To all you not retired working stiffs - Hope you have your stuff paid for

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Strong Indicator Of An Imminent Potential Financial Crisis

The soaring consumer and corporate debt levels are presenting signs of potential financial crisis. By 2020, business debt likely will climb to $75 trillion from its current $51 trillion level, according to S&P Global Ratings. Under normal circumstances, that wouldn’t be a major issue so long as credit quality remains high, interest rates and inflation remain low, and the economic growth continues. However, the alternative is less pleasant should those conditions not persist.

Should interest rates rise and economic conditions worsen, corporate America could be facing a major problem as it seeks to manage that debt. Rolling over bonds would become more problematic should inflation gain and rates raise, while a slowing economy would worsen business conditions and make paying off the debt more difficult. In that case, a “Crexit,” or withdrawal by lenders from the credit markets, could occur and lead to a sudden tightening of conditions that could trigger another financial scare.

“A worst-case scenario would be a series of major negative surprises sparking a crisis of confidence around the globe,” S&P said in the report. “These unforeseen events could quickly destabilize the market, pushing investors and lenders to exit riskier positions (‘Crexit’ scenario). If mishandled, this could result in credit growth collapsing as it did during the global financial crisis.”

The consumer credit (excluding mortgages) is approaching 20% of the GDP which is a record. The figure below represent this increasing trend in consumer credit.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/strong-indicator-of-an-imminent-potential-financial-crisis/
nice graph at link

to all of you who aren't paid up and have to go to the slave factory to pay off the debt master:
we salute you
:)
just sayin

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
geez and after all your scare threads too
you aren't now, how can you be in the future?
or is that more fake news?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The hard fact is that the past decade’s $10 trillion in deficit spending has produced the worst economic growth as measured by Gross Domestic Product in our nation’s history. You read that right, in the past decade our nation’s economy grew slower than even during the Great Depression. This stagnant, new normal, low-growth economy is leaving millions of working age people behind who have given up even trying to participate, and has led to a malaise where many doubt that the American dream is attainable.
When I first read that, I thought that this claim could not possibly be true. But I was curious, and so I looked up the numbers for myself.
What I found was absolutely astounding.
The following are U.S. GDP growth rates for every year during the 1930s
1930: -8.5%
1931: -6.4%
1932: -12.9%
1933: -1.3%
1934: 10.8%
1935: 8.9%
1936: 12.9%
1937: 5.1%
1938: -3.3%
1939: 8.0%
When you average all of those years together, you get an average rate of economic growth of 1.33 percent.
That is really bad, but it is the kind of number that one would expect from “the Great Depression”.
So then I looked up the numbers for the last ten years
2007: 1.8%
2008: -0.3%
2009: -2.8%
2010: 2.5%
2011: 1.6%
2012: 2.2%
2013: 1.7%
2014: 2.4%
2015: 2.6%
2016: 1.6%
When you average these years together, you get an average rate of economic growth of 1.33 percent.
I thought that was a really strange coincidence, and so I pulled up my calculator and ran all of the numbers again and I got the exact same results.

Over The Last 10 Years The U.S. Economy Has Grown At EXACTLY The Same Rate As It Did During The 1930s

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

Lets add children under population please.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Lets add children under population please.

Have you got a different link Angstrom? This one seems to have pooped out.
All the debt and secondary derivative debt has mortgaged children that may not even get born

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Not very leveraged myself but there is a shytepile of extremely leveraged Yuppies here in Oakville who assume that the fiscal situation of the last decade or two ... low interest rates, easy credit, geometric progression of realestate values ... are the norm.

I think that we're in for a dramatic and wrenching adjustment.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Have you got a different link Angstrom? This one seems to have pooped out.
All the debt and secondary derivative debt has mortgaged children that may not even get born

It was a pyramid. Showing our economic model

Can't continue to have economic growth when 10 million boomers will be dieing in the next 20 year. Economic growth is pushed by population, with jobs.

Less population and less jobs. How can the economy continue growing? Its as simple as that.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not very leveraged myself but there is a shytepile of extremely leveraged Yuppies here in Oakville who assume that the fiscal situation of the last decade or two ... low interest rates, easy credit, geometric progression of realestate values ... are the norm.

I think that we're in for a dramatic and wrenching adjustment.

Always fun to see yuppies get their just rewards. XCourse they will expect the government to either bail them out or force the paper companies they invested in to pay up.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Always fun to see yuppies get their just rewards. XCourse they will expect the government to either bail them out or force the paper companies they invested in to pay up.

Sad part is they just might get it regardless of which party happens to be in power at the time.

Still, Im looking forward to the show.

As for myself I have some student debt but if all goes according to plan that'll be paid off in less than five years. Even if it isnt, they've been pretty easy to work with payment wise. My consumer debt is $0.00. I'm aiming to keep it that way. I learned that lesson early.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
lol the robots will need places to live...
Will they need the usual services or will a parking lot with extra plug-ins do as a hotel?? Who gets to cash their minimum wage checks??
Union rep, human or robot?

Still, Im looking forward to the show.
Me too, get a good view of the highest bridge in the area and count the number that jump in a day. I'll bet more go on the weekends than the weekdays, just because that is when losers feel like losers the most. Nothing spells loser than an unemployed university grad.

More popcorn?? The other line is for the kool-aid if you have a fear of heights.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The hard fact is that the past decade’s $10 trillion in deficit spending has produced the worst economic growth as measured by Gross Domestic Product in our nation’s history. You read that right, in the past decade our nation’s economy grew slower than even during the Great Depression. This stagnant, new normal, low-growth economy is leaving millions of working age people behind who have given up even trying to participate, and has led to a malaise where many doubt that the American dream is attainable.
When I first read that, I thought that this claim could not possibly be true. But I was curious, and so I looked up the numbers for myself.
What I found was absolutely astounding.
The following are U.S. GDP growth rates for every year during the 1930s
1930: -8.5%
1931: -6.4%
1932: -12.9%
1933: -1.3%
1934: 10.8%
1935: 8.9%
1936: 12.9%
1937: 5.1%
1938: -3.3%
1939: 8.0%
When you average all of those years together, you get an average rate of economic growth of 1.33 percent.
That is really bad, but it is the kind of number that one would expect from “the Great Depression”.
So then I looked up the numbers for the last ten years
2007: 1.8%
2008: -0.3%
2009: -2.8%
2010: 2.5%
2011: 1.6%
2012: 2.2%
2013: 1.7%
2014: 2.4%
2015: 2.6%
2016: 1.6%
When you average these years together, you get an average rate of economic growth of 1.33 percent.
I thought that was a really strange coincidence, and so I pulled up my calculator and ran all of the numbers again and I got the exact same results.

Over The Last 10 Years The U.S. Economy Has Grown At EXACTLY The Same Rate As It Did During The 1930s

No real surprise there. The US has essentially created a low wage economy for about half its population. As a result the part of the population that would actually stimulate the economy is either mired in debt or too poor to do more than exist at a subsistence level. If you want a vibrant economy make sure the average wage earner gets a decent living wage.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It was a pyramid. Showing our economic model

Can't continue to have economic growth when 10 million boomers will be dieing in the next 20 year. Economic growth is pushed by population, with jobs.

Less population and less jobs. How can the economy continue growing? Its as simple as that.

Economic growth is pushed by war.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Economic growth is pushed by war.

Absolutely. And while the bean counters are working on alternatives to this moneymaker, let's fire up the bomb factories and look to the east!

Beside the economic advantages already mentioned, there are other logical reasons.

Less destruction of human built or natural habitat. (I said less, not none.)
Easy clean up and rebuilding.
Population control.
Far away from our place.
We can invite the neighbours too. Russia. China. Even Canada.
Good testing area for previously untested weapons systems. Deserts are used quite a bit for wpns testing.
Surface conventional wpns use (non-nuke) leaves the oil untouched and uncontaminated, underground.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
.....so?

What are you saying?

Ready to suit up?

Ready to have your kids suit up?

Just because...jobs.

Because peace Also has consequences, Like economic stagnation, overpopulation, over consuming Depleting resources. Destruction of the earth. Not that a idiot like yourself has the mental capacity to see the bigger picture instead of his own little individual existence.

Im sure kids living in your basement till 45 years old is a great sign of our great prosperity & peaceful world.