Bill Cosby performs

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
As of last night, up to 16 accusers have come forward. He likely has an army of lawyers. It can't go to court. He is likely gagged so he can't speak out, besides, what's to say?

He won't ever hit the stage again if he is smart he will just STFU and go live under a rock somewhere like the scum that he is.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As of last night, up to 16 accusers have come forward. He likely has an army of lawyers. It can't go to court. He is likely gagged so he can't speak out, besides, what's to say?

He won't ever hit the stage again if he is smart he will just STFU and go live under a rock somewhere like the scum that he is.

It's scary when you think of all the celebs and others out there who's true colours have yet to emmerge!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, about as funny as a house full of tarantulas!

I remember hearing his earlier stuff and it was extremely funny. He has changed his targets over the years but still been funny. The courts will decide the other stuff but it would not stop me from seeing him in concert if the tickets weren't insanely overpriced.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Regardless of his personal choices, Bill Cosby is a funny man.

I think the term 'personal choices' may understate the severity of the accusations, these "choices" even if only partially accurate, are quite sick. Regardless, I can't see myself enjoying the humour of someone whom I know, believe or even suspect of acts that are so atrocious.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I remember hearing his earlier stuff and it was extremely funny. He has changed his targets over the years but still been funny. The courts will decide the other stuff but it would not stop me from seeing him in concert if the tickets weren't insanely overpriced.

Speaking for myself I'm not overly keen on subsidizing a predator!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think the term 'personal choices' may understate the severity of the accusations, these "choices" even if only partially accurate, are quite sick. Regardless, I can't see myself enjoying the humour of someone whom I know, believe or even suspect of acts that are so atrocious.

Again, that stuff is for the courts (civil or criminal). I don't look at the personal resume when I watch somebody on stage. If he is worth the price of admission, I will go. But if you look at him and all you see is what he did in his personal life, then it certainly would diminish the experience. (I am not saying that approach is wrong just that I don't prescribe to it.)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Again, that stuff is for the courts (civil or criminal). I don't look at the personal resume when I watch somebody on stage. If he is worth the price of admission, I will go. But if you look at him and all you see is what he did in his personal life, then it certainly would diminish the experience. (I am not saying that approach is wrong just that I don't prescribe to it.)

I don't understand how it can be completely ignored, and I'm not trying to be judgemental here, I'm really not. It's a sincere question.

I mean I don't look at someone's personal resume either, it's one of the reasons why I don't peruse celebrity "news" (gossip), I have no interest in someone's personal life. I'd rather not know too much about them to be honest, it takes away from the experience. Take Mel Gibson for example, I used to enjoy his quirky funny persona in films but after those whack-a-doo diatribes of his, I really can't stand to watch him. I just sincerely can't understand how what you know doesn't inform what you're experiencing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Sort of like SUBSCRIBING to Attila the Hun cracking jokes...............................Nah!

I don't understand how it can be completely ignored, and I'm not trying to be judgemental here, I'm really not. It's a sincere question.

I mean I don't look at someone's personal resume either, it's one of the reasons why I don't peruse celebrity "news" (gossip), I have no interest in someone's personal life. I'd rather not know too much about them to be honest, it takes away from the experience. Take Mel Gibson for example, I used to enjoy his quirky funny persona in films but after those whack-a-doo diatribes of his, I really can't stand to watch him. I just sincerely can't understand how what you know doesn't inform what you're experiencing.

Maybe there's slight difference, Bill is being himself, Mel's personality was altered by alcohol!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I wonder how many went to the show just to get a ticket and related mementos for future ebay sales. In the social media era his potential court case could exceed the scrutiny of OJ Simpson. Speaking of which, there must be enormous pressure on district attorneys to prosecute. The evidence will likely be very thin, mostly circumstantial and character evidence. Everyone will get dragged through the mud. It will be news gong show like no other.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The trouble with being rich and famous is the amount of gold diggers that hang around. Nothing any of them say can be believed.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
16 of them?????????? Why isn't he speaking up? If I had one women making such allegations against me, I'd be challenging her very vociferously.

There were a lot of allegations against Michael Jackson as well and I believe that he was innocent of them. Stories like this fuel media frenzy and perpetuate false allegations. Now, maybe some of the allegations are true, but then again... Maybe they`re not. Maybe the black community is not rallying to to Bill Cosby`s defense because he has been openly critical of them. Easy target.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There were a lot of allegations against Michael Jackson as well and I believe that he was innocent of them. Stories like this fuel media frenzy and perpetuate false allegations. Now, maybe some of the allegations are true, but then again... Maybe they`re not. Maybe the black community is not rallying to to Bill Cosby`s defense because he has been openly critical of them. Easy target.

Yeah, Michael was such a weird f**Ker the last thing he needed was any allegations. (I still wouldn't let my young grandchildren sleep in bed with him):)