What happened?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Site is back up

Thanks to Kreskin for posting on the Facebook wall that the site was down, it's now back up. I haven't been on the site all day so I didn't know it was down. If it's down for more than a couple of hours, please contact me or post on the facebook wall.

How long was the site down?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I don't know.. I've been busy with other things for a little bit and nobody contacted me. I have no idea how long the site was down for. I was last online yesterday.

Either way, what happened was the web server just started hanging and was in that state for a long time. I now have a program monitoring it to restart it if that happens again.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I am not sure how long it was down exactly, but I checked the site earlier in the day here in Australia while at work at around 8:05am and just noticed it was back up now @ 3:04pm (7 Hours or so)

And I don't have the forums on Facebook so I couldn't post there.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
*hrumph* *Kicks rock*

Nobody let me know why I was banned when I was banned..... and wasn't officially told why until I was un-banned. :p

What I mean is, you receive an automatic email notification that you have been banned. Or at least, you should have.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Zan messaged me with a good idea. To get a few regulars to get my contact info and notify me when the site is down for more than a couple of hours. Anyone interested please PM me and I'll forward you the details.

This time I was really away from the computer for a day and that's when we went down :(

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That's always the way. You can watch it like a hawk for 364 days but the 365th is the one where all hell breaks loose.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Thanks for the info about facebook, never thought to look there when I couldn't get on yesterday. Had the same thoughts as DG for awhile. ............ it was almost like going through withdrawal when I couldn't get on. ;-)