Adele's new album

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
From Channel 4 sketch show Very Important People:

"21" was the best selling album on Earth in both 2011 and 2012.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Now you pay attention do you? I asked you nicely months ago, banned you a week and deleted other full page c&p's from you. It continues.

They are not original content.

Stop posting an entire website and it's photos as your post contributions here or they will be pruned and so will you.

A couple paragraphs and a link to more will do nicely thanks.

Have a sunny day.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nothing worse than bloody jobsworth moderators. They start out as normal posters like everyone else but as soon as they are given undeserved power over the "ordinary" peoples they turn into smug, humourless, officious, overbearing busybodies who think they are better than everyone else. In fact, they are just like the morons who work in local councils: you know the type, they come round to your home wearing a hi-viz jacket, a hard hat and a clipboard just to tell you that you are not using gardening shears which conform to local council safety regulations, Section 526, Sub-section 9.

It's about time all discussion forums everywhere got rid of moderators. There really is no need for them. They do nothing but stifle free speech and creativity and turn what could be good forums into forums which are about as much fun a Scottish peat bog at 3am in January.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Nothing worse than bloody jobsworth moderators. They start out as normal posters like everyone else but as soon as they are given undeserved power over the "ordinary" peoples they turn into smug, humourless, officious, overbearing busybodies who think they are better than everyone else. In fact, they are just like the morons who work in local councils: you know the type, they come round to your home wearing a hi-viz jacket, a hard hat and a clipboard just to tell you that you are not using gardening shears which conform to local council safety regulations, Section 526, Sub-section 9.

It's about time all discussion forums everywhere got rid of moderators. There really is no need for them. They do nothing but stifle free speech and creativity and turn what could be good forums into forums which are about as much fun a Scottish peat bog at 3am in January.

your fly is open.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Adele's first two albums have sold a total in excess of 40 million albums. Which makes her an industry phenomenon, one of the highest selling female artists of all time (behind only, i think, our own Shania Twain, but she might be on the verge of eclipsing her).

I really don't get it. I think she's moderately talented and entertaining.. has a nice bluesy voice, an energetic singing style... but her popularity comes from 20 something single white females.. who've grown out of the pop princess stage (like Taylor Swift).... by pandering to their relationship angst.

I'm out of the demographic and will not be buyer.. or an avid listener.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Some singers you'll hear one tune and you'll really like that song but then anything else they sing doesn't match that one tune. Others keep coming up with good songs one after another like Simon and Garfunkel, the Beatles,etc. I liked her fire through the rain tune ,,that's about it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Adele's new song, "Hello", has reached No1 in 28 countries.

In the US, it's already become the first song with over a million digital sales in a week.

The music video for the song broke the Vevo Records by achieving over 27.7 million views within a 24-hour span, held previously by Taylor Swift's "bad Blood" which accumulated 20.1 million views in that timeframe. It also broke the record for shortest time to attain 100 million Vevo views, previously held by Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball".