George Michael dies at 53

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.

The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".

Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.

Police say they were treating the death as unexplained but there were no suspicious circumstances.

In a statement, the star's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.

"The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage."

Ex-Wham! singer George Michael dies - BBC News

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Are you sure he is dead?
He may have just stopped by the morgue to suck back a couple of cold ones after work...

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It's a BBC conspiracy.

The mainstream media is hiding the fact that Clinton had him killed.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Wow, that's young. I was never a huge fan, but he was an iconic figure of the 80s and early 90s, with Wham! and then as a solo act. He undoubtedly had some stage charisma.. and some catchy tunes. I've heard a lot of Last Christmas over the holidays.

He'd had serious health issues including pneumonia and heart problems over the last few years. There were rumours he was HIV positive. He had become something of a recluse over that period. Hate to say it but flamboyant 'gay' lifestyles don't go with living much past 50. RIP.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It's a BBC conspiracy.

The mainstream media is hiding the fact that Clinton had him killed.

boot Hillary always did have a thing about guys prettier then her
..but then of course, Michelle might also be a dark horse candidate for a bumping him off out of jealousy...

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Not much of a Wham fan but he was an exceptional talent and I really appreciated his solo stuff, especially later on

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan
I loved him in the 80's... and when I found out he was gay... I loved him more.

Why can't 2016 end already before it kills off any more of the greats.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's been a tough year. For the famous, and also for the regular people.

If there is one unifying quality coming out of this year, it might be the fact that we will all be glad to see it come to an end - preferably as peacefully and quietly as possible.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If there is one unifying quality coming out of this year, it might be the fact that we will all be glad to see it come to an end - preferably as peacefully and quietly as possible.

I hate to say this, with still another week left in the year, but so far for me it hasn't been a bad year, particularly. KEEPING MY FINGERS, TOES, EYES AND EARS CROSSED!