Living In Canada Is A Privilege, Not A Consolation Prize

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

With the U.S. election less than a week away, the number of celebrities, public figures and everyday people threatening to migrate north should Donald Trump land in the White House are multiplying.

I guess we should feel flattered that our American neighbours consider us a suitable alternative. Like we're the best friend who takes you in after a terrible fight with your boyfriend. Yet, I can't help but feel like a jilted lover reduced to sloppy seconds. Or like first runner-up in a Miss USA pageant. Second choice doesn't really sit well.

Netflix chat show host Chelsea Handler rattled off a roster of celebrities on her show this week who intend to move to Canada should Trump prevail.

"I'm going to need to go to Canada if he [Trump] gets elected," she said. "I don't know what the rules are to move there but a lot of us are feeling that way. A lot of us are going to want to leave the country."

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Girls creator Lena Duhnam has set her sights on the West Coast. "I know a lovely place in Vancouver, and I can get my work done from there," she said.

Actor Bryan Cranston has also said he'll move to Canada if Trump is elected president. "Absolutely. I would definitely move. It's not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won't," Cranston told the Bestseller Experiment podcast when asked if he would take an extended holiday to Vancouver if Trump is elected.

"It wouldn't be a vacation. I'd be an expatriate," Cranston added.

More.........if you are at all interested......

Living In Canada Is A Privilege, Not A Consolation PrizeÂ*|Â*Heather Magee

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
That's just celebs blowing off a little steam. If you had 100 celebs in a room on election night, and the Donald wins, you'd be lucky to see one actually move.

Like Tom Cruise or someone threatening to leave the US is going to influence voters. :lol:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Not much will change if Trump is elected. Canada is pretty but there are plenty of places in the US to be a recluse. People assume the president has ultimate power. He/she doesn,t. They are head of the executive branch. There are two other branches of govt. that yield more power than the executive branch.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I for one would welcome Americans. They might have to leave their guns at home though, but aside from that, come on down. We are getting 420,000 immigrants starting in 2017, so please my friends apply by the thousand.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Not much will change if Trump is elected. Canada is pretty but there are plenty of places in the US to be a recluse. People assume the president has ultimate power. He/she doesn,t. They are head of the executive branch. There are two other branches of govt. that yield more power than the executive branch.

I suspect that these people, the high paid stars, are more concerned if Trump was Prez and the GOP had the Congress and Senate but at the same time the high paid stars are the ones to least likely feel any negative effects from a Trump/GOP government.

It's not like they would raise taxes on the wealthy and I'm not sure what other laws that combo would make that would effect them negatively.......

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I'd prefer if they brought their guns. Freedom isn't free. Some of the other immigrants from Europe might try and change things when they get here. Look at Europe.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Anyone that would leave when The Donald becomes Prez is not the kind of immigrants Canada wants.
Now if Clinton wins I can see accepting refugees escaping from the crime family.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
NYPD Reveals CHILD-SEX RING in Hillary Clinton Campaign & DNC involving Members of Congress + Fed. Judges; Evidence of Bribery, Money-Laundering, Depraved-Indifference Murder and more!
https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/2379
trump wins
here are the people that will try to claim Canada as a consolation prize
put em up in your town
hey...
if hitlary wins, maybe all her Canadian supporters will move south and stay there

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
if you were real so would you

really that was the loopiest logic i have ever seen
lol
seriously
its called epstien's island...
you know...the convicted pedo host....

Here Is Pedophile Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein's Little Black Book
Donald Trump, Courtney Love, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, and uber-lawyer Alan Dershowitz may have been identified by a butler as potential "material witnesses" to pedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein's crimes against young girls, according to a copy of Epstein's little black book obtained by Gawker....

An annotated copy of the address book, which also contains entries for Alec Baldwin, Ralph Fiennes, Griffin Dunne, New York Post gossip Richard Johnson, Ted Kennedy, David Koch, filmmaker Andrew Jarecki, and all manner of other people you might expect a billionaire to know, turned up in court proceedings after Epstein's former house manager Alfredo Rodriguez tried to sell it in 2009.

About 50 of the entries, including those of many of Epstein's suspected victims and accomplices as well as Trump, Love, Barak, Dershowitz, and others, were circled by Rodriguez. (The existence of the book has been previously reported by the Daily Mail.

