Statue of Lucille Ball terrorizes small town

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I don't know who approved this but it's not even close.........

“I think it looks like a monster. That is just my opinion,” said the campaign’s organizer—a Jamestown man who wishes to remain anonymous, presumably so when the Lucy statue comes alive at dusk to devour its enemies, it can’t find him. “When you see it at night, it is frightening.”

That man insists the statue should be replaced by another one that honors Ball’s “stunning beauty,” thus displaying the exact sort of sinful lust that it was created to warn him against. Still, it’s not so easy: Poulin has refused to even comment on his creation, wisely avoiding its revenge, while the Celoron mayor has said it would cost between $8,000 and $10,000 to have the statue recast. A fund has been set up to raise the money, though it’s unclear who among the people of Celoron would be brave enough to put their hand that close to Lucy’s mouth. Legend has it that all but the most virtuous will come away with nothing but a bloody stump and lots of ’splainin to do.

Statue of Lucille Ball terrorizes small town · Newswire · The A.V. Club

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
also looks like she is carrying a bottle of hooch, ya know just in case she scares someone to death, it'll numb the shock

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
also looks like she is carrying a bottle of hooch, ya know just in case she scares someone to death, it'll numb the shock

My guess on that is they were attempting a "Vitavetavegimin" homage. Came off rather fromage, if you ask me. :D

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
what a screw up eh, they can't seriously leave that zombieish thing there

it will terrify small babies and kill old ladies

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
well it's heavy enough to do a bit of damage...must be bronze right

and for those that survive the initial fall, well, they'll have to look at it....8O

wtf, how does something like this even happen...

Remember when they used to advertise "Art College" on the back of matchbooks? Maybe they commissioned a drop out? LOL

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
and for those that survive the initial fall, well, they'll have to look at it....8O

Remember when they used to advertise "Art College" on the back of matchbooks? Maybe they commissioned a drop out? LOL
my gawd I think you are right

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Always liked Lucy My youngest daughter loved to watch I love Lucy reruns. My favorite of hers was her last performance in a movie called Stone Pillow. She played a homeless Lady.