The Drop Box Film

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Anyone heard of this movie yet? It will be released next month.

Every human life is sacred and worthy of love

Hundreds of unwanted babies are abandoned on the streets of Seoul, South Korea, every year, forgotten by the surrounding culture.

The Drop Box is a documentary about the work of Pastor Lee Jong-rak and his heroic efforts to embrace and protect his community’s most vulnerable children. By installing a drop box outside his home, Pastor Lee provides a safe haven to babies who would otherwise be abandoned on the streets to die.

It’s a heart-wrenching exploration of the physical and emotional toll associated with providing refuge to save those deemed unwanted by society.

But it’s also a story of hope. And a celebration of the reality that every human life is sacred, has a purpose and is worthy of love.

Pastor Lee Jong-rak

The Drop Box Film - Award-Winning Documentary About Life

author of What's So Amazing About Grace?
Without fanfare, one ordinary man in a poor neighborhood of Seoul, Korea, has now saved almost 600 babies from certain death. He embodies the grace that I write about. I'll never forget my visit to Pastor Lee's home, a day I relived over and over as I watched the film The Drop Box.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I haven't heard of it, from the sounds though that'll be a "one day when I feel strong enough to take it" kind of films.

They should have drop boxes at every hospital, no questions asked. Yes, people should take responsibility for the lives they create but if it comes down to keeping one baby out of a dumpster, I say let them off the hook.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I haven't heard of it, from the sounds though that'll be a "one day when I feel strong enough to take it" kind of films.

They should have drop boxes at every hospital, no questions asked. Yes, people should take responsibility for the lives they create but if it comes down to keeping one baby out of a dumpster, I say let them off the hook.
It's funny you should mention the "hospitals everywhere Drop Box"...because I was just sitting here thinking...why don't we have this?

No questioned asked. Just drop the baby in the box and leave.

I think I'm in a head space right now where I could watch it. I'd have to try it and might have to walk out. I would rather watch it at home really. But I agree, it has to be when one is able to. It's a very emotional issue. Just the trailer made me cry. Not in a bad way but the pastor is a gift to humanity.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's funny you should mention the "hospitals everywhere Drop Box"...because I was just sitting here thinking...why don't we have this?

No questioned asked. Just drop the baby in the box and leave.

I think I'm in a head space right now where I could watch it. I'd have to try it and might have to walk out. I would rather watch it at home really. But I agree, it has to be when one is able to. It's a very emotional issue. Just the trailer made me cry. Not in a bad way but the pastor is a gift to humanity.

We have some.

Two Edmonton hospitals latest to offer drop-offs for unwanted infants | CTV News

And of course there are critics.

U.N. Criticizes Europe’s Drop Boxes for Unwanted Babies | TIME.com

That'll have to be some Saturday morning when I'm up at 6am because while I'm not one to get teary eyed at just any movie, stuff like this affects me for at least a day or so. I'd need time to recover.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
a global ban from the UN because it infringes on

“the right of the child to be known and cared for by his or her parents.”

what are they smoking?

here's a Date Line piece on his drop box