Gang Wars Heat Up In Vancouver

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Three killed in separate Vancouver-area shootings

Maybe we could just put them all in a room together, remove the kevlar and let 'em have at it.

On the 6:eek:o news last night they reported that the police have now taken the highly unusual step of placing camera's to watch a particular house in Abbotsford, while recommending to the business there to NOT do business with the Bacon brothers. If the business is uncomfortable denying them business to their faces, it's recommended to call the police in.
Gangster brothers 'not welcome' in Abbotsford: police chief

In today's paper: Port Moody is in on it now too.
Port Moody police issue warning about Bacon brother

METRO VANCOUVER — Port Moody police have issued an extraordinary public warning about the risk of associating with new city resident Jonathan Bacon.

The eldest of a trio of gangster brothers targeted for death by other gangsters has been living in Port Moody for about two months, Insp. Andy Richards said Tuesday.

I wonder how long before they turn up dead?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
These guys remind me of the gangs and thugs Charlestown, Mass... a Boston neighborhood. Bad a** white boys and low level hoods. Small groups vying for the drug trade, knocking off armored cars and such. Whenever an armored car got knocked off the State Police went to Charlestown. Those boys had it down to a science and the techniques were past down from generation to generation.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think a better remedy would be to attack the reasons why young people feel the need to belong to gangs.

Ross Kemp has been working on that for a number of years. Seems the reason are as varied as the gangs themselves.

Remedy would be good, but so would stopping whats going on now and protecting the public who've opted to NOT join a gang.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Read a study recently (the author I can't remember) that suggested the main reason behind young people joining gangs was for a sense of belonging. At least, the gang members in Vancouver's main reason was that. Elsewhere, you are probably right; a variety of reasons.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I used to love reading about this guy. I didn't admire him but he was interesting when he was on the streets.

Boston's Most-Targeted Hoodlum Gets More Bullet Holes

AP

BOSTON - A couple of the boys took a sawed-off shotgun and tried to whack Butchy Doe again. As usual, the city's most famous hoodlum got a couple of holes put in him. As usual, he survived.

Butchy - also known as Arthur L. Doe Jr., age 30 - is a convicted bank robber. Police say he's a suspect in three murders. Apparently somebody is very upset with him, too, because they've tried three times to kill him in the past year.

In May, he stopped three bullets when gunmen stormed his girlfriend's apartment in Charlestown, a tough, mostly Irish, mostly working-class district surrounding Bunker Hill. His girlfriend was killed.

In August, he was shot once in the chest outside a neighborhood deli. At least three shots were fired. But the people working in the store say they've never heard of Butchy Doe.

Just after midnight Thursday, Butchy Doe was leaving a tavern, getting into a cab with a girlfriend when two men came at him with the sawed-off shotgun.
The woman was slightly wounded by the pellets and the taxi's rear window was shattered. Butchy Doe was hit in his left arm and chest.

At Massachusetts General Hospital, they'll tell you Doe is alive. But they won't say anything else and most definitely won't put your call through.

Doe was allowed to receive calls while in the hospital last August, and no one was the better for it. An unidentified man called to say, ``Don't bother stitching him up because when he gets out we're gonna shoot him again.''

Police say they've got plenty on Doe's would-be assassins, but no one to testify. The whole town knows who's shooting at whom, but no one wants to say.

``This is a new generation of drugs and I resent it in a way, but if you talk, you could get killed,'' said a woman who lives in one of the lopsided houses along Bunker Hill Street. ``They go knocking door to door.''

``Store owners don't want him in their stores,'' said a lifelong ``townie'' who, like just about everyone, wants to remain anonymous. ``But people are quiet about it. They have to be because guys like this one are animals and they'll come looking for you.''

There's a great deal of speculation on just why Butchy Doe is so unpopular.

``There are different people trying to shoot him - a whole group,'' said Boston police Sgt. Robert Thompson. ``He's made a lot of enemies.''

One theory is that Butchy Doe was involved in the unsolved May 1989 armed robbery of $254,000 from a bank - that he drove away in the getaway car and wouldn't share the loot.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
OMG! that's amazing.

