George Michael dies at 53

Blackleaf
+1
I couldn't believe the news this morning. Two British music legends - David Bowie and George Michael - passing in the same year.

George Michael famously sang "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart..." and died on Christmas Day from suspected heart failure.

IdRatherBeSkiing
In the end all deaths are heart failure.

Blackleaf
+1
Tributes to George Michael

Writing on Twitter and referring to Michael by his family nickname of "Yog", Michael's Wham! bandmate Andrew Ridgeley said: "Me, his loved ones, his friends, the world of music, the world at large. 4ever loved. A xx"

On Instagram, Sir Elton John posted a photograph of himself with Michael, writing: "I am in deep shock.

"I have lost a beloved friend - the kindest, most generous soul and a brilliant artist. My heart goes out to his family and all of his fans."

Madonna posted a video on social media of herself presenting Michael with an award in 1989, and wrote: "Another Great Artist leaves us."

Robbie Williams, whose first solo single was a cover of Michael's song Freedom, wrote: "Oh God no …I love you George …Rest In Peace x".

Boy George wrote: "He was so loved and I hope he knew it because the sadness today is beyond words. Devastating.

"What a beautiful voice he had and his music will live on as a testament to his talent. I can't believe he is gone. I hope the Buddha will hold him in his arms."

Michael, who was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in north London, sold more than 100 million albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.

The music superstar died at his home on the banks of the Thames in Goring, Oxfordshire

George Michael's UK number one singles

George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley found fame with Wham! in the 1980s

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go (with Wham!) - 1984
Freedom (with Wham!) - 1984
Careless Whisper - 1984
I'm Your Man (with Wham!) - 1985
The Edge of Heaven (with Wham!) - 1986
A Different Corner - 1986
I Knew You Were Waiting For Me (with Aretha Franklin) - 1987
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (with Elton John) - 1991
Five Live EP (with Queen and Lisa Stansfield) - 1993
Jesus To A Child - 1996
Fastlove - 1996

George Michael: Tributes for pop superstar - BBC News (external - login to view)

spaminator
+1

wwwyoutubecomwatchvJdNGAdlgVk4

Blackleaf
I remember when I was a kid in about 1987 and me and my mum and little brother were watching Top of the Pops on TV. George Michael's video for "Faith" came on, which has the singer shaking his a*se in front of the camera, and my little brother suddenly shouted out: "He's got a sexy bum!"

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by MokkajavaView Post

I loved him in the 80's... and when I found out he was gay... I loved him more.

Why can't 2016 end already before it kills off any more of the greats.

Yes, if only one had died this year why couldn't it have been him.........

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Paul lookin like a geezer these days. Needs to cut the hair and just be an old bastard and stop hoping to get any more fukkin attention.

mentalfloss

spaminator
Blackleaf

spaminator
Blackleaf
Generous George: Singer handed huge sums to worthy causes including £5,000 tip to indebted student nurse and £15,000 to woman he saw on TV

Stories of the star handing out huge sums of cash have emerged since his death

TV presenter Richard Osman says he gave £15,000 to quiz show contestant

Meanwhile, charities have praised him for years of donations of fundraisers

By Richard Spillett for MailOnline
26 December 2016

Details of a number of private acts of generosity of George Michael have emerged since his death

George Michael secretly gave huge amounts to needy causes - including £15,000 to a woman he saw on TV and a £5,000 tip to a barmaid who had student debt, it emerged today.

Details of the singer's donations and secret acts of generosity were made public following his death from suspected heart failure at his home in Oxfordshire yesterday.

Hours after the singer's death was announced, TV presenter Richard Osman revealed that Michael had called a woman who appeared on Deal or No Deal to give her the money she needed for IVF treatment.

Osman tweeted: 'A woman on 'Deal Or No Deal' told us she needed £15k for IVF treatment. George Michael secretly phoned the next day and gave her the £15k.'

A woman called Lynette Gillard replied to Richard's tweet, saying: 'For many years I wondered who had donated this money, and now I know. Thank you. RIP George what an amazing person.'

A journalist meanwhile tweeted that the star had given a barmaid a huge tip after learning she was a student nurse who had large debts.

The star donated royalties from some of his biggest selling singles and has made huge donations to Childline, the Terrence Higgins Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support.

His charitable donations have led some to speculate charities may get huge windfalls when his estimated £100million fortune is divided up.

TV presenter Richard Osman and journalist Sali Hughes told of his secret acts of generosity

The pop superstar often gave large sums to people he saw were in distress or having problems

Michael, who spoke about losing his partner Anselmo Feleppa to HIV, 'personally supported' the Terrence Higgins Trust for 'many years', Jane Barron from the organisation said.

Read more: George Michael's incredible generosity revealed | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (external - login to view) | DailyMail on Facebook (external - login to view)

tay
Another Tribute to George Michael

Following the death, Steven Anderson of Arizona’s Faithful Word Baptist Church uploaded a shocking rant to YouTube in which he branded Michael a “Sodomite” and a paedophile.

He claimed: “First of all, George Michael’s burning in Hell right now. He was a very wicked, God-hating sodomite reprobate, and he’s getting the punishment that he deserves right now.

“It’s been pretty sad to see even Christians in some cases saying, ‘Oh, we lost another great celebrity’, you know? ‘Rest in peace’ and all this kind of garbage.

“Clearly, George Michael hated the Lord Jesus Christ… but not only that, he provides a great example of what sodomites are actually like.

“He was found out to be a sodomite, for those who weren’t smart enough to just look at him in the 80s and see right away that the guy was a total faggot.

“In 1998, he was discovered to be a sodomite because he was arrested in a Beverly Hills restroom where he solicited sex from an undercover cop, because [that is] what these sodomites do.”
He continued: “There’s a reason why… they’re 50 times more likely to get AIDS than your average person.

“And by the way that’s why George Michael died at an age of 53 years old, when the normal life expectancy for a man is 76.

“Because of the fact that on average, the Sodomite deathstyle shaves about 20 years off of your life expectancy.”

Branding him a paedophile, he added: “Quit mourning the death of this filthy pervert. He’s rotting in Hell right now for being a God-hating homosexual reprobate.”

The pastor has previously called for the execution of gay people by stoning, and celebrated the Orlando massacre as part of a war against “a bunch of disgusting perverts and paedophiles”.

On a mission trip to Africa earlier this year, the US-based pastor was hindered by travel bans issued by South Africa and the United Kingdom – before being deported by the Botswanian government.

The country’s President Ian Khama claimed credit for deporting the pastor, adding: “I said they should pick him up and show him out of the country. We don’t want hate speech in this country.”

video of the rant

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/12/2...tting-in-hell/ (external - login to view)

Danbones
funny thing about what christians hate

"...And I’ve been thinking of the man who wrote me just this morning, an anguished pastor torn between coming out, and knowing that doing so would sever him from the church and congregation he has so faithfully served for twenty years...
George Michael hospitalized: Christians For a Moral America praying for his death - John Shore (external - login to view)

Blackleaf
He WAS a sodomite. No evidence he was a paedophile, though. Still, now that another British male celebrity has died, I suspect it won't be long until those numpties at Operation Yewtree start investigating him.

tay
WHO'S NEXT

1Billy Graham (external - login to view)Televangelist07-Nov-1918
2Kirk Douglas (external - login to view)Spartacus09-Dec-1916
3Jerry Lewis (external - login to view)Muscular Dystrophy Association16-Mar-1926
4Courtney Love (external - login to view)Kurt Cobain's widow, Hole09-Jul-1964
5Bob Barker (external - login to view)The Price Is Right12-Dec-1923
6Queen Elizabeth II (external - login to view)Queen of England21-Apr-1926
7Ozzy Osbourne (external - login to view)Black Sabbath03-Dec-1948
8George H.W. Bush (external - login to view)41st US President, 1989-9312-Jun-1924
9Dick Cheney (external - login to view)US Vice President, 2001-0930-Jan-1941
10Stephen Hawking (external - login to view)Wheelchair-bound physicist08-Jan-1942

Blackleaf

WHO'S NEXT
1Billy GrahamTelevangelist07-Nov-1918
2Kirk DouglasSpartacus09-Dec-1916
3Jerry LewisMuscular Dystrophy Association16-Mar-1926
4Courtney LoveKurt Cobain's widow, Hole09-Jul-1964
5Bob BarkerThe Price Is Right12-Dec-1923
6Queen Elizabeth IIQueen of England21-Apr-1926
7Ozzy OsbourneBlack Sabbath03-Dec-1948

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Stephen Hawking should have gone years ago. He's knackered.

George Michael post-mortem 'inconclusive'

BBC News
30 December 2016

George Michael died at his home on Christmas Day

A post-mortem examination into the cause of George Michael's death was "inconclusive", police have said.

The singer died aged 53 on Christmas Day at his Oxfordshire home.

More tests will now be carried out to determine what led to his death, Thames Valley Police said in a statement. The results of these tests are unlikely to be known for several weeks.

Michael's death is still being treated as unexplained but not suspicious.

His manager, Michael Lippman, said he had died of heart failure.

Police will prepare a file for the Oxfordshire coroner.

George Michael post-mortem 'inconclusive' - BBC News (external - login to view)

JLM

WHO'S NEXT
1Billy GrahamTelevangelist07-Nov-1918
2Kirk DouglasSpartacus09-Dec-1916
3Jerry LewisMuscular Dystrophy Association16-Mar-1926
4Courtney LoveKurt Cobain's widow, Hole09-Jul-1964
5Bob BarkerThe Price Is Right12-Dec-1923
6Queen Elizabeth IIQueen of England21-Apr-1926
7Ozzy OsbourneBlack Sabbath03-Dec-1948

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post

I predict it will be someone 99.999% of us have never heard of.

Blackleaf
With Bowie gone at the start of the year and now George Michael gone at the end of the year, it seems that those celebs who had cameo appearances in Ricky Gervais's sitcom Extras are being picked off one by one. If I was Daniel Radcliffe, Patrick Stewart or Samuel L. Jackson I'd be worried.

Last edited by Blackleaf; Dec 30th, 2016 at 09:47 AM..

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I hate to say this, with still another week left in the year, but so far for me it hasn't been a bad year, particularly. KEEPING MY FINGERS, TOES, EYES AND EARS CROSSED!

that must be painful.

spaminator
spaminator
spaminator
spaminator
spaminator
spaminator
spaminator