Deep Space

Socrates the Greek
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

I agree, I know we have the technology to at least get us started in the right direction, but I don't think we have a leader like Kennedy who can motivate or lead us to do it at this time. (plus I think the world is broke)

True the world is broke, but man kind must prioritise, in order for the human species to survive past the next five hundred years, on this lonely planet, in a sea of intricate scientific wonder.

Socrates the Greek

YouTube - Sonic Boom - Extreme Close Fly By

GreenFish66
Behind the Air Force's and NASA's X-37B Space Plane - Popularmechanics.com (external - login to view) - Return of the space plane...

----------------------------------------------

Study: Uranus & Neptune Have Seas of Diamond?With Diamond Icebergs | 80beats | Discover Magazine (external - login to view) - Sea of Diamonds ?....What's just as interesting was the experiment researchers did to get to this conclusion...

Socrates the Greek
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

Behind the Air Force's and NASA's X-37B Space Plane - Popularmechanics.com (external - login to view) - Return of the space plane...

----------------------------------------------

Study: Uranus & Neptune Have Seas of Diamond?With Diamond Icebergs | 80beats | Discover Magazine (external - login to view) - Sea of Diamonds ?....What's just as interesting was the experiment researchers did to get to this conclusion...

green Fish good to see you again, interesting, I think the amount of money spend to do this for a military advancement it would be a waist of money and time, being that this technology would provide military superiority, but given that the global unity is a bigger movement between the super powers of our planet.

I agree with a poster on the link you provided, I feel the same way,

Now, if it was for human exploration of the universe, I am for it with one disappointment, the same as it is on earth to build roads and highways gets very expensive, the same in space the cost is astronomical, for such a small advancement in space travel.

Glad I'm not paying for this09:14:42 AM
Sunday, April 18, 2010
That is a great looking piece of kit and no doubt highly advanced. It's also a complete waste of money. This technology is only of use in a war with a major power such as China and Russia, and such a war is simply not going to happen because the costs of such a war would be catastrophic for all parties. Even the most fanatical Republican knows this.

Luckily, I don't live in the US, so I'm not paying for this with my tax dollars. If you do live in the US, make sure you have stocks in the companies that make money out of these projects, so you at least get some of your money back. The industrial military complex - alive and well.

GreenFish66
I hear ya socrates the greek ...Space exploration is an international Adventure/Venture ..Should always be ..Only way to get there from here... ..

I think the x- 37 b will end up being a refurbished space shuttle ..lol...

Hey Heard they found diamonds deep in the crevies of Uranus !...Ahhhh. no..boooo.. Not Another terrible Uranus Joke .. It always at the butt of all planet jokes ...Sorry I apologize...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Apr 21st, 2010 at 04:04 PM..

Socrates the Greek

I hear ya socrates the greek ...Space exploration is an international Adventure/Venture ..Should always be ..Only way to get there from here... ..

I think the x- 37 b will end up being a refurbished space shuttle ..lol...

Hey Heard they found diamonds deep in the crevies of Uranus !...Ahhhh. no..boooo.. Not Another terrible Uranus Joke .. It always at the butt of all planet jokes ...Sorry I apologize...

Take that apology back, that was all cool, as a space shuttle to the space station would be awesome.

theconqueror

First HD Images Of The Sun Captured:

April 21, 2010

NASA's recently launched Solar Dynamics Observatory, or SDO, is returning early images that confirm an unprecedented new capability for scientists to better understand our sunís dynamic processes. These solar activities affect everything on Earth.

Some of the images from the spacecraft show never-before-seen detail of material streaming outward and away from sunspots. Others show extreme close-ups of activity on the sunís surface. The spacecraft also has made the first high-resolution measurements of solar flares in a broad range of extreme ultraviolet wavelengths.

