Russia Cuts Off Ukraine Gas Supply

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-14/russia-cuts-ukraine-gas-supply-6-european-countries
Russia Cuts Off Ukraine Gas Supply To 6 European Countries

Vladimir Putin ordered the Russian state energy giant Gazprom to cut supplies to and through Ukraine amid accusations, according to The Daily Mail, that its neighbor has been siphoning off and stealing Russian gas. Due to these "transit risks for European consumers in the territory of Ukraine," Gazprom cut gas exports to Europe by 60%, plunging the continent into an energy crisis "within hours." Perhaps explaining the explosion higher in NatGas prices (and oil) today, gas companies in Ukraine confirmed that Russia had cut off supply; and six countries reported a complete shut-off of Russian gas. The EU raged that the sudden cut-off to some of its member countries was "completely unacceptable," but Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller later added that Russia plans to shift all its natural gas flows crossing Ukraine to a route via Turkey; and Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak stated unequivocally, "the decision has been made."
As Bloomberg reports,

to 92million cubic metres per 24 hours compared to the promised 221million cubic metres without explanation," said Valentin Zemlyansky of the Ukrainian gas company Naftogaz.
"We do not understand how we will deliver gas to Europe. This means that in a few hours problems with supplies to Europe will begin."

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I wonder what lie will be used to cover another few billion going to Russia while she is under full sanctions by those very same nations.
Makes the Keystone Cops look kike poetry in motion.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sent all that money over and retrieve it once you win the war. Yeah, I can see Russia falling for that. It is okay to picket banks, just not the one that holds your mortgage.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I wonder what lie will be used to cover another few billion going to Russia while she is under full sanctions by those very same nations.
Makes the Keystone Cops look kike poetry in motion.

Putin will break Europes will with winter. Sounds familiar. I read there's a cold snap coming. Germany in particular wants out of the sanction crap.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Winter will break Europe.
Russian news: HUGE: Russia Plans to Shift ALL Gas Flows Crossing Ukraine to Turkey - Russia Insider

This would be enough to make a lot clinch their asscheeks tight.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller said on Wednesday. The Gazprom head made this statement in response to a question about the fate of Russia’s South Stream gas pipeline project.
“The project is closed. The Turkish Stream is the sole route, which can deliver 63 billion cubic meters of Russian natural gas transited across Ukraine so far. There are no other options,” Miller said.
Gazprom has notified its European partners about its Turkish Stream gas pipe plans and now their task is to create the necessary gas transport infrastructure from the border of Turkey and Greece, the Gazprom head said.
“They have a maximum of several years for this. This is a very tight schedule. To comply with it, work for the construction of new trunk gas pipelines should be started in EU countries right now. Otherwise, these gas volumes may be redirected to other markets,” the Gazprom head said.Gazprom to Use Turkish Pipeline Route to EU, to Substitute Europe-bound Gas Pipeline through Ukraine | Global Research

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Once Iran is connected wouldn't Russian NG then go almost exclusively to the East meaning Europe would be under Iran's energy policy so sanctions against them would yield negative results, just like it has with Russia. The way to win is sit back and do nothing but send out the overdue notices.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The smart ones will have the horse walk behind the car shell. Run an alternator off the tire and you become the envy of the neighborhood. I'm sure you know the main advantage.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I should have titled this thread Russian Terrorists Launch Gas Attack on Europe. Bunnies and Kittens taken hostage at gunpoint. Transgender and homosexual puppies discriminated against by RussiaN SPCA.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I should have titled this thread Russian Terrorists Launch Gas Attack on Europe. Bunnies and Kittens taken hostage at gunpoint. Transgender and homosexual puppies discriminated against by RussiaN SPCA.
I told them puppies they should forgo the frilly panties. Would they listen? Noooooooo!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Canada has lots of NG. Too bad the greenies don't want us to sell it. At any price.
And the leftards think that Christie Clark is nuts to promote NG in BC. The rest of us would be quite happy to trade dinosaur f arts for euros.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I told them puppies they should forgo the frilly panties. Would they listen? Noooooooo!
Those used to be kevlar combat pants, then he ran into the wolverine guarding the place, his voice used to be deeper also.

Canada has lots of NG. Too bad the greenies don't want us to sell it. At any price.
And the leftards think that Christie Clark is nuts to promote NG in BC. The rest of us would be quite happy to trade dinosaur f arts for euros.
The US imports coal from Argentina just so it can appear that the coal industry in that country justifies the cost to the taxpayers to build and maintain such plants. That is money out of the pockets of the coal-mines who draw wages in the US coal industry. Check out the lame excuse, it burns cleaner. Cleaner is changed by changing the damper or the bellows flow-rate.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Umm not really. Different coals burn cleaner than others. Germany is now burning brown coal, which is about the dirtyist there is but they have lots of it. Course European greens understand economics a whole lot better than NA ones.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Umm not really. Different coals burn cleaner than others. Germany is now burning brown coal, which is about the dirtyist there is but they have lots of it. Course European greens understand economics a whole lot better than NA ones.
Germany would burn old diapers rather than turning the N-Power back on, that tell you anything about Japan?