one needs to be (IMHO) on this forum at least, and no one usually gets all pissy over it.

But if one is seriously pissed at someone, discuss it in public, take it to Wreck Beach and duke it out. Otherwise, keep your own council or don't bitch if you get called on it.

Just my .02 concerning mods and the contacting thereof.

:grommit:

If one cannot PM a mod, give me the message and I'll make sure they get it.

:thefinger:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

They would be...
Kreskin
Zan
Canucklehead
#Juan

And...

A little bit of moderation and you would be great.

P.S. No pun intended. Well I guesss it was. Ha Ha.

Last edited: