60 users online!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
60 users visiting our site, whats it gonna take for you to join us in our little village? Come on start yaking! We don't bite, we need a bigger gene pool. We don't care what you say as long as you are yaking :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
well I can't resist it....so I am posting something, but I am already a member and I post alot...but its the dare that get me everytime. :wink:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
well I can't resist it....so I am posting something, but I am already a member and I post alot...but its the dare that get me everytime. :wink:

Hotdamn, well in that case I triple-dog dare you to send me a 50-lb case of chocolates. :cool:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
how strange! I just got this awhile ago.

http://www.keepmedia.com/featuredtopics/512/?oliID=243&bemID=RURaAQvY8r21SkzmBBPvuQaa3730

Attention All Lurkers.

Whats it gonna take to get you to join up! tell us! maybe we can arrange something :p

Lurkers, it is true. All you have to do is post and say what you want Pea to give you as a bribe to posting. Why, here's one that has come through already:

Hello. My name is Haggis. I am a lurker. I never ever post because I am too shy. However, the generous offer of all the chocolate I can eat (the chocs contained in the link above are all spoken for. by me) is what done made me finally post.

Here's another one!

Hello. My name is Missy Very Shy. I am a lurker. I never ever post because I am too shy. However, this forum has promised me $$$ if I post, so I am now posting.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ok there are still 60 visitors on line. Let see who can get one of them to join :p All the stops are out, promise them anything. I gotta think of something right now, it could take awhile. First one to get someone to join gets a well thats another problem. I have an extra vegie matic laying around :p

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! PeaPod

Yuh know, I really feel for yuh! I know exactly what your sayin'. People who just visit and steal whatever yuh got and never even post a message of "thank you" ..... irritate me to no end.

I remember when I first got my puter. I got my puter in May of 2001 and opened an MSN group in September, I think. Anyways; in 3 months I had 58 members and I was the only one posting. So, I just banned every one of them and closed my site to public viewing. From that day forward, I only used it to store information at.
This is the address.
http://groups.msn.com/PARANOIDDOTCALM

Then, when Rogers shut down their chat rooms, a group of about 30 people were looking for another place. So, I opened up a board and a chat board as well.
The people who joined already knew each other and they posted regularly. But it was the lurkers who irritated me. I used to check my log file and get angrier every day. Everytime someone came and just downloaded an mp3 or stole a cartoon had me feel used and abused.
I know its crazy. But it was just how I felt.
So, I just shut-em down. I gave everyone a weeks notice and that was it!

But, as I join other sites, I do my best to post regularly. Yuh know, I have not read anyone's profile here because I don't care. I just want to appreciate what is in their minds and not so much their hearts. When first getting my puter, the reason I chose my Nic of Paranoid Dot Calm is because that is the first thing I noticed when reading profiles. They were always empty of content. Everyone in Mouse Land is paranoid.

Keep smilin' and dont let 'yer mouse byte yuh!

Calm