Medical E.I. Claim

TreeGirl

May 29, 2009
Canada
Medical E.I. has ended a Claim 7 weeks into a Claim with the medical forms as requested and follow up info from doctor. Undetermined recovery date due to injuries sustained 2 mos ago motor vehicle accident. Neck, back, ribs, hip out of alignment.
Doctor every 14 days....Physio every week. They need more info. The Claim was approved May 5th last payment on this claim May 15th. On nerve pain medication.
Wearing a soft collar to help sleep. They said last week to wait another week. They need more info. Photos of Accident, Ambulance report,Photos of Injury,Doctors Involved.
Went to see the E.I. people again today. Went a week ago to see if any changes happen. Waited....made the appropriate calls as was instructed to do so. No change in status of claim. The agent at the E.I. office ....sorry long winded...Agent said
there is an approved 15 weeks and yes entitlement to this. The agent said I can not see why they did this. You can not go to welfare because you have not used up your weeks on Medical first. But they have stopped the med claim and you can not re apply because the system says you have 8 more weeks of medical here. A phone call was made. A system has you trapped in Medical E.I. / E.I. is not releasing any info or funds.... It is a ligitimate Claim. Can not go to welfare because you have to exhaust claim here first. The Agent said go see your Local MLA office and make a complaint. This is the second Time to the MLA office to get help with Medical. It took 47 days to originally get it started . NSF charges no
help drained. You are only as good as your last three years you worked that you pay into the system. If you have a job right now does not matter what it is appreciate it...beats the heck outta the alternative. I want to work and can not.
I can sit on my ass and type, that means I qualify for a job at the E.I. office ???they can not process anything there anyway. Cant keep what you cant afford. Well there is the beef without the bouquet. I await word from the MLA. Computer is next on the chopping block.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I think I am Bitchy
I think I am too. I also put in a med. claim. I didn't even get to talk to a single person. They told me to come home or to use their computers and fill out my information. I came home and filled in all the blanks. Then I received mail stating that I had to do my report on line. I did. I had to do two reports so - a month's worth. Still no pay and no word from them. On Saturday I am supposed to put in my next two week report. I was off work and turned down by WCB. Went back to work but the store I work at only allows 20 hours per week on light duties. Then I had surgery on my wrist, still cannot go back to work after 6 weeks and don't have a clue when I'll receive a dime. Have to get my appeal to WCB made out tonight. They write tricky things in their reports so you have to read them well. The report said I had 3 months to appeal. In reading the letter carefully, in it they advise me that I have 90 days from the date of notification and then it goes on to say that they notified me via telephone on such and such a date. If I went by the date on the letter and by the date I received it, I'm sure they'll say I'm too late. I'm using the phone date just to be sure.
You are not alone.:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I think you have every right to be bitchy. The bitchier the better when it comes to butting heads with bureaucratic buttheads. The idea is to wear you down so you give up. Fight 'em ... with a community legal clinic lawyer if you have to. Mine is a very long story but much the same....

TreeGirl

May 29, 2009
Canada
I feel for you and your wrist Van Isle Good Luck. Keep your local MLA in mind. They are helping me. They need to hear this. You can Be Bitchy with me.

TreeGirl

May 29, 2009
Canada
So, who is the person that actually says yes push the button this one is good to go. They do not have a processing center in our electoral area, or the one next to me. It all gets sent to another town on the island. What is the problem here with this system? They keep passing the paperwork to someone......

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The agent said I can not see why they did this.

They do this because a certain percentage of people denied will not return and this saves them money. The government is starting to treat EI like some kind of welfare. It's quite disgusting IMO.

Anyway, EI is federal not provincial so you should go to your MP not your MLA.

Fight them. By denying you they are stealing from all of us.

Best of luck.

BTW, I have fought them before and won but again, go see the MP not the MLA. The MLA will pretend they can do something but really it is the MP you want.

TreeGirl

May 29, 2009
Canada
Ok ...Thank You Scott Free this is where I was told to go get help. Jean Crowder is our MP.
I feel like that song I am stuck on band aid.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Lol Lone Wolf I need to slow down on the keyboard.

Why? I knew what you meant :lol: Put a 'D' so close to an 'F' and not in the way the lyrics in that kidsong go - you know, the one with the Twinkle arrangement - and someone's bound to strike the wrong key. My story is Provincial, but live-or-die tenacity and bureaucratic shuffles are all the same....

Ontario eh « Ontario eh

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Medical E.I. has ended a Claim 7 weeks into a Claim with the medical forms as requested and follow up info from doctor. Undetermined recovery date due to injuries sustained 2 mos ago motor vehicle accident. Neck, back, ribs, hip out of alignment.
Doctor every 14 days....Physio every week. They need more info. The Claim was approved May 5th last payment on this claim May 15th. On nerve pain medication.
Wearing a soft collar to help sleep. They said last week to wait another week. They need more info. Photos of Accident, Ambulance report,Photos of Injury,Doctors Involved.
Went to see the E.I. people again today. Went a week ago to see if any changes happen. Waited....made the appropriate calls as was instructed to do so. No change in status of claim. The agent at the E.I. office ....sorry long winded...Agent said
there is an approved 15 weeks and yes entitlement to this. The agent said I can not see why they did this. You can not go to welfare because you have not used up your weeks on Medical first. But they have stopped the med claim and you can not re apply because the system says you have 8 more weeks of medical here. A phone call was made. A system has you trapped in Medical E.I. / E.I. is not releasing any info or funds.... It is a ligitimate Claim. Can not go to welfare because you have to exhaust claim here first. The Agent said go see your Local MLA office and make a complaint. This is the second Time to the MLA office to get help with Medical. It took 47 days to originally get it started . NSF charges no
help drained. You are only as good as your last three years you worked that you pay into the system. If you have a job right now does not matter what it is appreciate it...beats the heck outta the alternative. I want to work and can not.
I can sit on my ass and type, that means I qualify for a job at the E.I. office ???they can not process anything there anyway. Cant keep what you cant afford. Well there is the beef without the bouquet. I await word from the MLA. Computer is next on the chopping block.
I have a word for you, TG. "Ombudsman". There's one in BC and one in ON. Not sure about the other provinces. Might be one for labour relations federally, I'm not sure. But it's the first place I would head for when dealing with government bureaucratic insanity. The next places I'd be notifying are the ministers responsible for the gov't bureaucratic insanity. Then it'd be Taxpayer's Associations, letters to editors, etc.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Yep, you could expand that to Gov't bureaucracy in general.

I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think of all the money the government has stolen from me over the years and how I haven't ever received a damn thing in return for it. It gets even better when it's claimed I'm an @$$hole for noticing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think of all the money the government has stolen from me over the years and how I haven't ever received a damn thing in return for it. It gets even better when it's claimed I'm an @$$hole for noticing.

Yep and there's a good (bad) reason for it. Gov't bureaucracy has NOTHING to do with politics- what it has to do with is the people hired for who they know not what they know and some (not all) of the dumbest people are sitting behind desks in gov't offices. They are not able to do f*** all on their own, just refer you to some other bureaucrat who's as dumb as they are.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
EI certainly seems like a lot of hassle. We are both self employed and so don’t pay into EI (we do have to contribute to CPP). We do send away EI contribution for the employees to the government. But we will never be eligible to get money from EI, and from the horror stories I read here, good riddance.