Horse that threw groom likely stoned, owner says

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Horse that threw groom likely stoned, owner says
Postmedia Network
First posted: Friday, July 24, 2015 05:08 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, July 24, 2015 05:17 PM EDT
A horse that bucked a B.C. groom at his wedding in a viral video was likely stoned out of its mind.
According to a video obtained by CBC, someone is seen feeding the horse what appears to be marijuana just before the wedding.
The Snapchat clip is only nine seconds long.
In it, a man is seen approaching the horse in its trailer and turning to the camera to reveal a handful of something grassy. A video caption says: "feeding the horse weed #thebadguy."
CBC spoke to the horse's owner who believes it was probably marijuana.
"I thought he was feeding her grass or alfalfa," Zsa Zsa Stiasny told the broadcaster. "I think in fact he did feed it weed. It's possible it contributed to the horse getting all reactive."
She said the horse is usually very calm and the pot theory could explain why it was so spooked when the groom climbed on its back outside a Surrey temple last Saturday.
The SPCA is reportedly looking into it.
B.C. groom is pictured riding a horse at his wedding in this YouTube video screengrab. (YouTube screengrab)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlRYbWvPls
Horse that threw groom likely stoned, owner says | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Considering the idjit didn't even know what side to mount from I'm not surprised the horse got rid of him. Actually the horse never threw him . the clueless idjit wasn't even hanging on and just sort of fell off. Probably shear dumb luck he was even facing the right way.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Considering the idjit didn't even know what side to mount from I'm not surprised the horse got rid of him. Actually the horse never threw him . the clueless idjit wasn't even hanging on and just sort of fell off. Probably shear dumb luck he was even facing the right way.

Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe it wasn't the horse that was stoned?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I get the feeling the idjit was the one who was stoned and, yes, he mounted from the wrong side so the handler is partly to blame for allowing this to happen.

When a horse circles in that manner it is a sign he cannot support the weight that has been put on him. Obviously the groom was much too heavy. Further, the handler released the bridle when it was clear the poor horse was spooked so no one can blame him from trying to escape the weight of the moron on his back.