Company sat on 2004 study indicating Cold-FX does nothing

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The makers of Cold-FX have sat for years on a study that suggested Canada’s most popular cold and flu remedy was no more effective than a placebo in treating symptoms of the viruses.

The study has just surfaced in a class-action lawsuit against Valeant Pharmaceuticals, the Quebec drug giant that now owns the product after buying Edmonton’s Afexa Life Sciences in 2011.

“If true, this kind of information should have been disclosed,” argues John Green, the Vancouver lawyer spearheading the class action. “If it had been disclosed, it would probably have been the end of Afexa Life Sciences.”

Companies like Afexa and Valeant are not legally obliged in this country to release any trial results. The Cold-FX report was filed with Health Canada, according to the court document, but the government is barred from making such proprietary information public.

But the lawsuit Green is handling alleges the company misled consumers until the last few years by suggesting Cold-FX could treat colds and flu after they start.

Packaging and other marketing, for instance, used to say the supplement could “stop cold and flu in their tracks,” “help provide effective relief” or bring “immediate relief” of symptoms.

more

Class-action lawsuit reveals company sat on 2004 study indicating Cold-FX does nothing to fight colds | National Post

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The thing about 'cold' remedies is they are all the same, as far as their usage goes.

Take for 7-10 days.

And that brings me to a Beverly Hillbillies show.........

Fast forward to the last minute.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rXhaZE9LUQ

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Nice to know your money is well spent. You can always trust free enterprize

What I have learned is Health Canada doesn't require proof something works or not, just if it's safe or not and since Cold FX is natural ingredients, it is safe to take.

I have never taken it or vitamins or anything else extra.

Eat your fruits and vegetables and dress appropriately and you will be okay.....