Taliban attack on school leaves 141 dead

MHz
Colpy gets my vote. That would mean anybody who has killed that many or more would obviously be that much more despicable, right Colpy? You ever get called 'peanut' in your youth?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Interesting proposition. How do you propose to accomplish that?

Not sure.......................I'm still working on it!

Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Whiter Shade of Pale. Remember that?

It "rings a bell".................my memory is good but it's short!

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Not sure.......................I'm still working on it!

It "rings a bell".................my memory is good but it's short!

one of my favourites

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvMb3iPP-tHdA

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

...It "rings a bell".................my memory is good but it's short!

I bet that's not the only thing that's short.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

I bet that's not the only thing that's short.

Don't get cheeky!

spaminator
Peshawar attack: Faulty alarm makes boy, 15, sole survivor in his class
QMI Agency
First posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:59 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Dawood Ibrahim, 15, is the sole survivor in his Grade 9 class after Tuesday's brutal attack on a school in northern Pakistan, all because his alarm didn't go off that morning.
Taliban gunmen stormed the Army Public School in Peshawar, killing 141 people, 132 of them children.
Dawood would have been among them, had his alarm clock worked, reports the Express Tribune (external - login to view), a Pakistani daily newspaper.
The teen had been to a wedding the night before, and when his alarm didn't go off, he overslept, his older brother Sufyan told the paper.
Dawood is now in shock after funerals for six of his friends in one day.
"Dawood isn't talking to anyone, he isn't talking at all," Sufyan said. "He is in judo and is a tough child but he is showing no emotion at all right now. He just attended funerals the entire day. No one from his class survived; every single one of them was killed."
Dawood Ibrahim, 15, is the sole survivor in his Grade 9 class after Tuesday's brutal attack on a school in northern Pakistan, all because his alarm didn't go off that morning. (Family photo)

Peshawar attack: Faulty alarm makes boy, 15, sole survivor in his class | World

Locutus
Pakistan Reverses Ban on Death Penalty After Peshawar School Attacks (external - login to view)

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Pakistan Reverses Ban on Death Penalty After Peshawar School Attacks (external - login to view)

Pakistan didnt have a ban on the death penalty to begin with. Theyve had people on death row for awhile

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Pakistan didnt have a ban on the death penalty to begin with. Theyve had people on death row for awhile

You are correct. What they had was a moratorium on executions.

MHz
The attack is falling into place in the larger picture. This brings up rage, as it should, but in this case the retribution might be against another state fot them allowing abuses to happen. Maybe ISIS will come to the Christians aid as the US is too busy with Putin.

Report: Islamic Saudi Arabia Passes Law That May Impose Death Penalty on Bible Smugglers | Christian News Network (external - login to view)

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

You are correct. What they had was a moratorium on executions.

I like technicalities.

Tecumsehsbones
From the "Sow the Wind, Reap the Whirlwind" files:

In expanding offensives, Pakistan military kills at least 67 suspected militants

By Tim Craig and Shaiq Hussain December 19

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — A series of airstrikes and ground offensives killed at least 67 suspected militants in Pakistani’s northwestern tribal areas, officials said Friday in an apparent sign of intensified military action after this week’s Taliban school massacre.

Although Pakistani leaders have suggested they could take the fight across the border into Afghanistan, the latest strikes remained in Pakistani territory.

But in a possibly coordinated mission, a U.S. drone strike late Thursday killed five suspected militants near Nazyan in Afghanistan’s Nangahar Province, the U.S. military said. The area is where many Pakistan Taliban leaders, including chief commander Maulana Fazullah, are believed to reside.

In all, more than 100 suspected militants have been killed by the Pakistani air force and army since Tuesday’s slaughter at the Army School and College in Peshawar, which claimed 148 lives, mostly teenage students.

More at link: In expanding offensives, Pakistan military kills at least 67 suspected militants - The Washington Post (external - login to view)

DaSleeper
Just trying to up your post count?

MHz
No, are you? . . . over

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

No, are you? . . . over

Did I quote you or post after you?
Your post count is about the same as mine in the same number of years...

