Endless oil

Walter
Judging by the fluctuating price and the continual improvement in technology to get the oil to market I declare that the World will never run out of the black gold.

taxslave
+2
You going to make flossy's head explode.

captain morgan
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

You going to make flossy's head explode.

I surely hope not.... Flossy's head exploding would release lots of CO2 and ghgs.... Super bad for the environment

EagleSmack
+3
Oil and gas in abundance and SO INEXPENSIVE these days!

captain morgan
+2
You remember when Jimmy carter announced that the world was running out oil?

Must be 40+ years ago now

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Oil and gas in abundance and SO INEXPENSIVE these days!

Yep... No real reason to waste money on a hybrid.... An old school classic with a monster V-8 that leaves miles of smokin rubber all along the street, that's what cheap gas is all about

lone wolf
+2 / -1
Endless oil? Maybe. Maybe not. Endless gouging at the pumps? That's just business....

Dexter Sinister
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

...I declare that the World will never run out of the black gold.

Depends what's meant by "run out," but in a strict sense you're quite correct. Any economist would agree, there will always be some available at some price. It may get to a price nobody's willing to pay, but it'll be there.

petros
+4
#8  Top Rated Post
The environment never stopped making oil, gas and coal.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The environment never stopped making oil, gas and coal.

Abiotic oil.

Dexter Sinister
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Depends what's meant by "run out," but in a strict sense you're quite correct. Any economist would agree, there will always be some available at some price. It may get to a price nobody's willing to pay, but it'll be there.

Really Walter, a red one for THAT? For saying you're RIGHT and just adding a somewhat different perspective? WTF is wrong with you?

Dexter Sinister
+2 / -1
And a red one for that too? Can't say I didn't expect it, it's completely consistent with the general a$$holerey you display here. I'll probably get a red one for this too, except that now that I've predicted your behaviour you'll choose to do something different just to prove me wrong. Saying something is bad without attempting to argue for your position just makes you look like an ignorant contrarian who can't really justify his opinions.

Which I'm pretty sure you are.

spaminator
visiontv.zoomer.hc1.ca/Docume...w_1-4_2000.mp4 (external - login to view)

Cliffy
+1 / -1

captain morgan
+3
Progressive taxation ensures that the entitlement crowd always gets their free slice of the pie from those that actually produce

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Where are they keeping the money?

Curious Cdn
+1

Abiotic oil.

A.k.a. "Snake Oil"...

Cliffy
+1

Where are they keeping the money?

In off shore accounts. I know, I know, you cannot fathom the stench of these rich arseholes because you worship the ground they walk on.

Walter
+1

In off shore accounts. I know, I know, you cannot fathom the stench of these rich arseholes because you worship the ground they walk on.

And the money just sits in those offshore banks and does nothing.

Angstrom
+3

You'd be singing a diffrent toon if you had any

You're hatred is very relative to you not having any money

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

You'd be singing a diffrent toon if you had any

You're hatred is very relative to you not having any money

No. I chose poverty because I did not want to contribute to the destruction of the Earth. You, on the other hand, are just a wannabe capitalist who thinks money can buy happiness. Your brainwashing is complete. You are still a slave to the ruling elite. Go play in the mud little boy.

Angstrom
+1

No. I chose poverty because I did not want to contribute to the destruction of the Earth. You, on the other hand, are just a wannabe capitalist who thinks money can buy happiness. Your brainwashing is complete. You are still a slave to the ruling elite. Go play in the mud little boy.

You didn't choose anything. Your just so useless and stupid you have absolutely no chance at ever being valuable enough that someone would be willing to pay you good money to do anything.

So you have given up and chose not to play a game you can't win

If you actually had a chance you'ed be singing a diffrent toon.

Your what I call, a sour loser who doesn't want to play a game he can never win, because you can't compete.

So to save yourself from that embarrassing reality you pretend to not want to play the game for 100 million moral reasons.

To justify your own self. And to stop the depressing reality of how much of a loser you are. It would be hard on your ego to admit reality.

captain morgan

hilarious.... Somehow, as if by magic, you have no impact on your surroundings or the earth.

btw - how's that car of yours running?

Cliffy
Oil company records from 1960s reveal patents to reduce CO2 emissions in cars

ExxonMobil and others pursued research into technologies, yet blocked government efforts to fight climate change for more than 50 years, findings show

The forerunners of ExxonMobil patented technologies for electric cars and low emissions vehicles as early as 1963 – even as the oil industry lobby tried to squash government funding for such research, according to a trove of newly discovered records.
Patent records reveal oil companies actively pursued research into technologies to cut carbon dioxide emissions that cause climate change from the 1960s – including early versions of the batteries now deployed to power electric cars such as the Tesla.
Scientists for the companies patented technologies to strip carbon dioxide out of exhaust pipes, and improve engine efficiency, as well as fuel cells. They also conducted research into countering the rise in carbon dioxide emissions – including manipulating the weather.

www.theguardian.com/business/...P=share_btn_fb (external - login to view)

taxslave
+1
Just because they got a patent does not mean it is a viable product. Or even something anyone wants. I know a guy has a patent on a two piece hockey stick. Apparently you can just change the handle or the head at will. DOes it work? DOn't know. Never played hockey and never seen one advertised.

Angstrom
+1

ExxonMobil and others pursued research into technologies, yet blocked government efforts to fight climate change for more than 50 years, findings show

The forerunners of ExxonMobil patented technologies for electric cars and low emissions vehicles as early as 1963 – even as the oil industry lobby tried to squash government funding for such research, according to a trove of newly discovered records.
Patent records reveal oil companies actively pursued research into technologies to cut carbon dioxide emissions that cause climate change from the 1960s – including early versions of the batteries now deployed to power electric cars such as the Tesla.
Scientists for the companies patented technologies to strip carbon dioxide out of exhaust pipes, and improve engine efficiency, as well as fuel cells. They also conducted research into countering the rise in carbon dioxide emissions – including manipulating the weather.

Electrical cars that cost 5 times the cost of making a oil engine car.
And the battery tek didn't exist like we have today, back in 1960. Even with today's batteries they are finding it hard to produce this car at a reflectively affordable price.

If you can't understand what I just said means your as stupid as you sound. Or your trying very hard to justify yourself and your loser attitude to not play a game you can't win cause your to stupid.

Just because you can make something, like a electrical car. Doesn't mean you can make it for the same relative price then a oil engine car. .

I know I know.

This relativity thing is hard to understand for your small brain.

Walter
+1

How could you be on-line if you chose poverty?

Angstrom
+1

Because he's trying to be a burden by taking as many hand outs and paying the least tax.

Nick Danger
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Really Walter....WTF is wrong with you?

Don't sweat it, he hands them out like Hallowe'en candy, which makes them pretty much meaningless.

I think you are bang on with your prediction. As alternative fuels become more readily available and the burning of fossil fuels continues to fall out of favour the taxes will rise with the intent to make them even less appealing. What's a pack of smokes go for these days?
Last edited by Nick Danger; May 21st, 2016 at 06:02 PM..

Ludlow
+1 / -1
and then one day he was shootin at some foooood, and up through the ground come a bubblin crude. Oil that is. Black gold. Texas teeeeeea.

Judging by the fluctuating price and the continual improvement in technology to get the oil to market I declare that the World will never run out of the black gold.

Ye bullshyt yeself

petros
L

Who do you think created the CO2 boogieman and is getting suckers like you to support them in funding the application of alleged patents?

Less than half of oil consumed is burned. Using less and less for combustion tremendously increases profit earned per bbl.

They even have a plan for ensuring the planet will see an increase in temperatures.

SO2 emissions do the opposite of CO2 emissions. SO2 cools the planet.

Rapidly cutting coal and oil emissions also drastically reduces SO2 and the global temps will rise. There is no denying this.

After consumers have paid for the conversion of coal and oil to nearly SO2 free, dirt cheap, infinite supply natural gas, the temporary warming will level off and oil companies will made out to be heroes that saved us all from certain death and destruction.

Your reclusive, dope growing and nonproductive consumer lifestyle empowers them to pull off the greatest fraud in human history.

The Internet consumes 10% of the world's energy.

no new posts