NASA - NASA's New Eye on the Sun Delivers Stunning First Images

Socrates the Greek
Starry-Eyed Hubble Celebrates 20 Years of Awe and Discovery

Happy Hubble 20th anniversary for Nasa......
NASA - Starry-Eyed Hubble Celebrates 20 Years of Awe and Discovery

Socrates the Greek
forums.canadiancontent.net/sc...er-making.html (external - login to view)

Socrates the Greek
Hubble Deep Field

YouTube - Hubble Deep Field (external - login to view)

Voyage through space and galaxies
YouTube - Voyage through space and galaxies (external - login to view)

Hubblecast 01: The Comet Galaxy
YouTube - Hubblecast 01: The Comet Galaxy (external - login to view)

Socrates the Greek

The UH Space Physics Group is attempting to build the world's first commercial high-powered deep space motor. The members' goal is to create a motor that uses a different scheme than chemical rockets.

NASA plan will assist UH research: thedailycougar.com (external - login to view)

ironsides
Some Craters on the Moon May Be Electrified
Exploring the craters at the moon's north and south poles may be even more challenging than previously thought for future astronauts. New NASA calculations now show that solar wind streaming over the rough lunar surface may electrically charge polar craters on the moon.

The moon's polar craters are of particular interest to researchers because resources, including water ice, exist at these lunar structures. The moon's orientation to the sun keeps the bottoms of polar craters in permanent shadow, allowing temperatures there to plunge below minus 400 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 240 degrees Celsius), cold enough to store volatile material like water for billions of years.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100427/sc_space/somecratersonthemoonmaybeelectrified (external - login to view)

Socrates the Greek
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Some Craters on the Moon May Be Electrified
Exploring the craters at the moon's north and south poles may be even more challenging than previously thought for future astronauts. New NASA calculations now show that solar wind streaming over the rough lunar surface may electrically charge polar craters on the moon.
The moon's polar craters are of particular interest to researchers because resources, including water ice, exist at these lunar structures. The moon's orientation to the sun keeps the bottoms of polar craters in permanent shadow, allowing temperatures there to plunge below minus 400 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 240 degrees Celsius), cold enough to store volatile material like water for billions of years.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/201004...ybeelectrified

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Interesting Ironsides, using the moon as space base second to the space station, seems to be realistic, lots and lots of land where on the space station, space is limited.

SPACE.com Image Gallery: Future Vision: Lunar Base

ironsides
Building a space station/moon base does sound like the way to go. Our Space Station is supposed to be brought down in a controlled crash in 2020. Would be nice to have a permanent base up there, we could also start mining the moons resources in order to continue out into space.

GreenFish66
NASA - Building Planets -

Socrates the Greek

NASA - Building Planets -

Soooooooooooo Interesting Green Fish,,

NASA - NASA's New Eye on the Sun Delivers Stunning First Images

Socrates the Greek
Countdown with Keith Olbermann Countdown with Keith Olbermann (external - login to view)

GreenFish66

YouTube - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Part 1

The Astrobiology Web | Your Online Guide to the Living Universe (external - login to view) - Life is out there ....Somewhere ...Everywhere...

Socrates the Greek

YouTube - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Part 1

The Astrobiology Web | Your Online Guide to the Living Universe (external - login to view) - Life is out there ....Somewhere ...Everywhere...

Good to see you again Green Fish, interesting how the intelligence of the Dolphin understands manís communication, the size between the two brains in the image explain why this close unique interactive connection.

also cool info on intergalactic tourism by Virgin Galactic.
The Sir Richard Branson business venture sounds like a big money printing machine for the investors, plus mankind entering a new never before possible concept of escaping for a short time from planet earth.

I am sure there will be other Sir Richard Bransonsí of the future taking the idea to the next level thereby increasing the distance of travel into deep space. Hopefully men can eventually do that.

Virgin Galactic is the first space company in the world to have developed a network of over 100 accredited sales agents now accepting deposits from participants in 42 countries. Over 50% of Virgin Galactic's current customers are from the United States.

Virgin Galactic appoints its first Chief Executive | Commercial Space Watch (external - login to view)

GreenFish66
Awesome stuff above Socrates the Greek....

Here's some other "Stuff" you might find interesting .

TheRecord.com - Local - Mr. Universe: Stephen Hawking has arrived in Waterloo Region (external - login to view) - MR.Universe... has arrived in kitchener..Welcome Stephen Hawking !

ęMars-500Ľ project (external - login to view) - Mars 500 ...Gettin prepped for the red planet...

Milestones in Skydiving, BASE Jumping and Hang gliding - Popularmechanics.com (external - login to view) - Human flight ?

The last great first - The Globe and Mail - Jebb corliss " The black winged birdman.."

How Many People Have Been In Space? Scienceline (external - login to view) - Humans in space...

List of space travelers by name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

I spend most of my time lost out "In Space" ..Why am I not on the list ?...

.I'M...Spaced out ....So Far Out ...In Space!

So ...Over and out there from here...For Now ..
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jun 11th, 2010 at 06:51 PM..

GreenFish66
SPACE.com -- Japanese Asteroid Probe Makes Historic Return to Earth - Japanese Space probe returns from asteroid encounter..Interesting stuff for many reasons...1 being that it is good to know we earthlings can meet something " Way out there" ..far beyond our Earth ...

GreenFish66

Supersonic Green Machine
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:00:00 -0500

This future aircraft design concept for supersonic flight over land comes from the team led by the Lockheed Martin Corporation. The team's simulation shows possibility for achieving overland flight by dramatically lowering the level of sonic booms through the use of an "inverted-V" engine-under wing configuration. Other revolutionary technologies help achieve range, payload and environmental goals. This supersonic cruise concept is among the designs presented in April 2010 to the NASA Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate for its NASA Research Announcement-funded studies into advanced aircraft that could enter service in the 2030-2035 timeframe. Image credit: NASA/Lockheed Martin Corporation

GreenFish66
SETI@home (external - login to view) - Seti @ Home ...Cool!

GreenFish66
Hello Aliens ..We Come in Peace ..

Voyager 1: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article (external - login to view)

Voyager - The Interstellar Mission

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/images/tour-l.jpg - Voyager

www.absoluteastronomy.com/top..._Golden_Record (external - login to view)

Pic of the day ...

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/image...ture_1679.html

Over and out there ...4 Now ..

GreenFish66

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvHEhehlayerembedded

www.metro.co.uk/news/835751-b...r-than-our-sun (external - login to view) - Biggest star in the universe discovered..

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html

Amazing Scene Captured over Volcano - Bing Videos (external - login to view)

Earth to Socrates the Greek ..Are you out there somewhere...Come in ..Over ..
Last edited by GreenFish66; Aug 1st, 2010 at 09:34 PM..

GreenFish66
Northern lights could illuminate the sky late Tuesday night - CNN.com (external - login to view) - Solar Flare may give us a Northern light show

ironsides
When I first saw these, I realized that man just might be a god. Nothing has been built to date that is more powerful.

Apollo 11 liftoff - multiple high speed camera angles of the Saturn V

YouTube - Apollo 11 liftoff - multiple high speed camera angles of the Saturn V

YouTube - Apollo 11 Saturn V Launch Lift off - High Speed Cam - HD 720p

YouTube - Apollo 11 launch w altitude and velocity data

Quote: Originally Posted by Socrates the GreekView Post

True the world is broke, but man kind must prioritise, in order for the human species to survive past the next five hundred years, on this lonely planet, in a sea of intricate scientific wonder.

I am all in favor of NASA continuing the exploration of space, as you mentioned our world needs the knowledge and resources to survive.

GreenFish66
Northern lights paint skies across the world - CNN.com (external - login to view) - Solar Flare reachs Earth ...Northern Lights pics from Cnn Member

Hear Here Ironside ....

The best possible future would be to inhabit/ Explore other Worlds/Planets and still have a home to back to for supper...

Live Long and Prosper

Peace ..

GreenFish66
NASA - A Galactic Spectacle - Chandra ...Exploring the Invisible Universe...

ironsides
Could 'Goldilocks' planet be just right for life?

Could 'Goldilocks' planet be just right for life? - Yahoo! News (external - login to view)