Martin Milner, Star of ‘Adam-12,’ ‘Route 66,’ Dies at 83

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Martin Milner Dead: ‘Adam-12,’ ‘Route 66’ Star Was 83 | Variety

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
RIP I always watched that show in high school. One Adan 12, one Adam 12 we have a 10-16...

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
83 is a decent stretch. Our sympathies to his family, friends, and fans.
Maybe I can catch an episode on youtube and see if I would have liked those shows.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
83 is a decent stretch. Our sympathies to his family, friends, and fans.
Maybe I can catch an episode on youtube and see if I would have liked those shows.
Adam-12 is considered a seminal cop show. It was highly lauded for showing "real" police patrol work: the boredom, the minor problems and issues that cops handle as the large majority of their jobs, the partner relationship, the rare but scary descent from ordinary, everyday society into psychotic violence.

Route 66 is described as "Two young adventurers in a Corvette explore early 60's social problems and changing mores, looking for the right place to settle down while seeking themselves. Debuting 3 years after "On the Road" transformed modern literature, while such newly available fast cars dominated the new teenage culture, Tod, an Ivy Leaguer, and Buz, an orphan from Hell's Kitchen, cruise the U.S.A. coping with shifting relationships and lifestyles."

--IMDB

It features one of the truly legendary American cars: the 1961 Chevrolet Corvette.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...HThuVIIQdWzdzjfh9LprnBUw&ust=1441804882505214

Not many people know that there was a short-lived re-make of Route 66 in the 90s, on the premise that the son of one of the original characters is in New York when he hears about his estranged father's death in California. He's his father's only heir, so he flies out to Los Angeles and goes to his father's rather crappy little house. He's poking around and opens the door into the garage, and there it is. . . the 'Vette. So he decides to drive the 'Vette cross-country back to New York. Four episodes, complete flop.

RIP I always watched that show in high school. One Adan 12, one Adam 12 we have a 10-16...
You're never right about anything, are you, Waltard?

"One-Adam-Twelve, One-Adam-Twelve, a 211 in progress. One-Adam-Twelve, handle Code Three."

A "211" is an armed robbery. "Code Three" is full lights and siren.

Last edited: