Garry Shandling Dies at 66

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Comedian Garry Shandling, star of It’s Garry Shandling’s Show and The Larry Sanders Show, died Thursday.

Shandling was a five-time Emmy Award nominee for Lead Actor, and he grabbed gold once (with Peter Tolan) for Outstanding Writing. The comedian also amassed three American Comedy Awards across his career, 12 CableACE Awards, two Golden Globe nods and a pair of Writers Guild Award noms (both for Larry Sanders).

In addition to his two starring roles, Shandling appeared in Caroline in the City and The X-Files, and was a frequent fill-in host for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show. He also wrote episodes of Sanford and Son, The Harvey Korman Show and Welcome Back, Kotter, and was a three-time Emmys host in 2000, 2003 (as one of 11 comedian emcees) and 2004.

Garry Shandling Dead — ‘The Larry Sanders Show’ Star Dies | TVLine

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He was very witty, I thought. I don't always feel that way about the comedians that come from that part of the planet. Anyway, another smart, talented person dies young.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
wow.

I recently watched the episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Gary Shandling and he was very swollen looking.

I didn't realize that his health was that bad.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
wow.

I recently watched the episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Gary Shandling and he was very swollen looking.

I didn't realize that his health was that bad.
As I get older more and more of the people who are of my generation pass away. It's life but kind of sad in a sense. RIP I thought he was a pretty cool person.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
As I get older more and more of the people who are of my generation pass away. It's life but kind of sad in a sense. RIP I thought he was a pretty cool person.

My mother-in-law is 94. She says its hard having no one around of her own generation. Brothers, sisters, parents, cousins, etc all gone.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Maybe that's the best time for death. When you are tired of living.

The poor woman is as tough as an ox. Healthy as can be and just waiting for her turn.
I think if you are in chronic pain and you can't enjoy any of the things that you love to do because of that and all of your friends and family have passed on, then maybe you'd want to give it a rest I don't know. Everyone is different.

I guess Mr. Shandling was trying to get help on 911 when he collapsed. He was having chest pains the day before and his doctor told him to go to the ER but he waited. The next day he had a heart attack and didn't survive. I have high blood pressure and am on medication for that and an accelerated heart rate. My doctor gave me the warning signs of a heart attack and told me if I had any get to the ER immediately. You cannot wait hoping for the symptoms to go away.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, it was thrombosis ... what they warn you about after long flights. I don't see wby they waited, either. Sonething to do with his family, maybe.