Hello at all

patan

Jul 14, 2008
hello to all

I'm from Spain. In september I'll come to Victoira ,my company have a very important project in this city, and i'm being part of the team.
My english isn't very good. Now i'm doing an intensive course and my teacher says that will be more advisable to entry in one forum to practice english, and i'm here.
First, i'd like some recomendation about a neighborhood for to live, near Victoria center, also, i'd like to know the price by rental appartament with one or two rooms for a long time, aprox one year.

Second, i'd like to know some people by speak abaut Victoria Island, Vancouver and British Columbia.

Third, sorry by destroy the Shakespeare languaje

tomorrow more

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Welcome Patan - your English is pretty good actually.

You're lucky to have a project in Victoria - it's a beautiful city. I wish you luck and hope to see you practicing your English skills here often!

:canada:

patan

Jul 14, 2008
Hi Zan
I have read that in summer the temperature it's about 20 Cº . Is this affirmation true.
I love diving. What is the water temperature in summer

patan

Jul 14, 2008
I'll travling to Victoria at the end of september or first days in october
de donde eres tu jimmoyer?
podemos hacer una cosa. Tu me escribes en español, yo te lo corrijo, Yo te escribo en ingles y me lo corriges tu

are you OK?

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I just moved to Victoria last month. It's a beautiful city! I live very close the downtown core, in a neighbourhood called "fernwood." The average temperature the last few days has been about 24 degrees Celcius. We had a nice hot weekend a few weeks ago where it got up to 31. I haven't done much diving, but I hear that there are some really nice dive spots up island in a town called Nanaimo, which is where I grew up. There are some beautiful lakes in the area for swimming.

Apartments/suits range in price. The house I'm currently renting is a 4 bedroom duplex for about $1500, but that's on the low side of prices. The average 1 or 2 bedroom apartments usually goes for about $800 to $1200, depending on location and building. If you're looking for something closer to downtown you can probably expect the prices to get a bit higher.

I hope you like city life! I'm still trying to adjust myself to the constant sirens of the emergency vehicles flying past my windows...

patan

Jul 14, 2008
Thankyou AmberEyes
I think that Victoria Island will like me
A question: The rent price that you said is for one month???