MHz
Yes well, all of yours were jackass comments, while mine, on the other hand, (insert some outrageous lie that can't be topped). lol

Not that it should ever be done but going back over the whole deal I am probably more mellow today even with topics that are just as gruesome. You, however, are probably going to have a meltdown shortly while the same event happening to somebody else is a pause, a step or two back, check the sign posts again and take appropriate action. You have to find a port, strip everything down to the last bolt, inspect and replace or repair and then put it back together in some form that is anything but what you just disassembled, . . . by 5PM, . . . today. It's nice you can be programmed to push buttons, now can you be trained to push them at the right time and for the right reason as results vary with use.

Oh yea, forgot, that makes you a JawJacker, no prize involved but at least it tops BusyBody.

Zipperfish
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Ive ridden in transit with muslims damn near every day for five years. Nothing happened.

Yeah but were you were your Allah is a Pedo Pig F#%&ker shirt

spaminator
Pakistan's most hated man - mastermind behind the massacre
Saud Mehsud, REUTERS
First posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 08:27 AM EST | Updated: Friday, December 19, 2014 08:40 AM EST
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan - The most hated man in Pakistan is a 36-year-old father of three and volleyball enthusiast nicknamed "Slim".
His real name is Umar Mansoor and the Pakistani Taliban say he masterminded this week's massacre of 132 children and nine staff at a school in Peshawar - the deadliest militant attack in Pakistan's history.
A video posted on Thursday on a website used by the Taliban shows a man with a luxuriant chest-length beard, holding an admonishing finger aloft as he seeks to justify the Dec. 16 attack. The caption identified him as Umar Mansoor.
"If our women and children die as martyrs, your children will not escape," he said. "We will fight against you in such a style that you attack us and we will take revenge on innocents."
The Taliban say the attack, in which gunmen wearing suicide-bomb vests executed children, was retaliation for a military offensive carried out by the Pakistani army. They accuse the military of carrying out extrajudicial killings.
The accusation is not new. Many courts have heard cases where men disappeared from the custody of security services. Some bodies have been found later, hands bound behind the back and shot in the head, or dismembered and stuffed into sacks.
Some security officials say privately the courts are so corrupt and afraid, it is almost impossible to convict militants.
"You risk your life to catch terrorists and the courts always release them," said one official. "If you kill them then they don't come back."
The country is so inured to violence that the discovery of such bodies barely rates a paragraph in a local newspaper. Despite this, the school attack shocked a nation where traditionally, women and children are protected, even in war.
Six Pakistani Taliban interviewed by Reuters confirmed the mastermind was Mansoor. Four of them said he is close to Mullah Fazlullah, the embattled leader of the fractious group who ordered assassins to kill schoolgirl activist Malala Yousafzai.
"He strictly follows the principles of jihad," one said. "He is strict in principles, but very kind to his juniors. He is popular among the juniors because of his bravery and boldness."
Mansoor got a high school education in the capital, Islamabad, two Taliban members said, and later studied in a madrassa, a religious school.
"Umar Mansoor had a tough mind from a very young age, he was always in fights with other boys," said one Taliban member.
Mansoor has two brothers and spent some time working in the city of Karachi as a labourer before joining the Taliban soon after it was formed, in late 2007, said one commander.
His nickname is "nary," a word in the Pashto language meaning "slim", and he is the father of two daughters and a son, said another commanders.
"(Mansoor) likes to play volleyball," said one of the Taliban members. "He is a good volleyball player. Wherever he shifts his office, he puts a volleyball net up."
The Taliban video describes him as the "amir", or leader, of Peshawar and nearby Darra Adam Khel. Mansoor deeply opposes talks with the government, the commanders said.
"He was very strict from the start when he joined," a commander said. "He left many commanders behind if they had a soft corner (of their heart) for the government."
Militants, who the Pakistan Taliban say attacked the Army Public School in Pehawar on Tuesday, pose with weapons and Khalifa Omar Mansoor Hafzullah (C, in blue) at an unknown location in this undated handout picture released on December 17, 2014. Pakistan on Wednesday began burying 132 students killed in a grisly attack on their school by Taliban militants that has heaped pressure on the government to do more to tackle an increasingly aggressive Taliban insurgency. REUTERS/Pakistan Taliban/Handout

Pakistan's most hated man - mastermind behind the massacre | World | News | Toro

no new posts