Let try our hand at slightly obsure Cdn TV shows

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
I'll give it start with two, hopefully you guys will follow up with more

Cannonball (1958/59) Who would ever have thought furniture movers & a transport truck would be able to make a series?

Catwalk (1992) The YTV season before the Americans got their sticky little fingers on it and changed the dynamic of the series.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
How about Size Small Island?

It was pretty good before it was taken over by Canadian Idol!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Rainbow Country (60's/70's?). I remember that one (barely).

Anyone remember a kids/family show centering around a St Bernard? I think his name was George. Was that Canadian?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The only Canadian show that was worth a damn was The Beachcombers.

Everything else pretty much sucked until Corner Gas, Trailer Park Boys and Kids in the Hall.

sweetsymphony

May 13, 2011
I'll give it start with two, hopefully you guys will follow up with more

Cannonball (1958/59) Who would ever have thought furniture movers & a transport truck would be able to make a series?

Catwalk (1992) The YTV season before the Americans got their sticky little fingers on it and changed the dynamic of the series.
Oh my I remember Catwalk..wow seems so long ago. I used to watch this other Canadian 90210 rip off show one of the actors was Phil Collins Daughter..can't remember the name for the life of me..I think it was filmed in Vancouver. Also remember that Canadian soap that was just like Coronation Street minus half the budget and talented actors lol. Whenever I mention it to friends they think I'm crazy. I think it was called Riverdale?
Oh and lets not forget Todays special!! I think that show started my addiction for shopping at a young age lol

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Oh my I remember Catwalk..wow seems so long ago. I used to watch this other Canadian 90210 rip off show one of the actors was Phil Collins Daughter..can't remember the name for the life of me..I think it was filmed in Vancouver. Also remember that Canadian soap that was just like Coronation Street minus half the budget and talented actors lol. Whenever I mention it to friends they think I'm crazy. I think it was called Riverdale?
Oh and lets not forget Todays special!! I think that show started my addiction for shopping at a young age lol
Joely Collins........... "Madison" ......Played the character Rachel Langston
Yes there was a prime soap "Riverdale" I think it lasted for 3 years on CBC ......(I hear the hissing already)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Years ago when I was a kid there was a show called Last of the Mohican's it was on CBC.
Now there was some problems with this show. It first appeared in or around 1959, set in
the bush. Two men one white the other native with muskets and many enemies.
I remember there being some controversy because one of the natives in an episode was
wearing something akin to a Timex watch, while another was once wearing running shoes.

Perhaps we should do a thread on all the major mistakes movies and TV shows have made
over the years, the above is my contribution anyway.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Okay, does anyone remember Science Fiction Theater. We used to watch it in Saskatchewan back in the early sixties, I think it was. So of like an early twilight zone - scared the pants off me more than once.

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Years ago when I was a kid there was a show called Last of the Mohican's it was on CBC.
Now there was some problems with this show. It first appeared in or around 1959, set in
the bush. Two men one white the other native with muskets and many enemies.
I remember there being some controversy because one of the natives in an episode was
wearing something akin to a Timex watch, while another was once wearing running shoes.

Perhaps we should do a thread on all the major mistakes movies and TV shows have made
over the years, the above is my contribution anyway.
Yeah that show was shot in Pickering On just off Brock Rd @ Taunton & in the Duffins Creek ravine. Every once in a while there'd be a pannig shot & in the background would be the Hydro towers.