2010 food crisis for dummies

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
*****2010 Food Crisis for Dummies*****

If you read any economic, financial, or political analysis for 2010 that doesn’t mention the food shortage looming next year, throw it in the trash, as it is worthless. There is overwhelming, undeniable evidence that the world will run out of food next year. When this happens, the resulting triple digit food inflation will lead panicking central banks around the world to dump their foreign reserves to appreciate their currencies and lower the cost of food imports, causing the collapse of the dollar, the treasury market, derivative markets, and the global financial system. The US will experience economic disintegration.

The 2010 Food Crisis Means Financial Armageddon

Over the last two

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC

If you read any economic, financial, or political analysis for 2010 that doesn’t mention the food shortage looming next year, throw it in the trash, as it is worthless. There is overwhelming, undeniable evidence that the world will run out of food next year. When this happens, the resulting triple digit food inflation will lead panicking central banks around the world to dump their foreign reserves to appreciate their currencies and lower the cost of food imports, causing the collapse of the dollar, the treasury market, derivative markets, and the global financial system. The US will experience economic disintegration.

Over the last two

Well, it's one opinion. Apparently this same guy predicted the same disaster for 2009 but it didn't happen. The posts on that link are quite interesting, with many refuting the headline.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Over the last two

I suppose it's going to happen eventually if we don't change our habits, but it isn't going to happen next year. I'm not sure which is worse, the idiot who comes up with this stuff or the idiot who perpetuates it.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
What is it with the forum these days? First we had the moronic thread about Atheism being dead, now this.

SirJP, you must remember that this individual -assuming he/she is a bonafide Canadian citizen - is protected under the Charter: "Fundamental Freedoms", section 2, "Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms..." followed by part B, "freedom of thought, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication."

However, I agree with your comments. But, I won't make it a habit! :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
SirJP, you must remember that this individual -assuming he/she is a bonafide Canadian citizen - is protected under the Charter: "Fundamental Freedoms", section 2, "Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms..." followed by part B, "freedom of thought, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication."

However, I agree with your comments. But, I won't make it a habit! :lol:

Yep, that charter is the best thing since sliced bread...........................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Over the last two

DB are you just trying to depress us? Do you think that we would have only a year's warning of a worldwide food shortage? Seems to me this thread has been started before. What is the "undeniable evidence"?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Were we not supposed to run out of food by 1975?
Wasn't ther supposed to be world wide hunger about the same time?

Just curious. The fore-runners of the imbeciles who predict global catastrophy due to Global Warming pardon me, Climate Change predicted that the human race would be wiped out by starvation in the mid seventies.

Are they back now? Predicting HUNGER again, seeing that their Global Warming/Climate Change predictions have been proven BOGUS?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I've got the perfect solution. We can eat our dead.
The problem with that is that we don't seem to be particularly nutritious.

The problem is that we are slowly destroying the thing that supplies our food. The quality of food for the general population is going down. And in the meantime, the malnutrition in the poorer areas doesn't seem to have changed much. I doubt humans will die off next year if this food shortage happens, but if we keep increasing the population and destroying what supplies our food, we will have to supply our own food eventually.
Personally, though, I think potable water shortage is a more important problem.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Just curious. The fore-runners of the imbeciles who predict global catastrophy due to Global Warming pardon me, Climate Change predicted that the human race would be wiped out by starvation in the mid seventies.

Are they back now? Predicting HUNGER again, seeing that their Global Warming/Climate Change predictions have been proven BOGUS?
I guess you fell asleep during the bio-ag revolution?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Malthus? He was wrong. The green revolution was well underway before the 70's. Many countries were exporting surplus agricultural commodities.

It only prolongs the inevitable choice. We will have to become sustainable, or those predictions will come true.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The problem with that is that we don't seem to be particularly nutritious.

The problem is that we are slowly destroying the thing that supplies our food. The quality of food for the general population is going down. And in the meantime, the malnutrition in the poorer areas doesn't seem to have changed much. I doubt humans will die off next year if this food shortage happens, but if we keep increasing the population and destroying what supplies our food, we will have to supply our own food eventually.
Personally, though, I think potable water shortage is a more important problem.
If we can't eat them, then grind them up for fertilizer.

jsiooa

Time Out
Aug 5, 2009
can anyone who has practiced cannibalism give me an idea of what human flesh tastes like?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nothing beats blood and bone meal for fertilizer.
Fish is best. Fish tissue is generally quite a bit more nutritious than human tissue. That's besides the fact that humans tend to carry a lot more accumulated poisons in our tissues because we are around the top of a food chain. We tend to add unnatural ingredients to our foods.