Why I Like Being Canadian

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
In Canada if you get into a minor traffic kerfuffle, you won't get your head blown off from a semi automatic.

In Canada the word 'sorry' means immediately both hello and goodbye when you bump into a stranger in a crowded Mall.

In Canada, we're so polite we say 'thank you' to ATM machines.

:)

Feel free to add your own!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
In Canada if you get into a minor traffic kerfuffle, you won't get your head blown off from a semi automatic.

In Canada the word 'sorry' means immediately both hello and goodbye when you bump into a stranger in a crowded Mall.

In Canada, we're so polite we say 'thank you' to ATM machines.

:)

Feel free to add your own!

I wouldn't even go there! I like being Canadian because we have it better here than in most places in the world. I don't like being Canadian when I have to listen to a silly she-man telling us what's good for us.
When I think of Trudeau (which is not often) I picture him in a ballet dressed in a tutu pirouetting across the stage on his toes. I wonder if he has ever considered a sex change operation?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I wouldn't even go there! I like being Canadian because we have it better here than in most places in the world. I don't like being Canadian when I have to listen to a silly she-man telling us what's good for us.
When I think of Trudeau (which is not often) I picture him in a ballet dressed in a tutu pirouetting across the stage on his toes. I wonder if he has ever considered a sex change operation?

WTH does being a Canadian have to do with your dislike of Trudeau. Canada didn't put him in office - Canadians did. Rather you rail against those who voted for him then the country that gives you succor.

What I like about Canada

Our flag - no frills, straight forward and immediately recognizable
Our people - flawed though they may be, they are generous, compassionate, inclusive and caring - I realize this is a generalization but in general, this is what Canadians are like
Our geography - with everything from sand dunes to mountains, prairies and vast rivers and oceans on three borders
Our elections - mercifully short campaigns and the latest government in office ASAP
Our talent - from the best hockey players in the world, to artists, comedians, actors, writers, singers and dancers - Canada can be justly proud of our contributions to sports and entertainment

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Well, don't let the door hit your *** when you move down south to paradise.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Great post Mowich! :)

I also forgot to mention poutine and our hottie Quebec women as well!

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
:) I love our people first, coast to coast
I love our 4 seasons
I love our athlete, artist
I love our freedom, security
I love our humour
I love our bravery
and I love our beautiful land

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I love to boast about our modesty.

I am a tenth generation Canadian (we're now up to twelve). I am descended from four sets of refugees that were taken in, here (one group was protected by the skills of Mohawk warriors for which I am grateful to my dying day) and we have lived in peace and security, ever since.

Thank God for Canada. May she always remain the planet's lifeboat.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Great post Mowich! :)

I also forgot to mention poutine and our hottie Quebec women as well!

I might also add Nanaimo Bars and our gorgeous BC women and men. :smile:

I love to boast about our modesty.

I am a tenth generation Canadian (we're now up to twelve). I am descended from four sets of refugees that were taken in, here (one group was protected by the skills of Mohawk warriors for which I am greatful to my dying day) and we have lived in peace and security, ever since.

Thank God for Canada. May she always remain the planet's lifeboat.

Ah to heck with modesty - let's celebrate our 150 years of Confederation loudly and proudly. Canada Rocks. :canada:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
How the heck do you see his wife and children?? You are stuck in the cave male ideal man image....My husband dealt with animals much bigger and heavier than himself, was strong enough to help lift a 1000 lb, weight off an injured man in an accident but he was a true gentle-man to women.children and small animals,

People who put others in neat little packages are simply projecting their own hang-ups onto others. Try seeing people as individuals not as how YOU think a certain member of a species should behave!! Putting people in little, bitty boxes doesn't demean them....guess who it does reflect back on!

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

Hmmm.. So you like to wonder if a person wants a sex change operation. Hmmmm...

My favourite part of Canada is my friends and family.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
BTW....

Off-limits: Personal attacks, cursing, anything 18+, adult-themed comments.

HAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH....lol.

What a joke.

There s a rumour going around that whoever wrote the warning has since died and their mummified corpse has fallen into the throttle, so the train keeps goin' but no one alive is in charge.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I like being a White Canadian Man, and a good looking one at that!! Woo Hoo!! ��

Oh, and I mustn't forget, an Intelligent one as well.