Aboriginal issues in BC

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
I've spent some time looking into the above. The problem is I can't make head nor tails of it re the competing land claims, fed & prov responsibility and who in fact speaks for the First Nation Bands. Would someone be so kind as to give me a primer or at least a place to start. Thanks

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The Indian Act divides Canada by race, yet racial discrimination is against the law. But govt approved racism is okay due to old treaties by people from the 19th century and earlier who had no problem with race. People who are now fervently against all other kinds of racism in regards to non-Indians, believe dividing people by race is okay because they are following the law.

Plus, did I mention the bug bucks involved? Govts spend billions of dollars for the Dept of Indian Affairs and the endless treaty process and enriches lawyers to no end. Some abo chiefs make more than the PM. Good deal eh!!! Keep talking about that "stolen land" till your broke at Las Vegas.

All aboriginal land should be privatized so all the FAS children, violence, and sad stories can be reduced. What is it? Abos make up 5% of the BC population, but abo children make up 50% of the kids in custody in the Ministry of Children? Very very bad.

Abo reserves are run like third world countries, certain connected families use the system to ge ahead while the rest live in squalor. Just like in Afirca where they don't care about equality, democracy and freedom.

If they got the money individually, each abo in Canada would get about $10,000 per year from the Dept of Indian Affairs. But the bureacracy gobbles most of it up.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
LMAO...we ALL have the same rights. Just get of your ass and claim yours for the taking. It's pretty damn simple.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
LMAO...we ALL have the same rights. Just get of your ass and claim yours for the taking. It's pretty damn simple.

Not a funny topic, unless you consider wasting billions of dollars with no end in sight, a joke.

Carol James, the former BC NDP leader, called Canada, "stolen land." It just causes so much legal confusion and wastes taxpayer dollars. Cdn style corruption.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not a funny topic, unless you consider wasting billions of dollars with no end in sight, a joke.

Carol James, the former BC NDP leader, called Canada, "stolen land." It just causes so much legal confusion and wastes taxpayer dollars. Cdn style corruption.
More than any other province, BC is stolen land - no wars, no treaties. The bigest crime is that Indian Affairs gobbles up 60% of the funds it allocates to give themselves make work projects. As for wasting money, I suppose spending it on weapons of mass destruction (F35s) would be money better spent. And the legal confusion is created by the government to confuse the public about what is going on so they will be pissed at the indigenous people whose land they stole and sold to ordinary citizens under the pretense that they had a right to. I would like to know who gave the Crown the right to issue fee simple land title that was never bought or won by treaty? There is a reason that the World Court has found Canada guilty of human rights violations concerning indigenous people.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
More than any other province, BC is stolen land - no wars, no treaties. The bigest crime is that Indian Affairs gobbles up 60% of the funds it allocates to give themselves make work projects. As for wasting money, I suppose spending it on weapons of mass destruction (F35s) would be money better spent. And the legal confusion is created by the government to confuse the public about what is going on so they will be pissed at the indigenous people whose land they stole and sold to ordinary citizens under the pretense that they had a right to. I would like to know who gave the Crown the right to issue fee simple land title that was never bought or won by treaty? There is a reason that the World Court has found Canada guilty of human rights violations concerning indigenous people.

There is de jure and de facto in law, BC no longer belongs to Indians because of de facto occupation by Canadians. This issue is over, why we allow lawyers to continue with this charade is hard to figure. I forgot, the bucks, the billions of bucks.

Is it better to give Indians a treaty and confine them to a small parcel of land? Let them be like other Canadians and own private property on their reserves so reserves disappear in a few decades. There's no other way.

It is Cdn corruption when bureaucrats waste so many dollars. But then if bands got the billions, they would waste it like they do now on huge chief salaries and destitution would continue.