MJ Concert on TV this week

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Anyone watch the Michael Jackson concert that's been on one of the music channels this week? Wow, what a show. I've never seen a performer put so much into one show.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I gained a new appreciation for what he did by watching that concert (twice).

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I gained a new appreciation for what he did by watching that concert (twice).
I wish I had your generosity Kreskin. From where I sit, his life was a joke, his death the sad punchline.

His accomplishments were sadly overshadowed by a life of a miserable sideshow freak.

And I don't say this with a light heart or malice in mind.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
No matter what happened in his personal life, what he did on stage was hardly a joke.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
TP, I'm not a big fan of his but that concert was nothing short of remarkable.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm honestly going to have to agree with you Kreskin. Although I was no fan of MJ's. I must admit, I recognise passion and talent when I see it.

When he performed, he gave everry ounce of being to the audience. I saw that, I can see how that would have a profound effect of people.

But at some point, logic and reason must kick in and one has to ask WTF?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Anyone watch the Michael Jackson concert that's been on one of the music channels this week? Wow, what a show. I've never seen a performer put so much into one show.
MJ is a pervert - plain and simple -

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
MJ is a pervert - plain and simple -

As are a host of other celebrities, living and dead. If you want to judge them by their off-stage/off-screen actions (and I'm not condemning that) thats your decision, but many others will either compartmentalize (i.e. he may be a pervert but he's an outstanding performer... I do this quite a bit) or ignore them as not at all relevant.

Personally I've seen bits of Michael Jackson in concert and while I can respect the effort involved in the dance/choreography end, his music never has worked for me (I was a teen when Thriller came out and never bought it). Thats always the big deal breaker for me.