Donna Douglas RIP

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
When viewed on our neighborhood TV it was taken it be reality TV. Pretty, but not hot when compared to Jeanie.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Loved Ellie Mae and her critters. Her accent was genuine and she seemed like a genuinely nice Lady. She was also in an Elvis Presley movie ,,Frankie and Johnnie I believe was the name. That movie didn't do well.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We had a older guy in camp that used to call out cook "Elie May', the cook thought it was because she came from California, nobody had the heart to tell her it was due to her cooking. Only woman I ever knew could cook an egg sunny side up and when you put a squirt of ketchup on the top it would slide off the egg completely thanks to the healthy covering of bacon grease. Cookies were her specialty if I remember correctly

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She sure was beautiful and I've heard it said that she was a genuine sweetheart to everyone.

Yep, very sad and hard to believe. Possibly one of the best T.V. comedies over the years!

I see Little Jimmy Dickens is also dead at the age of 94. Just a sad day all round! There's very few of the bona fide C & W singers left.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She sure was beautiful and I've heard it said that she was a genuine sweetheart to everyone.

Yeah, it's hard to believe she was 81. It only seemed like yesterday I wouldn't have kicked her out of bed for eating crackers!:)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Never heard of her.
Your loss. She was a prepubescent boy's dream back in the 60's. It's just like I ha never heard of Elaine Paige until Susan Boyle mentioned her in Her BGT debut.

Last edited: