Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation found he did assault a producer in a row over steak and chips

Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation concluded he did attack a producer on the programme.

Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday after considering the findings of an internal investigation.

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC - Telegraph

If you scroll down you can see his replacement Chris Evans -- he's the ponce in the oversized glasses.

related: Brendan O’Neill - Hating Jeremy Clarkson: the moral glue of the...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If that's the case, I hope Clarkson sues those Lefties at the BBC like he said he would if he got sacked.

He'll just take Top Gear over to a rival channel. The BBC is about to lose its most popular programme and 350 million global viewers. Top Gear is, rememebr, the most-watched factual show on Earth and the BBC is now at risk of losing its flagship show. Other channels, such as ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5, will now go out of their way to get Clarkson, Hammond and May to take Top Gear to their station.

Clarkson will come out better than the BBC in this.

Also, Top Gear just wouldn't work with Chris Evans or any other numpty in place of Clarkson. Clarkson, Hammond and May have a unique chemistry together - they are best mates - and the show will just not be the same without Mr Top Gear himself. Not many people will want to watch the show without Jeremy, and certainly not with that annoying git Evans.

Just give it a few weeks or a few months and the BBC will soon be begging for Clarkson to come back.

I just don't know why the Lefties at the BBC are taking so long. The incident happened over a fortnight ago. We all know what happened. Why can't they just hurry up? What are they doing?

Although the media don't know for definite if Clarkson is to be sacked. The Telegraph can come out with all sorts of rumours (especially that that newspaper, once nicknamed The Torygraph, is now yet another institution to have been taken over by Left-wingers, and it has been printing all sorts of childish articles about Clarkson and Top Gear recently), but Clarkson tweeted just over half an hour ago that he has heard nothing yet from Al-Bibisiyah.

Also, BBC Radio 2 and BBC One's The One Show host Chris Evans, who has a selection of luxury cars and has a motoring column in the Daily Mail, has ruled himself out of hosting the show:

Jeremy Clarkson: 'I haven't heard a thing'

BBC Entertainment & Arts
25 March 2015

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson says he "hasn't heard a thing", after press reports suggested the BBC would sack him on Wednesday.

The Daily Telegraph reported that the star would be dropped after an internal investigation concluded he had attacked a producer on the show.

It said director general Tony Hall would explain that such behaviour could not be tolerated at the BBC.

Clarkson tweeted a rebuttal of the story on Wednesday morning.

"Just to keep everyone up to date, I haven't heard a thing," he wrote, shortly before 10:00 GMT.

The BBC also says no final decision had been made on Clarkson's future.

"When we have an outcome, we will announce it," said a BBC spokesman.

Petition

Clarkson was suspended 15 days ago following an alleged "fracas" with producer Oisin Tymon.

The row was said to have occurred because no hot food was laid on for the presenter following a day's filming in North Yorkshire.

An internal investigation began last week, led by Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland.

Mr Tymon did not file a formal complaint and it is understood Clarkson reported himself to BBC bosses.

The BBC's director of television, Danny Cohen, felt he had no choice but to suspend the presenter pending an investigation.

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond have presented Top Gear together since 2003

The decision caused an outpouring of support from Top Gear fans, with more than a million people signing an online petition to reinstate him.

Whatever the outcome of the BBC's inquiry, the motoring show is expected to continue.

It is one of BBC Two's most popular programmes, and overseas sales generate an estimated £50m a year for the corporation's commercial arm, BBC Worldwide.

Whether Clarkson's co-presenters James May and Richard Hammond would continue in his absence has yet to be confirmed.

All three have their contracts up for renewal this year.

Classic car collector Chris Evans, who has his own motoring column in the Daily Mail, has been talked about as a potential replacement for Clarkson

Meanwhile Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans, who has been touted as a potential replacement for Clarkson, has ruled himself out of the running.

"Not only is it not true, it's absolute nonsense," he told listeners on Wednesday morning.

"From what I've seen on Twitter and various social media, there's a 50/50 split approximately as to whether me being involved in the show is a good idea.

"In TV or radio, if you get a 50/50 love/hate reaction that usually equals massive hit. I used to work for [ratings body] Barb and knock on people's doors and this was the rule of thumb.

"However, I'm in the no camp. So regardless of whether it would be a hit, I'm voting a no for myself on that show, so that's never going happen.

"And that's the end of that."