Gawker is publishing it in full here for the first time; we have redacted addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and the last names of individuals who may have been underage victims.)
http://gawker.com/here-is-pedophile-billionaire-jeffrey-epsteins-little-b-1681383992

Both Trump And Clinton Went To Jeffrey Epstein's Sex Slave Island.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/5749/...nt-jeffrey-epsteins-sex-amanda-prestigiacomo#

great, they come here, we can do residential schools again

According to an FBI affidavit, Rodriguez described the address book and the information contained within it as the "Holy Grail" or "Golden Nugget" to unraveling Epstein's sprawling child-sex network. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1508099-rodriguez-fbi-affidavit.html
http://gawker.com/here-is-pedophile-billionaire-jeffrey-epsteins-little-b-1681383992

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You owe us. All your actors, celebrities, comedians, and athletes come here to make the big money.

Anyone that would leave when The Donald becomes Prez is not the kind of immigrants Canada wants.
Now if Clinton wins I can see accepting refugees escaping from the crime family.
Could you list these crimes you think the Clinton family has committed?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Yep, if you want to live in Canada you have to accept Canadian values. If not, leave!!

Here's just another example.

Copy/paste

Who can argue with such great logic? Now let us agree nation wide on this.
"PUT SOME PORK ON YOUR FORK"

A commercial promoting pork says:

The MAYOR REFUSES TO REMOVE PORK FROM SCHOOL CAFETERIA MENU AND EXPLAINS WHY:

Muslim parents demanded the abolition of pork in all the school canteens of a Montreal suburb.

The mayor of the Montreal suburb of Dorval has refused, and the town clerk sent a note to all parents to explain why.

"Muslims must understand that they have to adapt to Canada and Quebec, its customs, its traditions, and its way of life, because that's where they
chose to immigrate.

"Muslims must understand that they have to integrate and learn to live in Quebec."They must understand that it is for them to change their lifestyle, not the Canadians who, so generously, welcomed them.

"Muslims must understand that Canadians are neither racist nor xenophobic.Canada accepted many immigrants before Muslims showed up (whereas the reverse is not true, in that Muslim states do not accept non-Muslim immigrants)."

"Just like other nations, Canadians are not willing to give up their identity or their culture.

"And, if Canada is a land of welcome, it's not the Mayor of Dorval who welcomes
foreigners, but the Canadian-Quebecois people as a whole.

"Finally, they must understand that in Canada ( Quebec ) with its Judeo-Christian roots, Christmas trees, churches and religious festivals, religion must remain in the private domain."

The municipality of Dorval was right to refuse any concessions to Islam and Sharia.

"For Muslims who disagree with secularism and do not feel comfortable in Canada, there are 57 beautiful Muslim countries in the world, most of them
under-populated and ready to receive them with open halal arms in accordance with Sharia.

"If you left your country for Canada, and not for other Muslim countries, it is because you have considered that life is better in Canada than
elsewhere. We will not let you drag Canada down to the level of those 57 countries.

"Ask yourself this question - just once: "Why is it better here in Canada than where you come from?"
"A canteen with pork on the menu is part of the answer."

If you came to Canada with the idea that you will displace us with your prolific propagation and eventually take over the country, you should pack
up and go back to the country you came from.
We have no room here for you and your ideology.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Yep, if you want to live in Canada you have to accept Canadian values. If not, leave!!

Here's just another example.

Copy/paste

Who can argue with such great logic? Now let us agree nation wide on this.

A commercial promoting pork says:

The MAYOR REFUSES TO REMOVE PORK FROM SCHOOL CAFETERIA MENU AND EXPLAINS WHY:

Muslim parents demanded the abolition of pork in all the school canteens of a Montreal suburb.

The mayor of the Montreal suburb of Dorval has refused, and the town clerk sent a note to all parents to explain why.

"Muslims must understand that they have to adapt to Canada and Quebec, its customs, its traditions, and its way of life, because that's where they
chose to immigrate.

Wrong thread for that post. This one is about Americans whining about leaving if Trump wins. You want this one.......

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...9-consevative-party-leadership-contest-3.html