Carrie Fisher - Princess Leia from Scar Wars - is dead

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Carrie Fisher - Princess Leia from Scar Wars - is dead.

Carrie Fisher, 'Star Wars'' Princess Leia, dies at 60

(CNN)Actress Carrie Fisher, whose grit and wit made "Star Wars'" Princess Leia an iconic and beloved figure to millions of moviegoers, died Tuesday in Los Angeles. She was 60.

Fisher died four days after suffering a cardiac event on a flight from London, according to a source familiar with the situation.
The actress and advocate who got her start in Hollywood in 1975 in the film "Shampoo," was the daughter of screen legend Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher.

Her big break as an actress had come just a few years after she dropped out of high school to appear alongside her mother on Broadway.

More here.

Carrie Fisher, 'Star Wars'' Princess Lei dies at 60 - CNN.com

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What a shame. I thought that she was going to survive. It must have been massively damaging, like Alan Thicke's ruptured aorta.

Cripes. She was my age.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Very sad news for us Star War fans. She was at the very end of Rogue One, can't imagine Star War without her.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Never been a Star Wars Fan, but I liked Carrie Fisher. Her novel: Postcards from the Edge was a funny, candid semi-biographical memoir and it made me like her all the more. RIP Carrie Fisher.