Man shot and killed by transit police in Surrey

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
"[The man] had no shirt on. He started stabbing himself and going up and down the aisles screaming and ranting," said Simning

Drennan said when the officers entered the Safeway, they saw a man with a knife who was repeatedly stabbing himself.

"They started talking to him, issuing commands, directions to drop the knife," she said. "He refused to so so. He advanced on the officers and shots were fired."

The man was rushed to hospital but later died of his injuries.

more

Man shot and killed by transit police in Surrey - British Columbia - CBC News

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I just read this on FB. It was just a sound bite and it read "A man has died after being shot by transit police at a Safeway near Surrey Central SkyTrain station.
A transit police spokesperson says officers found a man stabbing himself repeatedly.

My first thought was it's a good thing they prevented him from killing himself by shooting him. It seems pretty obsurd.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I just read this on FB. It was just a sound bite and it read "A man has died after being shot by transit police at a Safeway near Surrey Central SkyTrain station.
A transit police spokesperson says officers found a man stabbing himself repeatedly.

My first thought was it's a good thing they prevented him from killing himself by shooting him. It seems pretty obsurd.

Yeah... ;-) One way sure would have saved someone a lot of paperwork....

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
"A man has died after being shot by transit police..."

OMG, Transit Police wear guns in Canada.. :lol:

What's Canada coming too...

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I remember when the Smurfs only had violation books and wrote tickets I never gave my real name for.

Yeah, and now border guards have guns..

But the government still trying to legislate and strip guns from the public. You register the gun, a week later they make it an illegal firearm and the RCMP show up to steal it.

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
― Adolf Hitler

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I didn't know transit police had guns now. Be like giving mall cops real guns. Most of them are cop wannabes that couldn't make the grade. Then again the police shouldn't be the only unarmed people on skytrain.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well I am sure he had mental issues. Sad to say but care in this country for those with a mental illness sucks.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well I am sure he had mental issues. Sad to say but care in this country for those with a mental illness sucks.

This might duplicate someplace since I seem to have lost the first try..

The PC crowd decided to close the nuthouse and let the nutbars loose with no supervision because it is their right. No one is ensuring they take their meds or even making sure they have money enough to buy them. Leads to self medication with what ever whenever. This is the result.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually the beginning of that came from the words of Ronald Reagan he said
people had the right to sleep under bridges and it was deemed unconstitutional
to confine them when they were not a threat or having committed a specific crime.
they shot him likely because although a threat to himself he could be a threat
to others if cornered and had they just let it go and someone else got killed or
injured there would be howling over that too

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well it doesn't say he died from his own wounds or from the shots from the officers, but either way, he went at them with the knife and was shot. Case closed.

He clearly wasn't meaning to leave alive.

Death by cop means it's not a suicide...right?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
He clearly wasn't meaning to leave alive.

Death by cop means it's not a suicide...right?

Nah, it's called suicide by cop............cuz the cops don't wanna take the blame.................an.........why shudd them.?
Affer all its just over ****ing christmas an all.

An...............BTW, Twila, that's one cool avatar:shaking2:........coool.