Oh this guy was quite a character. The whole lot of them were. When I was in the Trade Union in Boston you brushed shoulders with "brother of" or "friends of" these guys. A guy I worked with said he gave his older brother's friend a ride once and the guy showed him a gun.

"What's that for?"

"I'm going to get Butchy Doe tonight."

They were nuts. They not only ran afoul with the law they ran afoul with the Italian Mob at times. The Italians did their best to stay away unless they tried to spread out of Charlestown.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This happened when a young Charlestown Tough ran afoul with a few Italian Mobsters from the North End (Italian Section). He had a disagreement and called his dad... His FATHER came in with guns blazing and killed four Made men!

Gunmen kill 4 in Massachusetts restaurant shooting

CHARLESTOWN, Mass. - A restaurant here became the setting for tragedy when an argument between acquaintances escalated into a shooting in which four lunchtime diners were killed.

The incident - the details of which still are unfolding, and some participants of which are alleged to have organized-crime connections - thrust the 99 Restaurant & Pubs into the unfortunate ranks of other restaurants that have become the unsuspecting locales of murder.

"The 99 Restaurants are very saddened by todays incident at our Charlestown restaurant," Chad Doe, president of the 37-unit Woburn, Mass.-based company, said in a statement.

"Our main concern at this time is the welfare of our employees, patrons and their families who were present in the restaurant during this unfortunate incident."

Company officials declined to make further comment.

The midday shooting occurred after two young men approached a tableful of diners, and their discussion became heated.

Witnesses said that suddenly 13 shots were fired, killing four and injuring one, and then the restaurant became eerily quiet.

No other diners or employees present were harmed.

Two off-duty policemen eating in a booth adjacent to the slaughtered group apprehended the two men outside in the restaurant's parking lot.

Arrested at the scene were Damian Clemente, 20, and Vincent J. Perez, 27. The following day Damian's father, Anthony "Cleo" Clemente, 46, was arrested at his son's arraignment.

The older Clemente claims that he was called to the restaurant by his son, who had been threatened by the group, and opened fire in self-defense when he thought someone else was reaching for a gun. Police said none of the diners was armed.

Killed were Bobby Luisi, 56; his son, Roman, 26; his nephew, Anthony Sarro, 32; and his friend, Anthony "Sonny" Pelosi, 53. Sarro's brother, Richard Jr., 27, was injured and implicated the older Clemente in the shootings. Bobby Luisi was reportedly a longtime mob associate.

Although the motive for the shooting is not yet clear, media reports say Damian Clemente and Roman Luisi had fought two days earlier at a cafe in the North End, Boston's Italian neighborhood.

This was the fourth multiple slaying in a Boston restaurant, pub or social club since 1968, according to the Boston Globe.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Three killed in separate Vancouver-area shootings

Maybe we could just put them all in a room together, remove the kevlar and let 'em have at it.

On the 6:eek:o news last night they reported that the police have now taken the highly unusual step of placing camera's to watch a particular house in Abbotsford, while recommending to the business there to NOT do business with the Bacon brothers. If the business is uncomfortable denying them business to their faces, it's recommended to call the police in.
Gangster brothers 'not welcome' in Abbotsford: police chief

In today's paper: Port Moody is in on it now too.
Port Moody police issue warning about Bacon brother

I wonder how long before they turn up dead?

The whole "bacon brothers" cesspool is an attempt by wannabe toughs eliminating themselves from the genepool. I think the police should just tie the three of them up and leave them in an abandoned field. The whole issue would resolve itself in a day

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The whole "bacon brothers" cesspool is an attempt by wannabe toughs eliminating themselves from the genepool. I think the police should just tie the three of them up and leave them in an abandoned field. The whole issue would resolve itself in a day

Sounds good, Tyr. If I second this motion, can we get it passed?

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Another couple of hits and close calls recently.

Woman dies, 4-year-old survives shooting in Surrey

Does anyone feel that the sudden increase may be due to the police letting it get out of hand. The rumors started back with the pipeline bombings in Northern BC that organizers were looking for an increased budget for olympic security. And, really if you are going to let anyone be killed it may as well be the drug dealers. Though they may feel differently about that.

I do know that the gang crimes have increased in the last while in the West. You can likely expect this to get worse as laid off parents could be making less then their teen aged children.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
the police are outside the one of the bacon brothers condos...watching...sounds like protecting to me.

