Actor Dennis Hopper dead at 74

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
From The Star:
Hollywood actor Dennis Hopper, best known for directing and starring in the 1969 cult classic “Easy Rider,” died Saturday from complications of prostate cancer, a friend of the actor said. Hopper was 74.
Actor Dennis Hopper dead at 74 - thestar.com

Rest in peace, Dennis. My condolences to his family.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Geez, everyone is dying. What`s up with that?

His character in Blue Velvet was freaky.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Someone whose real personna matched that of his film roles, always just on the knife edge of insanity.. vulnerable and dangerous. I'll remember him in his role as the photagrapher in the redoubt of Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now as typical of that. RIP.

numbnuts

May 29, 2010
Oz
He definitely was one of a kind. Easy Rider was a great commentary of that time. RIP!!

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Sex Drugs an Rock & Roll you can't beat that.

He was a good man and a versatile actor.

This is the problem I find of getting old is all of my icons are passing on and children are running the world.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sex Drugs an Rock & Roll you can't beat that.

He was a good man and a versatile actor.

This is the problem I find of getting old is all of my icons are passing on and children are running the world.
The world is being run by retarded adolescents.

My favourite Denis Hopper role was in Flashback, an Abby Hoffman type character. He was brilliant. My favourite exchange in it was when he says to Keefer Sutherland: "See that girl at the bar. She is giving you the eye man." To which Keefer replied, "Which one?" Then Hopper says, "The one who looks like she was shot in the back with two cruise missiles."