Northboy's Running for Village Council

Northboy

Electoral Member
I'm running for village council:

A Vision for Vanderhoof

Hello,

My name is Graham Stanley and I'm running for councillor in Vanderhoof,BC in the upcoming village election Nov. 14. I'm running to give something back, and to voice an opinion that we should look to the future and provide a legacy for the children.

We all know that change is upon us.

I have been blessed with a job as an economic development practionner to be able to look above the issues of the day and see the opportunities that the current circumstances can bring.

Circumstance "1

Pine Beetle:
Our forests have been ravaged by this plague and have thrown our economy into uncertainty. Coupling this with the decrease in demand for our traditional products and we are faced with challenging times.

Circumstance "2

The Green Movement:
The Green Movement is upon us, through environmental regulation, the new Green Community initiatives and pending regulatory amendments.

From these two circumstances, we are provided with an opportunity, an opportunity to lead instead of follow. To become a model for economic self sufficiency and environmental stewardship.

The Green Movement provides the key.
What I am referring to is the movement to utilize biomass energy and bio based products for daily use, to be more environmentally responsible.

For Vanderhoof the two areas to concentrate on at this time are domestic biomass energy deployment through the utilization of wood pellets. As there is senior government support behind green energy initiatives, Vanderhoof can seize the opportunity and become the centre for production and design of biomass appliances in Western Canada, and beyond. I have had the good fortune of working with local stakeholders in the development of the Progress House Iniitative, to establish a materials testing lab and prototyping centre in Vanderhoof.This would provide us the opportunity to achieve this goal.

The second opportunity may seem far off, but it is the most urgent in my view.
Wood residue can be used to make activated charcoal, and activated charcoal is used in water filtration. Waste water management in my view is one of the emerging industries of the 21st Century.

If we are successful in establishing Progress House, we will have the capabilities to become industry leaders in water treatment through the utilization of some of our wood waste in this manner.

An Economic Brand for Vanderhoof- Green Power and Clean Water

As a councilmember,

I will pursue this economic platform.

In addition,

I will work to support initiatives that bring our seniors and youth together.

These may be in mentorship roles or in gathering our historic legacy.

We need to bring our generations together.

Vote Graham Stanley for Councilmember.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Just remember ... you're running at the level that most directly affects people so anything you promise has to a realistic offer. If you can't deliver, you'd better have very solid reasons if you want a second term.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Hey guys and gals, help me out, I've never run for anything before.

Good luck to you Northboy, on your quest to bring the youth into a harmonius theater please work in mentorship rather then JAIL FOR 14 YEAR OLDS......................Good luck on your political journey…. :cool:

Northboy

Electoral Member
Good luck to you Northboy, on your quest to bring the youth into a harmonius theater please work in mentorship rather then JAIL FOR 14 YEAR OLDS......................Good luck on your political journey…. :cool:

Thanks, Socrates.

There's a program developed by a prof. currently working at UNBC that is a great program to bring Seniors into a mentorship role for Youth. Its called the kids edu net. It works like the junior achievement programs in a way.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Thanks, Socrates.

There's a program developed by a prof. currently working at UNBC that is a great program to bring Seniors into a mentorship role for Youth. Its called the kids edu net. It works like the junior achievement programs in a way.

God bless you pal good work.......................:smile:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Hey Soc, give up on the 14 year olds. It they do the crime, they can do the time...

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Hey Soc, give up on the 14 year olds. It they do the crime, they can do the time...

I disagree my friend; if we can do a good job in mentorship they will not be interested in doing the crime…. But Humanity has at times a peculiar way in expressing care and compaction to its fellow humans. For many, as long as I have no problems I turn a blind eye to the wrong that is outside my home. That is called human apathy. ………which human apathy today is an insult to PROLIFE BELIEFS.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I disagree my friend; if we can do a good job in mentorship they will not be interested in doing the crime…. But Humanity has at times a peculiar way in expressing care and compaction to its fellow humans. For many, as long as I have no problems I turn a blind eye to the wrong that is outside my home. That is called human apathy. ………which human apathy today is an insult to PROLIFE BELIEFS.
Maybe you disagree. That puts you in the minority...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Good pal Risus good day to you, the force that guides us all, has many faces………God,..Gods, Goddesses, Buddhas or any other theological description it is = to the Invisible Force…
So you are one of those athiests who sit on a fence and can't really decide. I should have known....