Canadian marijuana stocks jump as Liberal win

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Legal weed, profit and tax from the sale, increased tourism from other countries, additional jobs and profit surrounding that, less people in jail and wasting tax payers money and additional legal costs.... What deficit?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Legal weed, profit and tax from the sale, increased tourism from other countries, additional jobs and profit surrounding that, less people in jail and wasting tax payers money and additional legal costs.... What deficit?

You forgot: Less court time wasted for pot possession. Less police officers wasting time with arresting those in possession of pot. Decrease in pot use by those who are trying to "buck the system", "stick it to the man" "rebel" etc why bother with pot if it's legal? Help for those who need it, but were self medicating with pot and were afraid to let their doctor know. so many plus'.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Of course.... this is all predicated on not offending new immigrants.

What about health costs?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
?..........maybe the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet, Eagle but I don't see your point.

Smoking, using, selling weed (doing drugs) in front of new immigrants where weed is against their religion or values. You have to respect them and their space.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Smoking, using, selling weed (doing drugs) in front of new immigrants where weed is against their religion or values. You have to respect them and their space.

Won't be a problem in my little corner of the country..............there is definitely something to be said for country life. :smile:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

It's going to take a number of years for them to have any pull on our gov't. or our policing.

I feel no need to respect anyone who has not proven that they deserve it. Of those who are respectful and respectable, I'll not smoke it in front of them.

This might be the one time where I am very very happy to live in Surrey. People here, for the most part, do care what goes on and are involved.

Actually yesterday I saw man and woman having a discussion. She turned to leave and was talking loudly that she was done, she couldn't make him understand. She was speaking english and he was speaking hindi back to her. At one point he grabbed her arm while she was walking away. She threw it off and he then proceeded to put his arm on her shoulder in a way that made me uncomfortable. He was yelling at her angrily and she was attempting to leave the situation.

I stayed and observed, along with a group of dog walkers who were in the park and watched to make sure she was ok. The people I talk to in the park are avidly involved in the goings on. Making sure people are safe. We have a volunteer patrol in the neighbourhood also. I think we, the public need to get involved in the goings on in our neighbourhoods more and help where we can so the police can do their job. If criminal activities are left to vester in the dark, we can't blame the cops for not being every where all the time. The neighbourhood and community needs to be aware, look, watch, and let the undesirables know they're being seen so the light shines on the activities.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Of course.... this is all predicated on not offending new immigrants.

What about health costs?

WHat health costs?

Should be more concerned about alcohol. That is against their religion. Pubs will have to close. Hash they invented.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They will wonder why they waited so long to move. (and that is just the American immigrants)

We are already ahead of you conbot.

WHat health costs?

Any sort of pollution in your lungs is going to have an effect. Any sort of mind altering substance is going to have an effect when abused.

Weed is fun (so I hear) and we all want it legal but there certainly be a health cost.

Should be more concerned about alcohol. That is against their religion. Pubs will have to close. Hash they invented.

Yes that too.... booze. England is finding that out.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In this I think you are wrong, petros..........I see it happening sooner rather than later.

There isn't enough supply to meet the needs of the 20,000 odd legitimate medical users. The so called dispensaries are selling shwag at street prices and anything of quality that compare to licensed operation like mettrum or prairie plant etc is far above street prices.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Oh Canada!!!!

Welcome to Stoner Nation

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Health costs huh?
The only ones in health it will cost is the big pharma corps.

Marijuana Research Supports Its Safety and Benefits
21 health benefits of marijuana
The Benefits Of Marijuana - AskMen
Ten Health Benefits of Marijuana

I won't bore you with the other few hundred pages on google showing the benefits to ones health.

Yes Health costs.

Oh please don't bore me with all the cures.... one tard in here said cannabis oil should be rubbed on kids with leukemia instead of seeing a cancer team at a hospital.

So please... smoke up... but don't post that foolishness here. All that nonsense is just so stoners can get high because they are addicted to it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit