Typical person against $15 minimum wage

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Of course it gets passed on to the consumer. Who in the name of the great pumpkin would think that wasn't going to happen?
;)
Just the vote buyers?

Guess whose money they just bought those votes with, and guess how many restaurants will be out of business within two years from now, and guess how many will now lose their jobs?

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
Anybody who owns a business and is unable to pay a living wage obviously has a failed business plan and should be shut down immediately.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I can already see you don't know squat about the restaurant and bar business do you?

It's not what they pay, it's what they charge, and part of a pay is better then no pay at all.
Not to mention the TAXES. Restaurants and similar business employees rely on TIPS.

Because now tips will dry up, and the government gets a higher employer pay out, and a higher employee tax bite, and more sales taxes, and the bennies will also disappear...etc

Nobody has any money, that's why Canada has the highest personal debt in the world.

So they just SCREWED EVERYBODY just to buy votes...for what will be nothing in the end.

Last edited:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I’m well above minimum wage and my debt is steadily shrinking. Hell, my annual raise was actually a lot higher as a result of the minimum wage hike. I’m doing just fine.

As for small businesses - honestly, I don’t care. I don’t work for one and never have.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You spend any money in them?
;)
there goes your raise.

It went to buy votes.
:)

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Of course it gets passed on to the consumer. Who in the name of the great pumpkin would think that wasn't going to happen?
;)
Just the vote buyers?

Guess whose money they just bought those votes with, and guess how many restaurants will be out of business within two years from now, and guess how many will now lose their jobs?
"Of course it gets passed on to the consumer"

so what you're saying is, it's more important for you to save 5-10 cents on a burger than it is for the workers to receive an adequate livable wage?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

Who didn't see that coming? The dog chasing its tail.

so what you're saying is, it's more important for you to save 5-10 cents on a burger than it is for the workers to receive an adequate livable wage?

You do realize that minimum-wage workers will pay that extra 5-10 cents too right, and that's on each burger they buy and the price for everything else is inflated too right? So what's the point? That's just inflation and if inflation were a tax, it would be the most regressive of them all.

Last edited:

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Who didn't see that coming. The dog chasing its tail.

You do realize that the workers will pay that extra 5-10 cents to right, and that's on each burger they buy and the price for everything else is inflated too right? So what's the point? That's just inflation and if inflation were a tax, it would be the most regressive of them all.
hey, kill yourself scum

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
hey, kill yourself scum

How compassionate of you. I assume that your support for the minimum wage stems from compassion, right? So is your concern for actually helping the poor or just giving the impression that you're helping the poor while legislating the most unskilled workers into unemployment?

I do want to help the poor, and that's precisely why I oppose the minimum wage.

If we want to truly help the poor, we need to think about it rationally.

One positive step towards helping the poor would be to adopt an effective exclusion policy like Singapore has:
https://www.ncpg.org.sg/en/Pages/DealWithProblemGambling.aspx?category=2

Another step would be to introduce an officially recommended minimum wage that would allow any person who earns less than that to apply for social assistance and then quit their job or go to part time once they start any government-funded trades or professional education. One reason they may have no money may be due to addiction. An effective self-exclusion policy could help with that. Another reason might have to do with lack of education. Upgrading their skills might help with that. That's what we call helping the poor. Please explain to me how legislating an unskilled worker out of the workforce helps him in any way.

Low information voters never saw it coming

I wonder if Wynne saw it coming. If she didn't, then at least she has the virtue of just being ignorant but caring. If she did see it coming and was still willing to throw unskilled workers under the bus for a few votes, then that would tell me something totally different. I like to give the benefit of the doubt so will assume that she just sincerely believed that raising the minimum wage actually would help the poor.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

First off minimum wage was never intended to raise families on. Then there is the trickle up effect where everyone now making $11-15 will rightfully demand a simular raise and so on up the line. The upshot is that the now $15 worker will be no better off because of the massive increase in inflation.SO if you can't live on mimimum wage go back to school and get a trade or something. Or go get a government job and you can still be totally useless and non productive but make $100G a year.Plus a solid gold benefits package.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I wonder if Wynne saw it coming. If she didn't, then at least she has the virtue of just being ignorant but caring. If she did see it coming and was still willing to throw unskilled workers under the bus for a few votes, then that would tell me something totally different. I like to give the benefit of the doubt so will assume that she just sincerely believed that raising the minimum wage actually would help the poor.

Wynne was advised by her own inner circle of the ramifications.

With this in mind, she did not do this out of compassion, but rather to get reelected regardless of the hardships that she'd heap on the very demographic that she claims to help