Chris Evans' Daily Mail motoring column: Chris Evans Event for The Mail on Sunday | Daily Mail Online

Jeremy Clarkson: 'I haven't heard a thing' - BBC News

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
As Al-Bibisiyah confirms that it has sacked Jeremy Clarkson - Jeremy Clarkson dropped from Top Gear, BBC confirms - BBC News - and therefore, rather laughably, putting their most popular show in danger of being snatched up by a rival channel (Hammond and May refuse to film more episodes without Clarkson, so expect Top Gear to move somewhere like ITV1 or Channel 4), The Telegraph's Brendan o'Neill hopes that the liberal elite which runs Britain are happy now that they've defeated Clarkson......

The dogmatic liberal elite have finally kicked out Jeremy Clarkson. I hope they're happy

The PC brigade's clamour to sack him from Top Gear was never about his alleged fracas with producer Oison Tymon, but his willingness to challenge a craven consensus

By Brendan O'Neill
25 Mar 2015
The Telegraph
440 Comments

I don’t watch Top Gear. I’m not particularly a fan of Jeremy Clarkson’s humour (for PC-ridiculing laughs, give me Joan Rivers, Peace Be Upon Her, over Jezza any day of the week).

And yet, I’m gutted to hear that the BBC has given Clarkson the big heave-ho over his fracas with that producer who didn’t have his dinner ready on time.

Why? Because it’s further evidence of the Beeb’s self-emasculation, its sheepish, apologetic jettisoning of anything that might rile right-thinking viewers or make Hampstead-dwelling licence fee-payers choke on their Ovaltine.

With the elbowing aside of JC, we are witnessing not simply the sacking of an employee over a scuffle, but the willingness of a scandal-stung, crisis-ridden BBC to ditch anything that has the whiff of controversy and to bend its knee to the bland, larks-free worldview of the right-on.

In the oceans of ink that have been spilt over Clarksongate, or Punchgate, or whatever gate this is, the least convincing commentary has been that which tries to convince us this is just a workplace disciplinary matter.

Just as you or I would be sacked if we walloped a co-worker, especially someone below us in the pecking order, so Clarkson deserves the boot too, says his army of haters in the media and on Twitter.

Please. If this were a simple punishment-for-physicality issue, why has so much of the Clarkson-baiting commentary obsessed over what Clarkson thinks and says?

The focus hasn’t been on what he allegedly did with his fists in that hotel, but on what he does with his brain and his mouth the rest of the time: agitate the PC; annoy the eco-friendly; spout values that We — as in that infinitesimally small number of people who work in politics and the media — consider to be toxic and wicked.

Witness how seamlessly all the “Sack Clarkson” commentary moved between saying “You can’t punch your work colleagues" (which is true) to slamming Clarkson for his “xenophobic remarks" (that is, his off-colour jokes) and for "pushing the boundaries of… political correctness”.

The humourless, PC, left-wingers who run the BBC have now ruined their most popular show ever, which was watched by 350 million people globally

They pose as caring protectors of BBC staff from physical abuse, but in truth the Clarkson-bashers are pursuing a culture war, a moral crusade, against the presenter they love to hate and against the words and ideas he projects from the TV into the little people’s heads.

Their glee with Clarkson’s sacking is deeply dishonest. Under the cover of supporting the stamping-out of workplace harassment, they've actually instituted a media kangaroo court trying Clarkson for joke crimes.

Their main interest is not in protecting a BBC producer’s face from Clarkson’s fists — it’s in protecting the public’s ears, and our allegedly putty-like brains, from Clarkson’s words, from his consensus-pricking, fast-car loving, two-fingered salute to modern liberal orthodoxies.

Who should replace Clarkson?

They want him off the Beeb because they think he pollutes it, and by extension the British public, with unacceptable ideas. And now, cravenly, like a hostage reading from a script written by his captors, the BBC has capitulated and got rid of one of the jewels in its crown, the man who made it millions of pounds and won it millions of viewers around the world.

What gobsmacking idiocy. The BBC had already, in recent years, offered up its cojones for a public kicking, becoming an increasingly wimpish, risk-dodging sorry excuse for a public broadcaster.

Lately it has issued craven apologies for everything from accidentally showing a picture of Prince William with a ***** doodled on his head, to Holly Willoughby’s decision to wear a dress with a plunging necklineduring an episode of The Voice, to a radio skit in which the comedic presenters joked — joked! — about curing Clare Balding of homosexuality.

In 2013, it apologised, and scrubbed from its public record, a Comic Relief sketch in which Rowan Atkinson, playing a bishop, compared One Direction to Jesus’s apostles, after 2,000 people complained about it.

In this era of ostentatious offence-taking, where everyone complains about everything and arrogantly expects to be taken seriously, the BBC has become better at producing apologies than it has at producing culture. And the Savile scandal hasn’t helped, having the effect of making the BBC super-sensitive to every sting of criticism that comes its way.

Now, to top it all, it has ditched its one remaining purveyor of non-chattering class views; its last, and best-known, offence-giver and etiquette-spurner. Well done, liberal elite. You've won. You've made the Beeb as bland as you are.

I won't miss Clarkson on Top Gear, because I didn’t watch him on it. But millions and millions of people, here and abroad, will miss him.

And all of us, Clarkson fans or not, should be worried that the BBC has finally been completely colonised by the dead, dogmatic, fun-free outlook of a minuscule, if hugely influential, section of British society.

The dogmatic liberal elite have finally kicked out Jeremy Clarkson. I hope they're happy - Telegraph

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

I think there’s a left-wing hysteria about him. He’s the standard bearer for "unacceptable" attitudes which makes me instinctively want to support him.

- London's Tory Mayor Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson on Jeremy Clarkson

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
well hopefully that's not the end of Top Gear. I quite like this show.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
His off colour jokes, poor excuse for humour aside, getting into a physical altercation over "hot food" shows how childish he is and how much he needs to grow up and grow a set. That kind of behaviour wouldn't be acceptable in the private sector, and it sure as hell shouldn't be acceptable in the BBC.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Never heard of him. Never heard of his show.

Was he the inspiration for Roger Mellie, Man on the Telly?

No. He and his fellow hosts have nearly every man's dream job. They get to drive high end luxury vehicles and super cars on some of the worlds best race tracks. They also travel the world competing in made up races with made up criteria. They have a great segment where they take a famous person, put them in a reasonably priced car and they get to race around a track with their best time going up on a board with all the other famous people who've driven the reasonably priced car.

it's a great show, imo.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Good people can still do bad things.

He's lucky his job is all that was lost.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Never seen the show. I watch PBSs Motorweek.. that always puts some practical form of conveyance with a dream machine in its road tests, all done with reasonable and accessible reference to perfomance and technology.. without a lot of the nonsense and hyperbole this show seems to rely on. I doubt i'd miss it, even if i could watch it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
His off colour jokes, poor excuse for humour aside

Nothing wrong with Clarkson's humour. Unlike the modern, Lefty BBC, he actually has one.

getting into a physical altercation over "hot food" shows how childish he is and how much he needs to grow up and grow a set.

And yet you had just spent around 12

That kind of behaviour wouldn't be acceptable in the private sector, and it sure as hell shouldn't be acceptable in the BBC.
Why don't you just admit that the Irishman he punched has one of those very punchable faces and that Clarkson settled the matter like a man. As many of Clarkson's fans have pointed out: this guy was probably one of those annoying BBC left-wing types who was probably also trying to tell the hugely successful Clarkson how to do his job.

This Tymon figure has hopefully learned from this that, after a hard day's work, a man expects to have hot food on his plate, not cold.

James May hinted yesterday that he and Richard Hammond may also be about to leave the most-watched factual TV show in the world.

He said that Clarkson's departure from Top Gear was a 'tragedy' and that the trio 'came as a package', while Hammond said the move marked 'the end of an era'.

Asked if he will stay at Top Gear, May said: 'Erm, well I don't want to talk about that too much but I think we are very much the three of us as a package.

'It works for very complicated reasons that a lot of people don't fully understand. So that will require a lot of careful thought.'

He added: 'I'm sure Top Gear will continue in some way. It existed before us and it has been reformatted several times.'

Asked about a possible replacement for Clarkson and who he would like to work with, he said: 'Much as I think he's a k**b I quite like working with Jeremy.'

He also commented: 'I don't really have anything to say about it. It's a tragedy. I'm sorry that what ought to have been a small incident sorted out easily has turned into something big.'

May also changed his Twitter biography to describe himself as a 'former TV presenter.'

An official statement from his agent later added that May's involvement in the show requires 'much thought and deliberation'.

Insiders have also revealed that Andy Wilman, the executive producer who created the show's modern format with Clarkson, will also refuse to make any further episodes without the former frontman.

So it seems that Top Gear's days are numbered, rather than the show just getting one, two or three new presenters.

But fear not Top Gear fans. I'm sure Clarkson, Hammond and May will be snatched up by one of the BBC's rival channels - like ITV or Sky - where they will present another show just like Top Gear. It'll be Top Gear in all but name.

Clarkson has been presenting Top Gear - which has had many presenters over the years - since 1988. When Clarkson joined the show it was just an ordinary run-of-the-mill, boring car show. But it was in the early 2000s that he got together with his friend and producer Andy Wilman to revamp the show and turn it from a mundane show featuring ordinary family cars to the fun-filled, action-packed show it is today packed with hilarious challenges and foreign adventures.

Richard Hammond and James May 'to follow sacked Jeremy Clarkson out of Top Gear'

BBC's creative director wants May and Hammond to stick with Top Gear

But May said the trio 'come as a package' and called sacking a 'tragedy'

Hammond added that Clarkson's departure marked 'the end of an era'

Insiders say pair will not make further episodes without former frontman

By Steph Cockroft for MailOnline
26 March 2015
Top Gear

Jeremy Clarkson's fellow presenters are reportedly set to quit Top Gear, despite the corporation insisting the show still has a future.

James May and Richard Hammond are said to be considering stepping down as co-stars of the BBC 2 programme, following Clarkson's dramatic sacking yesterday afternoon.

Insiders have also revealed that Andy Wilman, the executive producer who created the show's modern format with Clarkson, will also refuse to make any further episodes without the former frontman.

The 54-year-old was dropped by the BBC yesterday afternoon after an internal investigation found he had launched an 'unprovoked' 30-second physical attack on producer Oisin Tymon because he was offered a plate of cold cuts instead of steak and chips.

James May yesterday said Jeremy Clarkson's sacking was a 'tragedy' and that the Top Gear trio 'came as a package', prompting speculation that May and Richard Hammond are also set to leave the BBC

Disappointed: When asked about who would replace Clarkson (pictured right leaving his home yesterday), James May (pictured left outside his home yesterday) said that he 'liked' working with the 54-year-old

Last night, the BBC's creative director Alan Yentob made it clear he wanted May and Hammond to continue presenting the show without their frontman.

But both co-stars have separately hinted that they could leave the show behind, following the controversial sacking.

The Times also reports that the duo, along with Mr Wilman, will refuse to make any further episodes.

The news has put the future of the top-rating show into doubt, prompting mounting speculation about who could take over the reins.

James May said yesterday that Clarkson's departure was a 'tragedy' and that the trio 'came as a package', while Hammond said the move marked 'the end of an era'.

All three men had been offered new three-year deals with the BBC, which were due to start at the end of this month. But after news emerged of the 'fracas', the renewal of all the contracts was put on hold pending an investigation.

Yesterday, Lord Hall, the director-general of the corporation, publicly announced that the BBC would not be renewing Clarkson's contract, saying he had 'crossed the line'. But the future of May and Hammond remains unclear.

Keeping quiet: James May said that he, Clarkson and Richard Hammond 'come as a package', suggesting all three will now leave the BBC show. Could the trio now take Top Gear - or a show just like it - to one of the BBC's rival channels?

BBC's creative director Alan Yentob said it was 'perfectly natural' for Hammond and May to have reservations about continuing Top Gear without their co-star Jeremy Clarkson

Watch a clip of a young Jeremy Clarkson's first ever car review on old Top Gear, 1988:

Jeremy Clarkson's first appearance on Top Gear - YouTube

Last night, Mr Yentob said he hoped the pair would stay on the show. But he admitted the trio were 'very attached'.

He also told the Media Show that it was 'perfectly natural' for the pair to have reservations about continuing Top Gear without Clarkson.

He said: 'It's perfectly natural for them. They are a team they have worked together for a very long time, they are all very attached.

'If Jeremy is not in it and Richard and James are, that needs to be a conversation with them as well. They need to be happy about what's going on and where they think the programme needs to be.'

Top Gear started in 1977, with Angela Rippon (above) its first presenter. Other presenters have included Tiff Needell, Noel Edmonds , Quentin Willson and Julia Bradbury. Clarkson has hosted the show since 1988, but it wasn't until the early 2000s that he helped to revamp the show and turn it from a simple motoring magazine to a show filled with action-packed adventures and challenges. He teamed up with Hammond and May in 2003 and, since then, it has become the most-watched factual television show on Earth, drawing in 350 million viewers each week.

He added: 'The question of what happens next for Top Gear is a conversation which must go on between the controller of BBC2 Kim Shillinglaw, between Andy (Wilman - producer of Top Gear) and the team.'

And asked outright whether the pair would stay working for the show, he said: 'I hope so'.

Support: Richard Hammond tweeted that it was a 'sad end to an era' in hint that all three will leave the BBC

End of an era: James May hinted he could leave the BBC show after changing his Twitter biography to say he was a 'former TV presenter'. Clarkson also changed his to say he 'used to be a presenter on Top Gear'

But speaking to reporters outside his west London home yesterday, May appeared to suggest he would follow Clarkson out of the BBC.

Asked if he will stay at Top Gear, May said: 'Erm, well I don't want to talk about that too much but I think we are very much the three of us as a package.

Alan Yentob, BBC's creative director, has insisted Top Gear has a future and says he wants May and Hammond to continue working with the show

'It works for very complicated reasons that a lot of people don't fully understand. So that will require a lot of careful thought.'

He added: 'I'm sure Top Gear will continue in some way. It existed before us and it has been reformatted several times.'

Asked about a possible replacement for Clarkson and who he would like to work with, he said: 'Much as I think he's a k**b I quite like working with Jeremy.'

He also commented: 'I don't really have anything to say about it. It's a tragedy. I'm sorry that what ought to have been a small incident sorted out easily has turned into something big.'

May also changed his Twitter biography to describe himself as a 'former TV presenter.'

An official statement from his agent later added that May's involvement in the show requires 'much thought and deliberation'.

They said: 'James was disappointed to hear that the BBC will not be renewing Jeremy's contract, however understands that it will have been a difficult deliberation all round and respects the decision.

'As to the future of Top Gear, it existed before its current format and will no doubt continue to do so. James' involvement in that future requires much thought, deliberation and conversation between many people, and at this moment further speculation on that is not useful.

'James will be making no further comment at this time.'

Meanwhile, Hammond also commented that all three presenters were 'idiots in our different ways' but they had had 'an incredible ride.'

He tweeted: 'Gutted at such a sad end to an era. We're all three of us idiots in our different ways but it's been an incredible ride together.'

Today, Hammond's website, which gives details of his career and which was working earlier this week, could not be accessed.

May has previously fronted several other TV programmes, including the popular James May's Toy Stories and Oz and James' Big Wine Adventure. Among Hammond's other work projects, he has presented Total Wipeout and Sky 1's Braniac: Science Abuse.

He is also fronting series two of Science of Stupid which is currently on the National Geographic Channel.

Clarkson, May and Hammond were scheduled to take part in four live Top Gear shows in Norway this week, but it was announced on Sunday that they had been postponed.

Lord Hall also added yesterday that the BBC wanted to 'bring Top Gear back in good shape'.

A spokesman for the BBC declined to comment on the future of May and Clarkson.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think the point is that the Briddish right considers it acceptable to assault your co-workers, and anyone who disagrees is a lefty Commie Muzzie queer.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think the point is that the Briddish right considers it acceptable to assault your co-workers, and anyone who disagrees is a lefty Commie Muzzie queer.

I wonder what would have happened if a BBC employee punched Nigel Farage. Would he have been sacked? What do you think? Somehow, the BBC would then suddenly consider it acceptable to physically assault somebody.

Also, Clarkson hasn't been sacked because he punched someone. Clarkson has been sacked because he is not lefty, liberal enough for the BBC's tastes. Basically, he shares the views of anyone living north of Watford rather than the views of Guardian-reading, Fairtrade coffee-drinking right-on liberals in Islington or Shoreditch. They just needed an excuse to finally get rid of him and now they have one. But they've been looking to get rid of him for years.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I wonder what would have happened if a BBC employee punched Nigel Farage. Would he have been sacked? What do you think? Somehow, the BBC would then suddenly consider it acceptable to physically assault somebody.

Also, Clarkson hasn't been sacked because he punched someone. Clarkson has been sacked because he is not lefty, liberal enough for the BBC's tastes. Basically, he shares the views of anyone living north of Watford rather than the views of Guardian-reading, Fairtrade coffee-drinking right-on liberals in Islington or Shoreditch. They just needed an excuse to finally get rid of him and now they have one. But they've been looking to get rid of him for years.
Yeah, committing a crime and endangering a co-worker is "just an excuse" for firing somebody.

As far as your questions, you already know the answers. Because you've already proven your inability to distinguish between a fact and a speculation.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yeah, committing a crime and endangering a co-worker is "just an excuse" for firing somebody.

Yes. It is. The BBC and the lefty Establishment have been looking to get rid of Clarkson for years for holding views which are not deemed PC and left-wing enough for the BBC. They just needed a good excuse to get rid of him, and this was it. He was sacked because he holds views that most people north of Watford hold, rather than the views of the Guardian-reading, mung-bean-eaters in Islington, which are the views that the BBC wants its presenters to have now. He wasn't sacked because he punched someone. He was sacked because he's not left-wing.

The left-wing, liberal British Establishment which runs the country - a tiny proportion of the population but which is extremely powerful - doesn't like Top Gear because it is a masculine, "macho" show aimed mainly at men. In fact, it's one of the few shows in modern Britain today which is still aimed mainly at men, and so the left have been out to get it.

With the BBC having now destroyed their most successful TV show, with Hammond and May also ready to quit, the Beeb now have a good excuse to ditch Top Gear (thus ruining it for 350 million people worldwide) and replace it with yet another show for the ladies that dominate modern British TV, involving cooking, sewing, giving birth, or a combination of the three.

As far as your questions, you already know the answers.
Yes, I know the answer to the question "What would happen if a right-on, liberal BBC presenter punched somebody like Mr Farage. Would he be sacked?" and so do you. We ALL know the answer to that, don't we?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes. It is. The BBC and the lefty Establishment have been looking to get rid of Clarkson for years for holding views which are not deemed PC and left-wing enough for the BBC. They just needed a good excuse to get rid of him, and this was it. He was sacked because he holds views that most people north of Watford hold, rather than the views of the Guardian-reading, mung-bean-eaters in Islington, which are the views that the BBC wants its presenters to have now. He wasn't sacked because he punched someone. He was sacked because he's not left-wing.

The left-wing, liberal British Establishment which runs the country - a tiny proportion of the population but which is extremely powerful - doesn't like Top Gear because it is a masculine, "macho" show aimed mainly at men. In fact, it's one of the few shows in modern Britain today which is still aimed mainly at men, and so the left have been out to get it.

With the BBC having now destroyed their most successful TV show, with Hammond and May also ready to quit, the Beeb now have a good excuse to ditch Top Gear (thus ruining it for 350 million people worldwide) and replace it with yet another show for the ladies that dominate modern British TV, involving cooking, sewing, giving birth, or a combination of the three.

Yes, I know the answer to the question "What would happen if a right-on, liberal BBC presenter punched somebody like Mr Farage. Would he be sacked?" and so do you. We ALL know the answer to that, don't we?
All those of us who are unable to distinguish between facts and speculations do.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
All those of us who are unable to distinguish between facts and speculations do.

Well as somebody who has lived in Britain for nearly 34 years and has spent many years watching Top Gear, I know more about this than you do.

Clarkson wasn't sacked because he punched somebody. The BBC sacked him because he doesn't hold the same left-wing, PC views that they hold. He isn't really one of them. He's more like the ordinary man on the street. The BBC have been trying to get rid of him for a long time now. They just needed an excuse to get rid of him, and this was it.

As for Top Gear, the Establishment doesn't like that either, with it being one of the very few shows on TV today aimed at males. It's too "macho", "laddish" and masculine for the modern Establishment's liking. I expect it'll soon be replaced by another show showing sweating, red-faced women giving birth.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well as somebody who has lived in Britain for nearly 34 years and has spent many years watching Top Gear, I know more about this than you do.

Clarkson wasn't sacked because he punched somebody. The BBC sacked him because he doesn't hold the same left-wing, PC views that they hold. He isn't really one of them. He's more like the ordinary man on the street. The BBC have been trying to get rid of him for a long time now. They just needed an excuse to get rid of him, and this was it.

As for Top Gear, the Establishment doesn't like that either, with it being one of the very few shows on TV today aimed at males. It's too "macho", "laddish" and masculine for the modern Establishment's liking. I expect it'll soon be replaced by another show showing sweating, red-faced women giving birth.

None of which is relevant to your inability to distinguish a fact, which is something demonstrable, and a speculation on how things "would be" in a hypothetical.

100 years ago you would be saying that it was a fact that tiny, poor Ireland could never become independent from Briddan.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
None of which is relevant to your inability to distinguish a fact, which is something demonstrable, and a speculation on how things "would be" in a hypothetical.

100 years ago you would be saying that it was a fact that tiny, poor Ireland could never become independent from Briddan.

I'm only dealing in facts here. I live in the real world.

The BBC and the left have been out to get Clarkson for a long time for holding views they don't find palatable but which are probably supported by 95% of the UK population outside of the Home Counties and London. They just needed an excuse to get rid of him, and this was it. He was sacked for his non-PC, non-Guardianista views, not because he punched someone.

Now let that be the end of the matter.