Why free trade and a carbon tax should go hand in hand.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Animal products and biproducts should be taxed too along with extracted non-rebewable resources, but taxed at on the breeder end. However, scrap all business taxes and income taxes, maybe introduce a moderate wealth tax, and scrap any value added tax like the GST and HST and unilaterally scrap all tariffs.

Don't respond to red herrings, Machjo.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Mexico is lower than Canada and US in emissions.

I don't expect us to raise the minimum wage to 50.00 per hour to make sure a high school graduate earns the same as a rocket scientist. It would only hurt the high school student by legislating him out of the market.

In the same way, I don't expect a poor province to introduce as high a minimum wage as a wealthy province.

Since I view myself as human first and Canadian second, I let let Mexicans earn what they can to allow them to catch up to us.

darkbeaver

Free trade is justified when both sides to the deal can agree on their humanitarian policies and how the market would naturally affect their respective societies.

For example, if the US and Canada are truly alright with Mexico underpaying their workers and taking away manufacturing jobs from the US and Canada because of that.

The West has no humanitarian policies this may be why all the crooked trade deals are floundering.

petros

And a major oil exporter. Gotta count the downstream there bumfluff.

BTW how much of their emissions are from heating?

mentalfloss
How much is from installing pools?

pgs
+1

Good move to Mexico City and get back to me later . I look forward to your report .

DaSleeper

wwwyoutubecomwatchvSoclrye-woE

petros

How much is from installing pools?

Are you high?

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

wwwyoutubecomwatchvSoclrye-woE

A beautiful city which will be gone when Popocatepetl blows a gasket.

10larry
+1

Per capita is a crock, huge populations like china and india enjoy pristine air according to this chart, I'd suggest the atmosphere gasps more over beijing than niagara falls, hafta wonder why germany gets red washed on this chart even after merkel outlawed anything not green. Appears to me like DaSeepers' video paints an more accurate picture of mexico than the chart suggests, per capita is handy for punitive measures like marketing carbon but as a gauge of atmospheric health it is useless.