It's getting out of hand.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
WE cold just legalize drugs, sell them from government agencies and then treat addictions properly as medical issues. There would be only two groups opposed to this idea: Gangs that make millions selling drugs and the legions of government employees who make their living off of maintaining the status quo. Taxpayers on the other hand would gain significantly.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The gangs would just continue with the other blackmarketable stuff...like guns..and other weapons, human trafficking.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
The gangs would just continue with the other blackmarketable stuff...like guns..and other weapons, human trafficking.

I think that is true. The crimal network, once set up, will fight to sustain itself. There would be a rash of violence at the start, but the activity would wane shortly after. New recuits would would drop after that as the competition got higher and the overall profits smaller.

Back when the Cigarette smuggling was coming under control in the Cornwall area, the smugglers actually did a float by at the City Hall. The shot the windows out from a boat on the river with a high power rifle. Then they dropped the price of cigarettes and they group was smuggling whatever they could to feed their lifestyle. There was talk at one point that some big money was being made bringing across Pampers Diapers, which were then sold on the blackmarket.

Here is a couple of newer stories related to the gang killings.

There have been 19 shootings this month in B.C.'s Lower Mainland -- eight of them fatal.

CTV British Columbia- CRA worker may have leaked info to gangs, police say - CTV News, Shows and Sports -- Canadian Television

CTV British Columbia- CRA keeps silent on leak: commissioner - CTV News, Shows and Sports -- Canadian Television

CTV British Columbia- RCMP probe two shootings in Surrey, B.C. - CTV News, Shows and Sports -- Canadian Television

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
When Hollywood started to glorify gangs things got worse.
I was watching The Wild One with Brando, which was about a motorcycle gang that depicted members having a party and rejecting society.

Gangs came about as a protection from society for a group of people that did not or would not conform to their rules.

In Toronto gangs have become a problem in recent years and I blame it on the rap or hip hop industry for that.

Rap and hip hop was started in America by the poor complaining about the conditions they have to live in and how black people are continuously being harassed by the police and this was put to music. The music has a good beat and is sometimes hypnotic.

If you look at the American poor and the Canadian poor you see the difference right away.

The American poor are treated worse than dogs the only place I’ve seen conditions like this was on Indian reservations in Canada.

If you compare skid row America to skid row Canada you see this country it is a step up.

The poor people in Canada started listening to American singers about their plight and transferred it to their own situation.

Even well to do kids started falling into this trap that they were the oppressed.

This whole movement reminds me of the hippie movement in the sixties to the early seventies where it was all about peace and love but now it’s all about sticking it to the man.

In Canada young kids started acting out like in America by the music they played, to the clothes they wore, to the negative attitudes that they believed in, which escalated the whole crises.

Canada’s cities tried to fix a problem that wasn’t broken and what did they all do this is the kicker they all looked to see what American cities were doing to fix their problems those same cities that had a more serious problem and they adopted they’re ideas which made problems a lot worse.

When this happened the American gangs started to move into Canada the Bloods and the Crips went into the housing projects, the Hells Angels took on Satan’s Choice and the Rock Machine in Quebec which I think they are still at war. I hear that the Bandidos biker gang is trying to establish a presence in Canada.

The only reason the American gangs are coming to this country is that Canadians love their illegal drugs and are willing to pay for it.

These gangs are the wholesalers to the people that are recruited to sell drugs and handguns to the traffickers.

The only way to fix this problem now is to either cut off the drug supply line or get people off of illegal drugs or make illegal drugs legal.

A good example of the latter is back in the 1990s the government was putting higher taxes on cigarettes to the point that the people started to look for cheap smokes so they headed to the Indian reservations because Indians do not pay taxes.
The demand was so great that the reservations that were on the Canada-US border bringing in truckloads of cigarettes from America and selling it on the Canadian side this was really escalating to the point that the government backed down and reduced the taxes, which killed the illegal industry.

If the government is serious about getting rid of gangs then all they have to do is legalize drugs and the gangs will go away and the government can sell it cheaper and get more taxes.

If the Conservatives can do this then they defiantly will get a majority in the next federal election.