Who is the most despicable personality on TV?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
This is an open question, with any open answer.

Name your candidate, be he/she a TV host, guest, a politician, a clergyman, a movie star, an aspiring candidate on the Idol shows or a criminal just apprehended.

American or Canadian TV, play no discrimination, here.

Go for it!

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Dick Cheney, G W Bush, Usama bin Laden, Kim Jong Il, Anthony Sullivan, the loud-mouthed schnook and Vince Shlomi, the woman beater. Billy May was in there, too, but he croaked. Such a big loss. lmao

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
the most? That's impossible... there are so many people I loathe... lol.

I'd start with Stacy London though... people who make their living making fun of other people ought to be ostracized, not given their own show. Blech.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Any of the bible thumping rip-off artists who call themselves televangalists. They are people of the worst sort who prey on those whose religious faith leaves them wide open to victimization.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
There's a tie:

Kate Gosselin for selling out her children's youth & privacy and now acting like she's an actual TV super star.

The Entire family of 18, 19, 32 kids and counting, whatever, for doing the exact same thing with their family, all the while pushing their christian crap.

In fact, everything on TLC these days.

The little people, the 2 dozen spawns and counting, the cake boss, LA Ink... all of it. The Station used to be "The Learning Channel"

Now it's "The Lobotomy Channel" cuz now every time I fly by that station, I feel parts of my brain disintegrate.

Nobody's really learning anything anymore.... it's just a bunch of weird families going on vacations or going to fancy retreats, or seeing various natural wonders, or getting a new house, going to Disney land..... like, doesn't anybody friggin work?

Oh yeah, their jobs are to go on vacations and enjoy themselves, a perfect reflection of what real families do day in and day out.

Or say LA Ink.... in the span of an entire episode, there's about 5 minutes of actual tattooing, and the rest of the episode entails the pointless gossip, drama and bone headed remarks between them..... Kat or whatever her name is completely detached from reality, too passive to be a boss and seems to be quite the procrastinator. For the most part, she sits in her back room, looks off into space, hires someone who either doesn't know how to do their job, or chooses not to because it's beneath her, then when the rest of her crew complains, she does nothing about it until the bitter end, or blabs on "Um.... yeah, like... um... I've been really swamped, been really busy, but um, yet, like I'll look into it fer sure." ~ Then does nothing and goes back into staring into space.

WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LEARN FROM THIS TLC???

Worst TV Station, E'var!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Kate Gosselin for selling out her children's youth & privacy and now acting like she's an actual TV super star.

I happened to watch a couple of bits of that show, a couple of seasons ago, because so many people were talking about it, I wanted to see what it was.

She is a horrible woman who treated her husband like crap, and had completely bizarre expectations of her kids. I distinctly remember her getting very, very upset because her kids were untidy while painting with water paints! To me, that shows that she's completely clueless about kids, and why she decided to parade her inability to be a decent parent for all to see, I don't know.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I agree with Praxius - re Kate Gosselin - she never stopped putting down her husband throughout their early days too before the big split.

Another reality "mother" is the star wife of Little People living in rural Oregon - who literally is turning her kids against the father.

She is shockingly rude to his face, him talks about him to the children and sabotages all the trips he plans by dividing the kids "who want to go" and "who don't" by laying guilt decisions on them.... it's really sad there are two moms out there like that.

Is it reality show stuff that turns them into vultures or what? I don't care if
they turn into the worst women on television, but when I see kids being groomed
to hate their fathers I boil....

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I happened to watch a couple of bits of that show, a couple of seasons ago, because so many people were talking about it, I wanted to see what it was.

She is a horrible woman who treated her husband like crap, and had completely bizarre expectations of her kids. I distinctly remember her getting very, very upset because her kids were untidy while painting with water paints! To me, that shows that she's completely clueless about kids, and why she decided to parade her inability to be a decent parent for all to see, I don't know.

Agreed.... she was continually berating John since the first episode, basically trying to make him out like an idiot any chance she could, yelling at him like he's some child in the middle of a store.... she's a complete nut when it comes to things being dirty or out of place, anything John ever did was usually wrong.... frig you could just look at him in any of the episodes and see that not only did he not want to be on the show, but he was basically beaten, depressed, basically just going through the motions they all told him to.

It's no wonder he snapped and cheated on her, eventually brought about the divorce, fought to keep the kids off TV to try and give them a normal life and shut down the show for the most part..... and it was suspected she cheated on him.

She's a complete control freak and her whole defense is that she wanted to give her kids the best life possible..... apparently it was the best life for her possible, at her children's expense.

Now I'm not saying John was a perfect angel or that he never screwed up at times.... but he was a hell of a lot more human on the show then she ever was and in that kind of environment, I'd probably lose it too.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I agree with Praxius - re Kate Gosselin - she never stopped putting down her husband throughout their early days too before the big split.

Another reality "mother" is the star wife of Little People living in rural Oregon - who literally is turning her kids against the father.

She is shockingly rude to his face, him talks about him to the children and sabotages all the trips he plans by dividing the kids "who want to go" and "who don't" by laying guilt decisions on them.... it's really sad there are two moms out there like that.

Is it reality show stuff that turns them into vultures or what? I don't care if
they turn into the worst women on television, but when I see kids being groomed
to hate their fathers I boil....

Indeed... it's this whole Reality TV crap.... maybe it's all staged and they really love each other off camera and do it just to get ratings.... but my wife watches little people from time to time and I've seen both the parents and how they treat each other..... I'm not sure exactly who's worse then who, but I believe both are responsible for the situation.

Well, obviously they are, but the father does continually think he's right and tries to get everybody to do what he says or go where he wants, because he's always right.... and she decides to combat that by using the kids to punish him and divide the family.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
The most despicable person on TV, without any doubt, whatsoever, is Keith Olbermann.

Gee, I never reallt thought to much about Keith but since you hate him I'll have to give him a second look.

Tell me, what do you think of Glen Beck?