The Dope Farm

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
The Dope Farm
copyright 2016 - murphy

That's what the city fellow from Toronto called it.

He came over one day last spring, introduced himself and told me that he just bought the farm next to ours. He didn't look like the farmin' type. His hands was smooth, he smelled of cologne, and was wearin' a suit. I guess he figured he should dress up when he come over to meet us.

He asked if my cows ever got loose. I told him no, they only go where there's grass. He got all excited and said I gotta keep my cows tied up or something because if they got into his fields and started eatin' his grass it could make them sick. Besides, he got a license from the government to grow it.

I started laughin' and said, "That's nice mister, but you don't need a license to grow grass." (City folks sure are slow. I guess you need permits for everything in Toronto.)

He said his grass was different, winked at me and called it ganja.

I said, "Mister, you can call it whatever you want, but grass is grass. I told him that I grow it myself, and that I didn't have a license. He looked at me real serious and said I'd get arrested if I ever got caught.

He warned me that my animals better not get loose because his grass was expensive, and that he couldn't afford to lose any. For some reason, he didn't like my comment of, "Don't worry mister, It'll grow back."

I figured it must be that fancy grass rich people buy for their mansions and golf courses. I asked if it was Kentucky Bluegrass or somethin'. He gave me a funny look and said he never heard of that strain before. He said his was called sativa or indica or somethin'.

He said he figured to sell his grass for about $8 to $12 a gram. He told me most of it would be sold in Toronto.

I told him I never heard of them types of grass, but wished him luck. Then he said he had to go. He walked away shakin' his head and mutterin' to himself. What a strange guy!

When I told Ma what he said, we started laughin'. City folks must be pretty stupid. Just buy some seeds and grow it yourself!

No wonder he called it a dope farm. Only a dope would pay that much for grass!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
The Dope Farm
copyright 2016 - murphy

That's what the city fellow from Toronto called it.

He came over one day last spring, introduced himself and told me that he just bought the farm next to ours. He didn't look like the farmin' type. His hands was smooth, he smelled of cologne, and was wearin' a suit. I guess he figured he should dress up when he come over to meet us.

He asked if my cows ever got loose. I told him no, they only go where there's grass. He got all excited and said I gotta keep my cows tied up or something because if they got into his fields and started eatin' his grass it could make them sick. Besides, he got a license from the government to grow it.

I started laughin' and said, "That's nice mister, but you don't need a license to grow grass." (City folks sure are slow. I guess you need permits for everything in Toronto.)

He said his grass was different, winked at me and called it ganja.

I said, "Mister, you can call it whatever you want, but grass is grass. I told him that I grow it myself, and that I didn't have a license. He looked at me real serious and said I'd get arrested if I ever got caught.

He warned me that my animals better not get loose because his grass was expensive, and that he couldn't afford to lose any. For some reason, he didn't like my comment of, "Don't worry mister, It'll grow back."

I figured it must be that fancy grass rich people buy for their mansions and golf courses. I asked if it was Kentucky Bluegrass or somethin'. He gave me a funny look and said he never heard of that strain before. He said his was called sativa or indica or somethin'.

He said he figured to sell his grass for about $8 to $12 a gram. He told me most of it would be sold in Toronto.

I told him I never heard of them types of grass, but wished him luck. Then he said he had to go. He walked away shakin' his head and mutterin' to himself. What a strange guy!

When I told Ma what he said, we started laughin'. City folks must be pretty stupid. Just buy some seeds and grow it yourself!

No wonder he called it a dope farm. Only a dope would pay that much for grass!
Reminds me of an old story Andy Griffith use to tell about a hillbilly trying explain the game of football.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
wildwood weed
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyQi-1Z2tN8
you may have got the city country thing backwards murph

the song was writ in 1962
by a hillbilly

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015